Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 11.5.0: The Cicero Crisis.

[DE]Rebecca

Im not sure if u all can help me but i just finished making my vermillion anti-toxin but before I was about to use it I recognized that my points have been on 25 for the last couple days, and to be honest i should of completed the event by now but there is just 25 plz help i dont want to waist my vermillion anti toxin 

Awaiting your response

OVER-_-KILL

Edited by OVER-_-KILL

I have enjoyed the event so fat, however something that I found frustrating was the sheer grind for the jadeleaves, with the changingday/night cycle. Now I need to play for a few hours straight, and if the change doesn't happen I have to wait until the cycle changes.

Also, something that caused me a lot of eyestrain is the fact that the scanner highlights stuff in orange, on a light green background. Not easy to tell apart from the background when you can't tell some reds and greens apart. Can we have recolourable energy colour for the codex scanner, just for us colourblind people (and why not the others too)?

Fortunately I got my 100 points now so I don't need to stress myself out with the "deadline" and can concentrate on having fun. :)

And the only thing that can cause you to fail the Cicero Defense mission is not sticking together. I don't recommend playing a "door or a hallway hero" halfway across the map because that won't help your team. OR going AFK at 75%. I was in such a mission with a slightly weak Oberon, and was pretty much the only guy left defending the pod at times. But we made it in the end. :P

Edited by SoanoS

In order to fail a 100% run, you must suck. The higher mobs are like lvl 30, not higher.  They are a one shot to almost anything you can bring, and should not be able to kill you. Seriously, as an excalibur, i didn't died a single time in my 100% run, while i revived 15 times other mates including 2 rhinos (its a bad choice anyway, you have to defend the machine, not yourself). People just do sh*t with their frame, and then complain about the event when 4 of them join the same session and fail.

If you fail in something that is supposedly doable in solo, while being in a team, complain about yourself, not about the event, your frame is such a big fail you should erase it. You don't know which weapons to pick, which frames, with wich skill to use, anything that would be appropriate to the situation. You don't have a single clue about how to play the game, and still you complain about it?

And same about the guys failling cause of bad antidote. You had something like 20 days to achieve and to retry. Whats the problem? There is no problem. There would be one if the event was lasting only 1 day, the guys whith no life nor job would be advantaged cause they could farm the 24 hours. But with 20 days, no excuses. They gave yo uthat delay to hive you a chance if such team fail happen. and how did you thanks them, you complain about that...

And now those who cry cause they lose time cause their teammate are evil conspirators who don't mark ingredients. Your scanner mark anything you need. Again, no excuses.

Damn, this community is full a sorry &#! cry babies. I really hope DE doesn't kneel to such kids' whims.

Edited by TonyOneBlairoby

In order to fail a 100% run, you must suck. The higher mobs are like lvl 30, not higher.  They are a one shot to almost anything you can bring, and should not be able to kill you. Seriously, as an excalibur, i didn't died a single time in my 100% run, while i revived 15 times other mates including 2 rhinos (its a bad choice anyway, you have to defend the machine, not yourself). People just do sh*t with their frame, and then complain about the event when 4 of them join the same session and fail.

If you fail in something that is supposedly doable in solo, while being in a team, complain about yourself, not about the event, your frame is such a big fail you should erase it. You don't know which weapons to pick, which frames, with wich skill to use, anything that would be appropriate to the situation. You don't have a single clue about how to play the game, and still you complain about it?

And same about the guys failling cause of bad antidote. You had something like 20 days to achieve and to retry. Whats the problem? There is no problem. There would be one if the event was lasting only 1 day, the guys whith no life nor job would be advantaged cause they could farm the 24 hours. But with 20 days, no excuses. They gave yo uthat delay to hive you a chance if such team fail happen. and how did you thanks them, you complain about that...

And now those who cry cause they lose time cause their teammate are evil conspirators who don't mark ingredients. Your scanner mark anything you need. Again, no excuses.

Damn, this community is full a sorry &#! cry babies. I really hope DE doesn't kneel to such kids' whims.

i don't think is a matter of grineer level i think the biggest factor in the failure is incorrect weapons/mod rig and sheer grineer numbers when a vermilion is used

even as rhino my beserk mod rig had trouble even with proper weapon load out due to the sheer numbers  after 75%  and that was maining a corrosive crit soma aklex an galitine   i had to get picked up 3 times only because i ran out of ammo 3 times due to spawn numbers

Edited by DragoXXVIII

Number is not a problem when the team spam crowd control abilities. Again, rhino is a bad choice. His only CC is the ulti, which cost full energy.

Pick an excalibur with radial blind which cost 30 or 35 energy, and with a nearly 15 meters dash.And you are done downing anything with fewest ammo possible, and switching as fast as lightning to any front (or any downed mates, and then flee the same way) as needed.

...Oh, wow, that escalated quickly.

For Crowd control, I personally prefer Nyx, as Chaos lasts for quite a bit and does damage to enemies too trough their own friendly fire. Of course, you need to stay out of the harms way.

TonyOneEtc, what I read about your comment, may I ask you to not be so condescending. Some people just can't be über with their frames and with everything they do. There should be some margin for error for more casual players. And to be honest, you didn't really give any helpful advice there. 

Anyways, a working combination is always difficult to find in public games. But if you have some friends on your friends list, use them and get some comms going. And don't wander off to play door hero like a selfish (something that rhymes with runt) and then complain when you are downed half-way across the map. Use the choke points to slow down enemy advance. The Cicero event is a team effort. Also, look at the wiki and choose your weapon for correct damage type for Grineer faction, and make sure you have enough ammo restores. And use them liberally. No-one has time to type "out of ammo" when there are 20 enemies staring you in the face. And use that team health indicator. Use those team heals, or healing abilities if you have. The less you have to revive others the better. Because when you are reviving someone, you aren't shooting.

Edited by SoanoS

Know my victory song (125 points!) Top 50 best dubstep songs ever 2013 MIX! (on you tube)

and for those who wonder how?

i played as nekros summoning a never ending army of undead using an ogris brak and brock

and having 50 medium energy NRG resoters 30 ammo restores 20 health restores

and i played with

a nova and a loki.

nova molacular prime death machine!

loki disarmer of masses!

necros the summoner of the shadows of the dead who kept pouring as long as the enemys kept dieying XD ! (omnious crazy laugh!)

I have personally witnessed a failure of a Vermillion antidote run last night. I was helping my three Norwegian friends and we got to 80% in the mission, and typically to their ISP, the internet connection of the host decides to sh*t all over itself and all but 2 get disconnected from the game. And they were run over soon after that. Of course, they lost the Vermillion antidote, and much cursing was to be heard. I feel sorry for the guy who spent the whole day getting the ingredients together, just to have all his efforts poured down the drain due to bad internet (some Norwegian ISPs are notorious for their unstable connections, even the wired ones are awful).

I think if the jadeleaves were more easy to get, people would have less issues with missions failing as getting the new key would take a lot less time, and they could retry again quicker. Or even better, get the antidote back on failure.

1 day to farm the vermillion?

The event lasted 20 days, so 20 vermillion, so 20 attempts. And thats just for 1 guy.

You don't even need to be 4 players to win this.

Anyway, lapis still exist.

...he has a life?

He doesn't think this game as a "second job" like some seem to do here, but he did put in a lot of effort. The whole group was very demotivated to continue after it happened.

I am just pointing out that by making things a tedious farm for days so easy to fall apart just from one technical issue can cost DE a lot of players with poor internet connections if they quit completely out of frustration.

On a side note, I remember one of the devs saying on a Livestream (I think it was Steve) a few months ago that DE doesn't want to rely on RNG with Waframe and wants to reduce grinding. And what happened? Complete opposite.

What happened, DE? Changed your mind?

Edited by SoanoS

Well, i work 8 hour a day with 2 hour travel time, and I still have time. Lapis take no time to craft. Instead of letting one guys farming for you all, you could all work a little and get lapis each. Even playing only half an hour a day, you should be able to get one each, every 2-3 days.

But no you just left the game happy that it wasn't you that had to farm all that vermillion for nothing.

You would like to achive the 100 pts easy without doing sh*t. Lol demotivated for sitting that someone else farm a vermillion, what a courrage.

Either you consider warframe a game or a job, such event should not be accomplished without some "contribution" of everybody. You are clrearly asking for a giveaway.

The game is not about accomplishing event anyway, so there is no problem that everybody can't complet them, the same way everybody can't have uber frames and stuff.

I've enjoyed the event. I'm grateful for content where it's actually possible to fail and where you get punished (mildly) for screwing up. The antitoxins aren't overly difficult or time-consuming to obtain and if you can't complete the defense part the first time, well, plenty of time to try again. The whole thing is up for weeks, it's not like they're being super restrictive or anything. There is no sense of achievement if I just get everything handed to me.

Number is not a problem when the team spam crowd control abilities. Again, rhino is a bad choice. His only CC is the ulti, which cost full energy.

Pick an excalibur with radial blind which cost 30 or 35 energy, and with a nearly 15 meters dash.And you are done downing anything with fewest ammo possible, and switching as fast as lightning to any front (or any downed mates, and then flee the same way) as needed.

Rhino is not a bad choice its just a matter of rigging him properly  i managed the event with 4 lapis and a team of 2 other rhinos and a vauban  and my typical rig i have 250 energy max so i usually don't have an issue skill wise . i just forgot to swap back to  defense/survival rig and left my exterm rig on by mistake

like i said i only went down due to running out of ammo and at the hands of a large group of heavy gunners/bombarders at those moments (like 6 hg and 4 bombards in a single group)

and oh yeah none of us used a respawn either  .... solo yeah rhino may be a poor choice but in a team not as much as you think

it just requires a little more skill to use rhino over frames like Vauban or Excalibur  or a stun lock Valkyr where you just hammer away on one skill the whole time

Edited by DragoXXVIII

No matter how you rigg rhino, his charge is still to weak to clear a whole room, is iron skill is useless because enemy are too low lvl to be really a threat (unless you expose yourself or try to solo them out of the main room, like the 2 rhinos in my succefull run kept doing, leaving the machine with just the nova, when i had to revive one or the other). Only the stomp can be effective, but too costly to be spammed in critical situations.

In a team of  several type of frames, a rhino is not a problem. But there is far too much team alsmot full of rhinos. And they keep running around thinking they are invincible, and finaly find themselve downed by lvl 30 mobs far away from the machine.

The only real threat in this event are the eviscerator saws,which offen end up in the machine while initially shot at you from far away through a window. Anything that come 20 meter close to the machine, no matter the quantity, shouldn't be more a threat than a rabbit. And at this range, its just an headshot point and click game, so no ammo issue (i can't beleive that some got out of ammo on both weapon, i mean by the time you empty your second weapon, you should have picked plenty of ammo for the first one without even noticying it., and anyway, by the time you empty your second weapon, you have plenty of time to use item to replenish first weap ammo, if you do not ... well thats not the fault of the event).

Edited by TonyOneBlairoby

*sigh* another event that you either have to co-op or be ridiculously well equipped to achieve the rewards.

I think I'm done with this game. Time and again I have said that co-op should not be enforced, time and again I've been ignored. Not everyone has a reliable connection to co-op on. At the start of last year your opinions meant something, purely because there were only a few thousand playing and getting someone to listen wasn't hard. Now that there's a few million you're lucky if you can get a voice in edge-ways.

I literally have to either co-op or be one of the best players around to achieve the landmarks set out in this event for solo rewards. Why can they not see that if you're going to give solo rewards then set them within reasonable point boundaries for solo players. By all means, include co-op rewards that are legitimate for co-op players. Clan rewards, etc. Don't make me have to run a solo defence mission that ramps up to L30+ Grineer for over twenty minutes. That's just torturous and is just unnecessary. 

Aside from this, I feel that the game update was great, the event not included. The maps are beautiful and the changes and fixes were all needed. In general the game is solid, but whoever is responsible for thinking up the reward plans for the events needs to change their mindset completely about how you're rewarding your playerbase. The assumption that everyone should co-op has been prevalent in the past events and every time there have been people against it. I wish you'd take this on board. People are also eager for story, legitimate story. Something that reveals lore, that makes us feel a part of the game. It's already been touted that the Tenno and Orokin are steeped in history, but nothing is happening there. I feel starved for content and the promise of it coming "soon" is not enough to keep me going. Functionally you've even stepped away from the parkour element. I find myself exploiting hit-scan weapons and hiding behind a corner while, physically impossible as it is, taking out enemies from safety. The damage changes are not responsible for this at all, but a lack of design innovation and an abundance of tools that make it compelling to sit in cover rather than being out and manoeuvrable makes this game closer and closer to games like gears of war than what you'd wanted us to be like in the beginning. I can only say that I hope you find your spot in gaming and are unique in it, but I'm not going to be around to stand through it. I had a lot of hopes for a flowing, third person shooter game, but I find myself disheartened now.

Goodbye all, it was fun while it lasted.

Edited by J-Pax