Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack Of Lv.20-30 Areas? Where To Gear/level For Ceres/pluto?

Bonemiser

Question

I've been playing a solo Excalibur for a few days now, currently using Boar, Lex and Furax. Right now the first missions on Ceres and Pluto are too overwhelming for me to do alone, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere in the solar system for me to level up and find intermediate mods.

After looking at the level ranges of the starting zones for each planet, it seems as though there's a huge glut of low-level content, no mid-level content, and three "endgame" planets (one for each species). According to my notepad:

Merc 01-01 Grin

Venu 05-10 Corp

Eart 15-20 Grin

Mars 08-15 Corp

Jupi 10-15 Infe

Satu 03-08 Grin

Uran 10-15 Grin

Nept 15-23 Corp

Cere 25-35 Grin

Eris 30-40 Infe

Plut 35-50 Corp

What was the original intention for progression? I'm aware of Update 7 completely scrapping mods, but despite that it seems odd for there to be a huge amount of low-level content and no mid-level content. Giving players six Lv.1-15 zones and then expecting them to jump to 25-35 (Ceres) is absolutely absurd to me.

Regarding the question ("Where should I level?"):

If I ignore anything 19 or below, my solo options are:

-Neptune (15-23): Just slightly above the 19 cutoff, but offers underwhelming mod drops.

-Earth (15-20): see above.

-Eris (30-40): Managable due to the nature of the Infested, but tends to drop Rank 30 mods which are unusable for anyone still leveling. My weapons are Ranks 2, 14 and 10 (respectively), read: far below 30.

I have some reason to believe I can handle all of Ceres if I group using the public matchmaker, but the drops there would still be unusable for me (Eris Syndrome). Is Neptune really the best option for intermediate (Rank ~15) Mods?

Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully this is strictly a beta issue.

6 answers to this question

I just explored the other planets. I mean you do 1 planet of grineer your probably sick of grineer so do the other two planets at lower level that you havent comepleted. You want to unlock all levels anyway for alert missions so why not do it while leveling. Also when I hit max level and started building new weapons I found I had most the parts because I had gone to all the planets.

Just a thought thats how I did it worked out well for me.

The farther you get through a planet, the higher levelled its enemies are (e.g level range for Earth is 15-20 at first and becomes 18-26 by the time you get to Vay Hek)

The later misisons of Earth, Uranus, and Neptune seem to fit your bill.