The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Livestream Feedback: Suggested Ui

BrainInvader

I know it is a bit early to hate or celebrate, but he asked for feedback so I will give it(And because I like putting my opinion out there)

KXxNJTQ.jpg

vs

5EDvJtf.jpg

First look:

I prefer the current one. It is more pushed into corners, is generally smaller and doesn't jump into your face as much.

It is there with all the info you could need(Exept some missing stuff) and doesn't clutter your screen. But the current also does it in a way that doesn't make me feel like my screen needs to be bigger.

Some actual feedback:

I like the more obvious aim reticule(aim thingy...) and your sentinel health/xp and melee xp finally being visible. But beyond that I prefer the current look. I don't need to know my stamina(currently), I don't want like my abilities jumping into my face since I always know them and use 1-4 anyway. 

The thing that jumps into my mind is that this is more designed for PS4 than PC. Where PS4 has a larger screen to go together with the bigger UI.

The current layout works perfectly for me, and like I said the only thing I wouldn't mind seeing brought over is the sentinel/melee/aim changes, the rest is just...Not for me.(An EVE online reference: I would like to see the game, not only the UI)

Edited by BrainInvader

Well, maybe for you that's fine. However, personally I really don't like all the important bits tucked away in a corner someplace. I'd like it to be closer to where I'm actually looking in a fight.

This is my opinion on what is important, don't take it offensive:

The important bits are your enemies and where you are walking. Having things in corners is perfect for that since the middle of your screen stays free from less-important things like ammo and health but you are still able to see them quickly in a half-second glance towards a corner.

The only thing i would change in the new one is the size of the mini map. I prefer the smaller one. Everything else seems to make sense so that i spend more time on target, killing than looking in the corners of the screen.

I would also like all of the elements togglable. Especially the powers since i know what powers i have and which key activates it.

The only thing i would change in the new one is the size of the mini map. I prefer the smaller one. Everything else seems to make sense so that i spend more time on target, killing than looking in the corners of the screen.

I would also like all of the elements togglable. Especially the powers since i know what powers i have and which key activates it.

With your peripheral vision you still can't see the stats with the proposed system. You still need to glance at it like currently, exept now it is also jumping in your face when not glancing at it.

I understand your point, and for some people true, but definitely not for me. I prefer to look at my target without seeing 10 others things in my vision asking for my attention while they don't need it.

I'm sure the 2.0 version will get some improvements.  

Yeah...I have heard that before in games, generally it just turned out for the worse in the end and it made the UI all the more annoying to use.

Edit: I should go to bed...I sound way too hostile while I don't mean it in such a way...

Edited by BrainInvader

I prefer the current one. It is more pushed into corners, is generally smaller and doesn't jump into your face as much.

On PS4, HUD elements will have to be this distance from the edges of the screen, however, rest assured, on PC, we should be able to move everything into the corners as currently is in-game.

I don't want like my abilities jumping into my face since I always know them and use 1-4 anyway. 

This is something we have been chatting about actually.

The main reason to include them was to make the game as accessible as possible to new users. However, there would definitely be aesthetic value in removing them. Will have to do more exploration to determine what we'll do here.

not hostile at all, just your opinion..

for me, i think that the only wrong thing in that beautiful UI is the big powers in the middle, is distracting and as someone else stated we already know what powers do and in wich slot/number they are asigned, that should be below the minimap, that should be smaller also...

my 2 cents.

my english sucks when i am sleepy, sorry for that XD...

looks like it was made for a console, way to clunky and bold for me at monitor range. the reticule in the center is just making things difficult.

I want to make things smaller and increase transparency.

map is better power bar is in the way and I never use team UI

The new one's layout is better I just like the smooth soft feeling of the first one. The new layout is too aggressive, too intense compared to the current one and the writing takes up too much of the screen. Otherwise, I like all the placement better in the new one, but I prefer the soothing blue boxes of the old.

I also don't know how I feel about the new map, but it could grow on me. It just feels too cramped and doesn't show enough of the room.

Edited by ElectiDei

Only reason you don't like it is the scale? he's already said scaling is likely to be an option in the other thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147761-feedback-about-direction-of-new-hud-ui/page-2#entry1751227

The additional elements around the reticle are cooldowns/stamina/etc it's not going to be that busy normally, again he's detailed that in the other thread.

Edited by KriLL3

I like it for a WiP image! It is crisp and clear. Here is my feedback though:

There needs to be more colour distinction for things like shields. Can't be the same white as exp. Put it back to light blue.

I think I like stamina on the reticle especially considering the upcoming melee 2.0 system.

I still want a round minimap - I just find it more comfortable.

Ability bar doesn't really need to be center-stage like that. Should be kept up in the top corner under the Warframe name.

I want the Team Status UI to be a toggle. Also, I want it to show what Warframe people are using.

Edited by TheSeannachaidh

I do like the new concept UI. Its a breath of fresh air.

But it still doesnt do it for me. Still feels too "cluttered" in the middle as a whole. In a game that is so fast paced, ive always felt that you need to be able to see as MUCH as possible. The designs themselves seem good, but give US the option of placement and scalability and opacity. Then people can be happy because they could place stuff wherever they want to be happy.

I think the common consensus that the UI needs to include

-Player Shields

-Player HP

-Player Energy

-Player Stamina

-Player level with XP bar(with toggle visibility)

-Player abilities (with toggle visibility)

-Sentinel HP

-Sentinel Shields

-Sentinel Level with XP bar (with toggle visibility)

-Minimap

-Squad Names

-Squad HP

-Squad shields

-Squad Mastery Ranks

-Squad warframe names

-Reticule (with options to change color, opacity, size, shape, outline, outline color) <--- this I believe to be very important for quality of life. White gets lost easily in battle

-Enemy name

-Enemy level

-enemy HP

-Enemy shields

-Primary Weapon Ammo

-Primary Level with XP bar (toggle visibility)

-Secondary Weapon Ammo

-Secondary level with XP bar (toggle visibility)

-Melee weapon Level with XP bar (toggle visibility)

Include those items and options. Give the players the option to hide certain elements, and scale/move/rotate/bend/color each element and everyone can be happy. Well except for the few who claim they wont be happy because they shouldnt have to customize their UI in a game.

HUD UI needs to be size and position optional

DE give us the ability to choose what is displayed and how big and where it is located

this would solve 99% of all HUD UI issues/complaints

aesthetics can come MUCH MUCH later if at all (the previous issues are far more important)

HUD UI needs to be size and position optional

DE give us the ability to choose what is displayed and how big and where it is located

absolutely. full customization of the HUD is a great way to make it well, great for everyone.

even better, is if the HUD is so open ended players can write their own HUD. other games have done that, and you get some really interesting stuff because of it. and best of all, those crazy bizzare things are tailored to a niche group of people, but it was free to give them what they want. 

if people can make what they want out of a HUD, they'll do it. because it's critically important. 

but that's no excuse for the official one to not be superb as well, of course.

I would really love to see some of the ui moved into the gameworld as 3d assets rather than more bars on the screen.

I suppose a great example would be Dead Space, you have your health bar running down your spine as a coloured bar. I would love to have something like energy shown visually on the warframe rather than as bars in the ui. Stamina too. I would also like the sentinel info treated in the same way to again free up room in the ui. have it displayed on the sentinel itself ingame (perhaps it fades when in combat, and appears when out of combat)

I'm not a fan of all the clutter around the crosshair. I realise that is where the players attention is but really prefer a very clean crosshair with as minimal ui as possible around that area. Honestly, the less of the ui I can see the better, aside from critical stuff like health and shields.

I love the way the ui shrinks and fades when you aim with a weapon, please keep that!

The ability bar at the bottom seems useless. Maybe if skills had cooldowns you would need something like this to track that but they don't so? Hopefully stuff like that will have a toggle option or something similar to hide it.

I like the font and colours though :)

I don't know what resolution they used for the screenshot of the new UI but I believe on 1680x1050 and higher the elements will be a lot smaller.

Even then there are some unnecessary elements that should be optioinal like the current weapon/warframe name and level and additionally the rather huge ability selection bar on the button. When deactivated the remaining elements should move closer together to save screenspace.

Customization is the key here it seems. It would be nice if we get some options to deactivate specific elements, increase/decrease visibility and size etc.

Edited by Gekker

1. Shieds/health: more visible bars, less numbers. I don't need to know do I have 300 or 350 shields, I need to know how much of them left from the max.

2. Move shields/health to the bottom center, and make it larger. Upeer right corner is certainly not the place I see when fighting enemies.

Example:

mass-effect-3-citadel-dlc-screenshot-07-

You should know this game ;)

1. Shieds/health: more visible bars, less numbers. I don't need to know do I have 300 or 350 shields, I need to know how much of them left from the max.

2. Move shields/health to the bottom center, and make it larger. Upeer right corner is certainly not the place I see when fighting enemies.

Example:

mass-effect-3-citadel-dlc-screenshot-07-

You should know this game ;)

I'd disagree with bars. I would love to see numbers for health and shields because I like to measure and predict how much damage something does and so on...