Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Binding Warframe Account With Steam

Ganpot

I just launched the game after installing the latest hot-fix, and the game asked me if I would like to bind my Warframe account with my Steam account.  Since my Warframe account is already tied to Steam (and always has been), I'm going to assume this is a glitch.  It's not a big deal, but if it keeps popping up every time I log in, it might get annoying after awhile. 

EDIT: And now I'm encountering a multitude of other errors, which may or may not be related to the original one.  These errors include: Warframe animations breaking (Rhino's right elbow is twisted out of its socket at the start and log-in screen), massive-sized planets, disappearing UI elements (everything on the upper left corner), complete game freezing, mission select screen freezing (the UI freezes but the game does not), and getting the "disconnected from session" message without being in a session. 

EDIT #2: Interestingly enough, selecting to link the Steam account with Warframe did not help at first.  After restarting the game again, it told me there was a new hot-fix.  After launching yet again, everything seems to work, despite there not being an announced hot-fix on the forums.  Very strange, but whatever. 

Edited by Ganpot

Warframe is taking part in the Steam Winter Sale rewards.  As a part of these rewards, there are six cosmetic Warframe items you can collect by crafting snow globes.  You can find more information here about the promotion: http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/snowglobefaq

Since these rewards are tradable and marketable in the Steam Economy, there needs to be a link made between your Steam Account and your Warframe Account.  You may only have one Warframe Account linked to your Steam account for purposes of trading and marketing Steam Economy items.  By answering yes to this question, it allows you to access your Steam Inventory Warframe items in Warframe with the specific account you have linked.

Just because you play through steam doesnt mean its connected to steam. The pop up is there so you can connect to steam inventory system. Steam is having their winter sale and you can get some warframe skins and a new scarf.

Ah.  I assumed that because the account was already linked with Steam (and I already had Warframe trading cards), it wouldn't need an additional link.  I'll try accepting this time, and see if any of my other issues are resolved. 

• 1 month later...