Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Setup Your Warframe

LEFTNUT

Question

Guys as we all probably know there are better places to farm exp/mods and so on. There's one thing, although, that not everyone knows: how to setup your warframe, this includes mods, weapons, strategies you use, etc. That being said, I believe it would be usefull if players share their experience. There are already a few videos on YouTube of people soloing Xini for example, however none really explains how did they manage to do so.

What do you, fellow Tenno, think? Looking forward to share knowledge? Im sure lots of newbies (like me) would appreciate it.

Best regards and may the force be with Tenno.

Edited by LEFTNUT

3 answers to this question

Well, i've recently started to farm mods in Xini map, and well.. me having Rhino and Frost as the most played chars, when i went there i used to have mods like armor armor health shield, like full tank, cus i use tank warframes. Now i see that while in Xini, you need to be just freakin' powerful and quick, use mods that give you that! I just did Xini with crit, fire rate and armour pierc on my Scindo...wow, just wow

I'll post some advice for a more balanced Rhino build.

For Rhino I stack speed, armor and melee. Sprint speed because he is very slow and will need it to keep up. Armor because he has the highest armor so even a small armor % boost is more effective on him. Melee for the same reason as armor. For abilities I stack Rhino Charge and Iron Skin and grab the most health I can get. Using this set up I get more than 50% of the kills and damage on almost every run (even xini). For weapons I use Vandal, Afuris and Gram. Vandal and Afuris do rapid medium/close range damage and have good enough aim to get head shots. Gram does solid AoE damage and attacks fast.

For ranged weapons I stack the best damage and critical mods I have. For gram I load up attack speed, armor piercing and damage (charge speed is great too but I don't have any good charge speed mods). For Vandal and Afuris skipping armor piercing and fire rate mods is best. They fire fast enough that you can get a boat load of criticals. I kill un-shielded level 30's with a couple of bursts. For gram I don't do crit because it seems to be better against groups just using raw damage mods and faster swings.

I can run into any situation, pop Iron Skin and bullet spam everything. I don't ever have to build up much power. I clear rooms slower than a one-shot skill but faster than anybody not using their fourth skill. With gram and iron skin I can slaughter swarms of ancients. I almost never die. I rarely ever have to run away to recover against tough enemies. And I can face tank most bosses.

I've never tried to solo xini but I still do very well. Even being slow I'll get more than my fair share of the kills and damage on a bad run. I'm not saying that this is the best way to play on paper. For me it is the best I've gotten. I am a long time FPS competitor though so I tend to play Warframe like an FPS with heavy melee. Good luck to all the Rhinos out there.