Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 11.5.0: The Cicero Crisis.

[DE]Rebecca

Because there IS no margin for error for casual gamers. At all.

What a lie.

The players just have to stay around the machine pressing their "1 to 4" keys regularly. What a coop accomplishment it is, my grandma could do it. 

And if 20 days is not enought of a margin for you . . .

Anyway, whats the matter with coop. When we suggest some pvp things, we get yelled after because the game need more coop than competition between players. And now you little crybabies cry when something ask a mosquito proportion of coop to be completed.

Of course, players that have hundred of hour of gameplay may succed in their first or second run, whatever the team they found themselves in. But thats the point of the game to gather equipement and mod to strengthen your frame to figh bigger and bigger stuff.

If this event may not be possible to completion to a 5 hour player with a lvl 20 unpotatoed frame and with starter weap (which is normal, or else the game doesn't make any sense at all), you absolutly don't need to have a pro equipement, everything potatoed and with multiple forma. If you would have completed late systems, doing 1 hour survivals, waves 30 of a defence mission, you would now that this event mission is nothing that challenging. Its pretty easy in fact, still tough in solo because its hard alone to keep control of everywhere at once, but easy nevertheless.

And well, you could even win the event having played the game only few hours, you just need to find a team who do all the work.

Edited by TonyOneBlairoby

What a lie.

The players just have to stay around the machine pressing their "1 to 4" keys regularly. What a coop accomplishment it is, my grandma could do it. 

And if 20 days is not enought of a margin for you . . .

Anyway, whats the matter with coop. When we suggest some pvp things, we get yelled after because the game need more coop than competition between players. And now you little crybabies cry when something ask a mosquito proportion of coop to be completed.

Of course, players that have hundred of hour of gameplay may succed in their first or second run, whatever the team they found themselves in. But thats the point of the game to gather equipement and mod to strengthen your frame to figh bigger and bigger stuff.

If this event may not be possible to completion to a 5 hour player with a lvl 20 unpotatoed frame and with starter weap (which is normal, or else the game doesn't make any sense at all), you absolutly don't need to have a pro equipement, everything potatoed and with multiple forma. If you would have completed late systems, doing 1 hour survivals, waves 30 of a defence mission, you would now that this event mission is nothing that challenging. Its pretty easy in fact, still tough in solo because its hard alone to keep control of everywhere at once, but easy nevertheless.

And well, you could even win the event having played the game only few hours, you just need to find a team who do all the work.

Okay then, so basically I have to leech off of better players to complete this event. Gotcha.

There is no margin for error for solo players. Not in this event.

As a casual player myself, who can not co-op because my internet stability is wobbly on a good day, I am severely disadvantaged with this event.

I either get a vermillion antitoxin or I'm screwed - and even then you need to bring your best gear, your best mods and even then you're not guaranteed to beat it. I personally tried twice, after several days of farming the ingredients, and failed twice. I used up all four revives, failed and then had to get another toxin, which equated to another few days of farming the materials. As a casual player I can not dedicate time in the day/night cycle for farming the materials that people who aren't casual can.

So to repeat myself - There is no margin for error for casual gamers. You are forced, once again, to co-op or be super-duper uber 1337 and solo it. I brought a maxed Frost, who did nothing but spam snowglobe on the cicero toxin machine. It was not enough, simply because by the time the toxin finished up to 100% chances of survival diminish on account of the fact I then had to face squads of level 30-35 Grineer that spawned more regularly to attack me than (what seemed to be) regular missions.

Having 20 days makes no difference. If it's stacked against you on day 1, then it's still stacked against you on day 20.

Now you're more than welcome to turn around and say to me that I am simply not skilled, or that I should learn to play or some other blighted retort - but all I will say to you is that if I had the time to do that, I would not be a CASUAL PLAYER. So yes, there is no support for casual players. It's either co-op, fail or don't take part. If I could have used 10x 10 score antitoxins - then fine, there would be some support there. But there isn't.

EDIT: More importantly, casual gamers are not guaranteed to co-op. I prefer solo myself - and as to what you've said I find it wholly unfair that a co-op game with a solo feature actually penalizes and makes the game more difficult for solo players. I am not arguing for better co-op, I could not care less about your PVP and quite frankly I do not want to be so disadvantaged during events with listed rewards that I am essentially punished for not taking part in co-op, just like most of the other events that have been held. Slingstone required several (understatement) hundred runs for solo. Informer events required you to be in teams for the best results. Arid Fear and Gradivus were better focused on adressing the entire playerbase rather than DO CO-OP OR SUFFER - this event is just a backstep and a worse oversight than the previous considering that they've had multiple events worth of experience.

Furthermore I find it odd that events can be implemented this way. Punishing one style of gameplay that is. I mean there is a design council section of the forum, why not post about it there if you don't want to inform the entire community of an upcoming event. There are tonnes of players with opinions and different points of view that could easily illuminate any potential issues or flaws that can also provide solutions to said problems. It isn't just limited to in-house development anymore, it doesn't have to be closed off. There are more resources available than just the people in the office.
Edited by J-Pax

Okay then, so basically I have to leech off of better players to complete this event. Gotcha.

There is no margin for error for solo players. Not in this event.

As a casual player myself, who can not co-op because my internet stability is wobbly on a good day, I am severely disadvantaged with this event.

I either get a vermillion antitoxin or I'm screwed - and even then you need to bring your best gear, your best mods and even then you're not guaranteed to beat it. I personally tried twice, after several days of farming the ingredients, and failed twice. I used up all four revives, failed and then had to get another toxin, which equated to another few days of farming the materials. As a casual player I can not dedicate time in the day/night cycle for farming the materials that people who aren't casual can.

So to repeat myself - There is no margin for error for casual gamers. You are forced, once again, to co-op or be super-duper uber 1337 and solo it. I brought a maxed Frost, who did nothing but spam snowglobe on the cicero toxin machine. It was not enough, simply because by the time the toxin finished up to 100% chances of survival diminish on account of the fact I then had to face squads of level 30-35 Grineer that spawned more regularly to attack me than (what seemed to be) regular missions.

Having 20 days makes no difference. If it's stacked against you on day 1, then it's still stacked against you on day 20.

Now you're more than welcome to turn around and say to me that I am simply not skilled, or that I should learn to play or some other blighted retort - but all I will say to you is that if I had the time to do that, I would not be a CASUAL PLAYER. So yes, there is no support for casual players. It's either co-op, fail or don't take part. If I could have used 10x 10 score antitoxins - then fine, there would be some support there. But there isn't.

EDIT: More importantly, casual gamers are not guaranteed to co-op. I prefer solo myself - and as to what you've said I find it wholly unfair that a co-op game with a solo feature actually penalizes and makes the game more difficult for solo players. I am not arguing for better co-op, I could not care less about your PVP and quite frankly I do not want to be so disadvantaged during events with listed rewards that I am essentially punished for not taking part in co-op, just like most of the other events that have been held. Slingstone required several (understatement) hundred runs for solo. Informer events required you to be in teams for the best results. Arid Fear and Gradivus were better focused on adressing the entire playerbase rather than DO CO-OP OR SUFFER - this event is just a backstep and a worse oversight than the previous considering that they've had multiple events worth of experience.

Furthermore I find it odd that events can be implemented this way. Punishing one style of gameplay that is. I mean there is a design council section of the forum, why not post about it there if you don't want to inform the entire community of an upcoming event. There are tonnes of players with opinions and different points of view that could easily illuminate any potential issues or flaws that can also provide solutions to said problems. It isn't just limited to in-house development anymore, it doesn't have to be closed off. There are more resources available than just the people in the office.

do you honestly think you are the only one to ever fail  finishing an event 100%?

last event i didn't make the points margin to get the brakk do you see me tossing a fit ? no

why ? because its a game, meaning sometimes you win some times you don't .

this particular event was mainly to promote  the  Co-Op aspect of this game not just be a hand out new weapons and mods.

but i will agree one play style (be it solo or mid-long range) should not be penalized just because 90% of the game community is co-op rng 1k runs an hour types

No matter how you rigg rhino, his charge is still to weak to clear a whole room, is iron skill is useless because enemy are too low lvl to be really a threat (unless you expose yourself or try to solo them out of the main room, like the 2 rhinos in my succefull run kept doing, leaving the machine with just the nova, when i had to revive one or the other). Only the stomp can be effective, but too costly to be spammed in critical situations.

In a team of  several type of frames, a rhino is not a problem. But there is far too much team alsmot full of rhinos. And they keep running around thinking they are invincible, and finaly find themselve downed by lvl 30 mobs far away from the machine.

The only real threat in this event are the eviscerator saws,which offen end up in the machine while initially shot at you from far away through a window. Anything that come 20 meter close to the machine, no matter the quantity, shouldn't be more a threat than a rabbit. And at this range, its just an headshot point and click game, so no ammo issue (i can't beleive that some got out of ammo on both weapon, i mean by the time you empty your second weapon, you should have picked plenty of ammo for the first one without even noticying it., and anyway, by the time you empty your second weapon, you have plenty of time to use item to replenish first weap ammo, if you do not ... well thats not the fault of the event).

and its not a matter of rigging rhino for cc as much as survivability rhino isn't ment to be the "dumb jock" of warframes he actually requires tactics to be of use moast of the time rather than skill spam

those that say rhino is easy mode when they play him is because they have the right mindset for useing him

those that say he sucks just don't have the right mind set to use him

ill say this everyone has one frame at least that they are op with BECAUSE they have the proper mindset for playing it not because the frame itself is op....its the player that makes it op

Edited by DragoXXVIII

Dear DE, may you please FIX THE DAMN LAGSPIKE ISSUE!?

I've given the event a second try with a Vermillion Antitoxin, but the lagspikes keeps kicking me from the game, and it won't allow me to rejoin and help my squad mates, claiming that "The Object has been completed", which is a fat lie, since I can hear my friends fight for dear life.

I don't care what the lazy players who mainly hang around Mercury says: THIS GAME IS NOT EASY. It is becoming increasingly more difficult to play and it is especially brutal towards new players.

Of course the game will be easy if you don't move towards the other planets!

Stop changing the game to suit those few that spends all their life infront of a computer!

DE you OWE us, You OWE me and my squadmates the 100 points we would have gotten in the Cicero event, if the game hadn't lagged and kicked me there would still have been four of us defending and we would have won.

This you owe us and I'll keep posting the link to this little topic here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/133829-sudden-lag-spike-resulting-in-kicked-from-game-or-ctd/#entry1607926 until someone fixes this.

This is not cool and it is unacceptable,

First, you have to prove that the lag don't come from either your ISP nor the host computer. Anyway, they owe you nothing even if the bugs come from the game. Its still a beta, and you have approved to suffer the eventual bug and report them. The reward is then fixes that lead to a full release, not those wraith gremlins.

Then I didn't understood your speech about brutal game for newbies while you say the game is easy on first planets (so where the newbies are).

what de needs  to solve lag issues i think is a dedicated host server an not peer to peer hosting

with a dedicated host server it means if you can connect to the game  you can connect to a party no if and or buts.

with peer to peer hosting  you rely on an uncertain stable isp and host that could effectively crash at any crucial moment and cost you the run or other various things like respawns mods or what ever else you were just about to get

any how thats what i think would fix the match makeing lag and connectivity problems

First, you have to prove that the lag don't come from either your ISP nor the host computer. Anyway, they owe you nothing even if the bugs come from the game. Its still a beta, and you have approved to suffer the eventual bug and report them. The reward is then fixes that lead to a full release, not those wraith gremlins.

Then I didn't understood your speech about brutal game for newbies while you say the game is easy on first planets (so where the newbies are).

I don't have to prove anything, while this issue affects me more than anyone else, I am not the only one my friends and a few others that read my thread have had the same issue.

And what I meant with too easy is this; if you're a rank 30 character with strong weapons and only hang around the first few planets of course the game will feel easy. Move outside to Eris or Pluto and you'll be murdered in single player.

And telling someone that "this weapon" or "that Warframe" will make it easier is coming from people that spends hours upon hours doing nothing but modding their stuff.

The game is moving away from being for the casual player, and is gearing more towards those few that spent their entire life infront of a computer.

what de needs  to solve lag issues i think is a dedicated host server an not peer to peer hosting

with a dedicated host server it means if you can connect to the game  you can connect to a party no if and or buts.

with peer to peer hosting  you rely on an uncertain stable isp and host that could effectively crash at any crucial moment and cost you the run or other various things like respawns mods or what ever else you were just about to get

any how thats what i think would fix the match makeing lag and connectivity problems

thats always going to be a bad idea, dedicated servers mean huge costs and the game wont be free anymore, then theres the fact youd need dedicated's for each country and the costs drive up even more.

we dont need dedicated servers, at best we need to be able to set our "country" of origin and not just have "Europe" etc for the matchmaking system to use, if the matchmaker set us up with ppl from our own countrys first, then if the games still not full looked further afield this would be more preferable to having 4 players scattered all over the place with some having no issues and some with tons of issues.

plenty of other games manage just fine without using dedicated servers, you certainly dont need costly dedicated servers just for 4 players, the matchmaking system just needs improved a bit more to help flesh things out.

if people suspect their having "lag" a lot, then its worth reading up on how to TRACERT multiple websites or other IP's in various different countrys just to see how their connection fairs over that distance, far too many ppl in gaming history blindly declare "my connections fine so it must be the game/server/whatever".

Edited by Methanoid

Hmm, just got 40 points sadly :( was too busy with work during the holiday season and other real life stuff =)). not sure what I'd get with those points but I hope there's at least something. Oh well..so much for that. Congratulations to those who got more than 100 points~ :3 I'll try harder next time I guess :/

@Cainne:

No S#&$ sherlock.

But we can be curious, can't we?

To the other guys rambling about paying in a open beta:

There was a time where the company/publisher took the financial risk until the product was finished and then it'd better be good or in the end you would not be selling enough copies to write black numbers. But today... you can earn a fortune with a concept and the basic construct working. Call it F2P Open Beta, Early Access, etc.

While I was quite satisfied how, for example, the beta of Path of Exile was handled (constant resets after more dramatic changes, no real ingame shop during beta, every purchase of ingame currency was clearly declared as supporter pack) I am a little bit disappointed of the more recent F2P betas that make good money with a not even nearly finished product and I see no point why the devs should hurry (not rush!) to get that darn thing to version 1.0. Those "Open Betas" stay in this state for ages. And I fear that by the time that Warframe finally reaches version 1.0, the people who played it from the start have left as beta testers that have paid money for their service.