Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Will Replace Mods In Update 7? Also, What Happens To Reactors/catalysts?

Grimwing

Question

So, I was thinking about the possibilities on what will replace mods in the game.

Any info on this so far? I find mods to be good in the game, they raise motivation to farm, offer perfect customization options, etc...

I couldn't think of any better alternative, seriously.

Another thing, I have a reactor and a catalyst at hand, should I use them up before update 7 or not?

Or this update won't affect them at all?

Some info would be appreciated. :)

7 answers to this question

If you watched the Q&A, Steve mentions that the Mod system is being replaced with the Artifact System. This system will work in a fashion where certain frames can equip certain artifacts, and each artifact requires a certain amount of power to run. Each time you increase your warframe's rank, you increase the amount of energy you can use by some unknown amount.

Having a Potato is said to double the maximum amount of power you are able to use, or at least increase the limit.

If you watched the Q&A, Steve mentions that the Mod system is being replaced with the Artifact System. This system will work in a fashion where certain frames can equip certain artifacts, and each artifact requires a certain amount of power to run. Each time you increase your warframe's rank, you increase the amount of energy you can use by some unknown amount.

Having a Potato is said to double the maximum amount of power you are able to use, or at least increase the limit.

Hmm, it sounds boring and too simplified. I don't see this as an improvement. Sounds like a much more limited customization concept. :/

Thanks for the answer though.

Hmm, it sounds boring and too simplified. I don't see this as an improvement. Sounds like a much more limited customization concept. :/

Thanks for the answer though.

Keep in mind that it's not just mods that are replaced. It's the complete upgrade tree. As far as I understand the new system that means you'll have complete control over which stats or powers you want to improve, whereas the current upgrade tree forces you to upgrade certain stats that you might not care about.

Edited by Botskiz

Keep in mind that it's not just mods that are replaced. It's the complete upgrade tree. As far as I understand the new system that means you'll have complete control over which stats or powers you want to improve, whereas the current upgrade tree forces you to upgrade certain stats that you might not care about.

It's alright, but what will motivate you to farm on the maps if there will be no mods? Personally I will pretty much miss the mod farming.

It's alright, but what will motivate you to farm on the maps if there will be no mods? Personally I will pretty much miss the mod farming.

Mods being converted when the update hits =D

farm mods now so you can get freebies of w/e it's being converted into lol.

As far as I know there is no confirmation from the developers that those new artifacts won't drop from mobs.