Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Naming The Paladruid Frame

Nervara

Bach or Bacchus.

The Roman name for Dionysus, the god of the grape harvest, winemaking and wine.

Also, Satyrs are known companions of Dionysus. And Satyrs love to get drunk and drink wine.

I know what I'm going to be drinking when I start ranking him up.

I'd like to second Bacchus, it's a good idea. Although definitely not plainly "Bach" since I think most people would think of Johann Sebastion...

Hronok perhaps?

Are you being serious? Is everybody here being serious? Seems to be a infection going around that gives everybody a fanboy addiction to unpronouncable greek/Roman names....

It's like none of you see the naming trend that is already established...

Just so its fair my suggestion is valour (misspelled or prounced however you like)

Are you being serious? Is everybody here being serious? Seems to be a infection going around that gives everybody a fanboy addiction to unpronouncable greek/Roman names....

It's like none of you see the naming trend that is already established...

Just so its fair my suggestion is valour (misspelled or prounced however you like)

The frame's clearly designed to be reminiscent of a satyr. Satyr's are mythological creatures. It's not that far of a stretch.

Plus, there's no obvious naming trend that doesn't have several exceptions. Vauban in particular pretty much defies any trend you might propose.

In case any of you still think it's a goat themed frame, you're wrong. It's obviously it's a stag. The horns are nothing like a goats. The name Cernunnos is the most appropriate name for the theme. Since it will come out with new jungle tileset and Cernunnos is the Celtic lord of nature I think it's the perfect choice. Cernunnos is also the stag king, again it's not a goat frame!

Edited by JahziLLa

In case any of you still think it's a goat themed frame, you're wrong. It's obviously it's a stag. The horns are nothing like a goats. The name Cernunnos is the most appropriate name for the theme. 

Why are you spamming that name? It seems you only think that it is good name. Try suggesting some more.

Well based on previous name choices by DE they will choose a name from mythology that fits the theme of the frame scan it and choose a mythological name that sounds cool and take out letters so it sounds edgy, cool, and easy to say(this based entirely how I assume valkyr was named). So hopefully satyr but probably not.

I have one question. What does this frame have to do with fairies? It's a stag king!

Well Fairy king Oberon is described as being an overall deformed forest dweller, but one with a face so beautiful that no mortal could remain unimpressed. That description alone seems to fit with his overall appearance; magnificent horns and all.

He carries a bow and a horn. He can kill anything he aims at with his bow, and with his horn he can cure anything. Also fitting from what we know so far with him supporting teammates. Along with innate powers the fairies tend to possess... 

Fairies are a lot darker than how we advertise them in this day and age.

But you know, it's just a name. It's not like he's the guy from the stories.

Just like Warframe's Vauban isn't the famous French engineer from the 1600's.

I feel it fits right up there with names like Cernunnos. I feel Oberon is more flavorful though,

Just spreading nifty name ideas. 

Edited by Sullen