Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Armor

Grimwing

Question

Hey guys,

I have a question about the armor stat on warframes in the game. I couldn't find any info about this on Warframe wiki.

So, the question is, how does armor work? If you have a high rating or armor, does that mean that your shields will deplete slower, eg. armor mitigates damage to your shields?

Or does armor only affect the damage you suffer to your HP?

I would like to know this for planning my builds. :)

5 answers to this question

For all warframes, adding some % Armor can really extend your combat duration by increasing your HP "buffer zone". After playing with Rhino, I have really begun to appreciate the surviability boost that Armor provides.

Of course, due to the way that shields regen, your first defensive concern should be shields, but one or two high %Armor mods can really go a long way.

I used mass armor mods + HP mods on Rhino. Even if my skin isnt up, I can still take a beating no problem. I figure I have somewhere around 90-93% damage reduction on 400 hp. Its not bad, specially if you have reju.

Would also like to mention that Corpus melee shock guys (I dont knw their official name lol) on Pluto only hit me for 7 damage.

Edited by bptamblyn