Ash Set Up Question

Question

Im alittle thorn on what to pick atm for the build i gonna test.

I got

1 mod 60% stamina recharge

2 24% sprint speed and 1 10%

3 health mod 73-74 health

1 73% malee damage 1 49% malee damage

3 armor mods 64-68

I got 300 shield with 400 somthing health.

What I wondering is if shield recharge 40-70% ones would be better to have then the armor.

The idea of the build is to be able to run up fast to targets and malee them saving energy not using teleport.

Or if it better to add more 47% malee damage mods and stamina recharge instead of the armor.

*edit*

Forgot to say I got scorpion helm to and saving the energy not using teleport to be able to use smoke screen more.

Edited by Emolition

17 answers to this question

not using teleport.

you can extend this to not use any ash skills at all

cause they are useless mostly, so you should focus on shuriken only

and you ll unlock

ASH HIDDEN REAL ULTIMATE SKILL

"SHURIKEN RAIN"

how to activate shuriken rain?

wait to have full energy (200 is good)

Spam 1

profit

(if you can cause you may have been raped meanwhile)

Shields and melee damage.

Armor and health are useless, since it's only useful when your shields are down and Ash isn't supposed to let his shields go down. Sprint speed and stamina recharge are useless too, since Ash is already one of the two fastest frames in the game and stamina can be recharged without sacrificing speed by continuously using slide-jump.

Max Smoke Bomb and mod nodes. If some points are left after that - get ult.

Use dual zoren spec'd for melee damage, crit chance and crit damage. Use smoke bomb before taking on large groups of enemies and blade storm for fun.

It's a very mainstream build, I know.

I went for shield and recharge, you are fast and kill stuff fast, usually you will be able to clear a room without depleting your shields entirely. Closing in on a larger group of grineers or corpus shooting at you on open field, teleport might come in handy to close the last coverless gap to have full shields when you are doing your melee magic.

Regarding melee mods, if youre onehitting stuff you have enough melee dmg, if you feel like needing some additional killspeed swap some survivability for a melee mod and see how it goes. im using 200% melee dmg mods on my dual heatswords and that is enough for everything i encountered so far.

One word about the shuriken, i only used it once, and that was when i unlocked that skill for the first time. it feels useless as my basic melee attacks deal more dmg and are faster without interupting my rythm.

@fedor

Sprint speed has a nice synergy with shields. the faster you are, the less time you will spend exposed to enemy fire, leaving more beef on the shields for when you are in the fray and really need it.

Edited by Nevrmoor

yeah its pretty much the build I had. I teleport the long distances to not get all shield killed before I reach them as I'm pretty slow runner (not good with the jumping and flipping speeding).

Why I adding the sprint speed to take 1 second to get across the place and less damage to me to reach them instead of using up all the energy teleporting so I can spend more on smoke screen.

Most of the time when I play warframe I just run regular dont jump and glide and all that. So the faster I can sprint the faster I move. On my trinity I move very slow not sprinting that often.

@nevrmoor

Ok will switch over to shield hopefully it strong enough for dont have much health nodes so with out the healh mods I got 200 health =) And as my dual zorens not super charged I feel the extra malee mods on the frame helps abit. And my teleport is changed from rank 3 to a rank 1 to allow me more mod slots.

I used to use Shuriken the most. But I'm more into speed acrobatics and blades. So I use teleport and smoke about twice as much as shuriken--and I use shuriken a lot still. But telelport is the unsung champ of Ash's skill set. I can teleport on friends to save them. Hit smokescreen and revive them in complete peace while all hell breaks loose around me.

I can telelport on Loki's decoy. I can teleport on Volt when he's using his super speed sprint. Plus you do crit dmg with melee while invisible from smokescreen.

I have a 24.8 sprint speed mod and just threw on another dual mod (24.8 sprint spd and 20 loot radar.) But having a total of 50+ speed is almost too fast. Almost.

I have my shields at 587 and still rock a 69.4 shield capacity mod.

Edited by RawGritz

Allmost 800 shield with the new set up with allmost 115% shield recharge. Only tested on a lvl 1-2 map to see the numbers waiting to test it out on high lvl stuff until my friend online but hopefully that 800 shield gonna keep me alive only having 200 health (toxic guys can be a problem luckly I got my hek)

yeah, i found the sweetspot for shields to be at around 600-700, 100%-150% regen seems to be enough but it could be a bit more for comfort. On the other hand i dont want to sacrifice any sprint speed or melee dmg, and you still have smoke screen as a panic button.

@emo

aye, ancients are a bit tricky, but noone expects you to melee them with that 200 health anyways XD

Edited by Nevrmoor

Got to say was pretty fun playing that low lvl map with this sprint set up just sprint and slash with the zorens as they trying to out run you and the sprint time is quiet a bit longer then what Im use to.

Allmost 800 shield with the new set up with allmost 115% shield recharge. Only tested on a lvl 1-2 map to see the numbers waiting to test it out on high lvl stuff until my friend online but hopefully that 800 shield gonna keep me alive only having 200 health (toxic guys can be a problem luckly I got my hek)

A great test of your abilities and load out is Outer Terminus in Pluto sector. It's a Defense mission at lvl 39-55. Try to solo that and see how long you last.

A great test of your abilities and load out is Outer Terminus in Pluto sector. It's a Defense mission at lvl 39-55. Try to solo that and see how long you last.

Didn't die even if it was close just before I failed the mission for I couldnt defend the cargo was hard when not having any energy =P

*edit*

Not sure if its harder to solo in online mode or not for I forgot to put solo on.

And would probebly help if the dual zorens was super charged.

Edited by Emolition

One thing I was never sure of in regards to Shield Regen mods, do they improve how fast the shield regenerates when you're out of combat long enough, or does it decrease the amount of time needed out of combat for the shields to start to regen, or both (I figured it was probably the first but thought I'd ask anyways)?

Hey guys I got the blueprints for ash, but i need the head, circuts and chassie,, where can i find info on building or designing my armor. there seems to be a large hole in the basics of this game, no instructions, say like the running fast at a wall and pressing then releasing the jump key to climb a wall, this took me some time to find out -from a player... I honestly hope that is one of the issues they will work on before open release.

Component blueprints drop from Tyl Regor (Titania, Uranus).

Source: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ash

So basically you have to farm that boss as he drops the 3 blueprints you need (Ash helmet, chassis, and systems). You'll also need some other materials some of which are drops from other bosses. Then you craft those 3 items, and finally you can craft the whole warframe using the Ash Warframe BP you bought from the marketplace and the 3 items you crafted (helmet, chassis & systems). You can look up all the materials required for each BP on the Wikia I linked above. Great source of info. Good luck with crafting your Ash :)

Oh and forgot to mention this helpful sticky as well that is a quick reference of all warframe BPs and the bosses that drop them:

https://forums.warfr...013-loki-added/

Edited by Valadus