Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Real Cicero Crisis... (Clan Scoring)

[DE]Steve

The Real Cicero Crisis... (Clan Scoring)

The real crisis for us has been how to score an event for clans while avoiding weeks-long grind for individuals, all while avoiding schemes that destroy our stats server.

We argued a lot today about simply cutting the clan part of this event when we realized it was going to burn people out. Throughout the morning we tried to hack 'average score of your participating members' like we did in the past.

Problem with Cicero versus the Survival event (where we did similar average-of-best scoring) is these Cicero scores are too coarse. For small clans we will see a lot of clans tied in the three medal categories. We accept that. For large clans, the competition is a bit more intense due to membership counts adding more variation. Good luck.

Personal score is unchanged: your top score from any run.

Clan score is simplified: average of all your participating membership's personal score. Hacky tie-breaking grind aspects are gone.

If you're a dedicated Warframer and you've been grinding this event for your Clan I'm very sorry to change this under your feet like this. I respect your time and I'm sorry we let you down while dithering on this.

I hope you are still digging the tease of Hek's madness, the beauty of the overgrown post-Orokin era Earth, and the thorny glory of Oberon! For me this marks a new height in my career: I finally made the Ninja-Botany game I've always dreamt of.

Happy Hunting/Holidays Tenno

PS: We're still busy here, cramming on getting the new hotness onto PS4... more sanity passes on the damage resistances... aka still channeling feedback from to this incredible community and trying to live up to their expectations.

Thanks for the info.

And thanks for reducing the grind on the clans, too, seeing you admitting that it might burn us out just shows how good you guys at DE interact with the community, which is no common thing for devs, not in a that intensive way.

We also know where the Tenno come from now: they were the gardeners of the Orokin.

Edited by Genoscythe

Steve, I'm sure I speak for the majority of us when I say that you guys and girls are doing an amazing job with this game. It's rare to have a developer be so open for feedback and transparent about their mistakes, and that's part of what makes me love Warframe so much. Your history with this game gives me every confidence that when something's amiss, it won't take long until you are aware of it, and not much longer for it to get fixed, improved, or smacked with the Galatine of Buffing.

Keep up the awesomeness! :)

I am indeed enjoying the little glimpses of Hek that we're getting. man, he is creepy now

I think this is a fine simplification to the clan scoring, definitely removes the massive grind that some players associate with events and leaderboards

also I want to mention the damage resistance changes since you did as well: I love the variation! I haven't been able to play too much since the update, and even then, its been mostly to explore the new tileset and catalogue some of those new plants (mostly pinecones). but giving the infested different attributes so they're not all just the same, I really like that. plus radiation is good against stuff again! such a cool elemental effect. so thanks for that, and best of luck with the PS4 update 11.5 stuff!

If you're a dedicated Warframer and you've been grinding this event for your Clan I'm very sorry to change this under your feet like this

My Clan mates and I ran for countless hours. We quit a 7hour survival to start grinding for the event and this is all for nothing?

I am rly dissapointed DE.

Edited by buriburi

My Clan mates and I ran for countless hours. We quit a 7hour survival to start grinding for the event and this is all for nothing?

I am rly dissapointed DE.

Same boat as buri here, we were #1 in Shadow clans, and spent all 16 hours from 12am EST(release) to about 6pm when the change was made. We had a 1.5k point lead on the clan below us and we were determined to work hard to secure our position and get a gold Trophy.

Now the Gold trophy is lost. People in single-person clans run a Vermilion key and get their "Whacky" named clan on the top. This is ridiculous.

I am a huge fan of Warframe, and I will hopefully continue to be, but this entire event really just disappointed me. From the issues on launch to the reset after I spent alot of time working hard for my clan, then to lose it all without notice. It hurts.

I appreciate the hard work you guys do at DE, and I had to have to get yelled at by Glen to realize complaining was disrespectful. Although I'm still very tired from being up so long, and annoyed. I still appreciate you guys. Just PLEASE, launch an event with things set in stone from now on, don't give us a objective then switch it mid-game. If you must, hold back on an update. You don't need to drop things on us unfinished, it just makes matters worse. If you can't maintain a good communication with your players, you will lose them. 

Like I say, Work Smarter, Not Harder. Thanks for the wonderful game DE, I hope in future events you can hold true to delivering them well.

I made a funny video portraying Grinders emotions after the change. 

No hate to DE intended, I hope both Players and Devs can laugh at this alike. Edited by Lynches

... Does this mean my one man clan is going to be equal first place with any number of ghost clans that also have all members at 100? Can you go past that if everyone in the squad has vermilion antitoxin?

Best event ever. Love the exploration part, made me feel like a (Predator-ish) ninja again. xD

I'd like the opportunity to not be stuck on the same floor as the grineer & corpus. And for them to possibly not look up when I'm using silent weapons.

Edited by Novocrane

OK all screwed up. my clan was in third earlier today and now were below 1000th....i noticed it says its our average personal score ads up to the clan score. but i noticed earlier today that my personal score had been stuck on 55 points even though i scored well about that. so when you instituted the change the average numbers were incorrect..... so.....thanks a bunch

super disappointing, rage quit

OK all screwed up. my clan was in third earlier today and now were below 1000th....i noticed it says its our average personal score ads up to the clan score. but i noticed earlier today that my personal score had been stuck on 55 points even though i scored well about that. so when you instituted the change the average numbers were incorrect..... so.....thanks a bunch

super disappointing, rage quit

I'm not saying you're wrong, but did you even read the first post?