Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where To Level Up As A Beginner?

MrSplashy

Question

10 answers to this question

I don't really know a specific map, but i went to level up according to my level, say, if i'm using a lvl 4 warframe, lvl 3 rifle, lvl 1 gun, lvl 3 melee, i'd go to some mission with level rec (stated on the mission node in each planet) "3 - 4" or "3 - 6"

the key is to get as much kill as possible, and also search for storage containers, they wield Affinity balls (exp points) that gives 100 Affinity

special enemies like Grineer Heavies and Bosses will likely gives you a lot of Affinity too, if i'm within the level range in a planet's Boss mission, i think i'd go with that mission

Mercury-Tolstoj. Do boss the boss a few times for some EXP and Cronus BP's to sell.

this one is good too, fairly easy, a lot of enemy waves

Edited by Adagio

Seems like you got what you needed. But I will reverberate the Mercury suggestion. Plus get some friends and try to roll with a group. See how seasoned Tenno play. Plus group sessions seem to offer up more challenge and loot than dolo.

As a suggestion, eliminate the "better" and "op" words from your concept of gaming.

First of all we are in beta, and underwhelming things (see Ember ultimate for example) will going to get fixed, and actually in the upcoming patch the entire upgrade tree thing is going to get trashed and changed.

So what could be overpowered now (and there's none afaik) could be perfectly balanced or why not underpowered in the upcoming future.

Second of all, and most important, games are there for you to have fun, to stimulate you, to entertain you.

Don't pick what works best, just to get bored of it shortly after.

Pick the character, in this case the Warframe that fits your style the most and makes you feel like you are the one inside that suit, wrecking havoc all around you, in your style.

Trust me, you won't ever regret it.

As for your 2 choices,

Rhino moves slower and is more bulky, having 1 skill that provides protection in the form of a colossus-like (x-men anyone?) armor and the rest 3 skills are more aggro based and do different useful things, one of which putting you in a Matrix like situation where your enemies fly in slowmo while you are slaying them in "normal" speed.

Ash moves faster than most characters (maybe the same or a bit slower than Loki), and a lot faster than Rhino, but is obviously less bulky and armored. Its defensive skill makes you invisible (and staggers enemies for a sec), during which you have 100% crit chance with melee weapons. The other skills are a handy long-range teleport and a high damage ultimate that in my personal opinion is one of the coolest thing you'll ever see, despite being slightly glitched in certain rare situations.

So the question is, do you prefer a tanky massive heavy duty smashing brawler or a lightning fast stealthy fragile yet deadly assassin?

Both Rhino and Ash can be pretty fun. Ash is more about speed and Rhino is more about standing in something's face and taking a beating and liking it. Rhino's ultimate power is one of the coolest looking in the game, in my opinion. Watching a room full of enemies slow motion tumble while you cut them apart.. Ash's ultimate is very powerful and super useful when you're in a bad spot and need to clear the room.

As for non-ultimates, Ash's first ability Shuriken can be fired off quickly and will kill almost anything in the game if you have enough energy -- and you can do it so fast it might as well be a tactical nuke. Rhino's second ability stone skin is god mode. You are literally invincible. Of course, I say this in the context of having 3 nodes in your skill tree unlocked for them. But at lower levels, they are still good. Rhino is combat support (tank) with very good solo-ability, while Ash is covert strike with very good solo-ability.