Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Real Cicero Crisis... (Clan Scoring)

[DE]Steve

It's just a goddamn statue. Just focus on getting the individual rewards (i.e. the 100 point reward, those sweet &#! Dual Wraith Vipers) and be happy that you don't have to spend a week of your life doing this over and over.

You get the badge, the mod, and the gun.

This is way less grind. Isn't this what everyone wanted?

Just because you don't care about the clan competition, it doesn't put you in a position to tell other people what to want or to decide what other people want. The fact that you're arguing with people over this proves that this is not what everyone wanted. Your argument in itself makes no sense, as before this change, the badge, mods, and gun were available to everyone with the same amount of work, but the clans could still participate in a grinding competition. I'd rather lose to 30 nolifers in my tier than 1 guy who was smart enough to kick everyone out at the last second.

I think DE keeps digging their own grave with unannounced changes. They need to post a day before they do anything saying what they're going to do, so players who know the game well can point out the exploits and throw out the negative feedback ahead of time. Naive people always say "wait til it's in the game to see," but a majority of the time, it's exactly how we would expect it or worse, and the rage only dies down because anytime someone posts about it, someone says they're "beating a dead horse" even if that horse needs to be beaten to a pulp to get the point across and maybe actually make some changes.

I don't think an event where players need to buy mobile defense keys for platinum and grind for two weeks is fun, but I don't think having the competitive spirit of Warbros or EGT and knowing the key to winning is an obvious, well known exploit is fun either. Those groups who are die hard about winning should be able to win because they put in the most effort. That's all that's really left for them in this game.

I think if they want to do a no-grind competitive event, they should have a similar setup, they should maybe set it up as an endless mobile defense, where the enemies keep levelling and the percentage bar still increases, and the winning clan would be the one with a party that can go the longest. Skill based. Average and inactive players can't bring the group down. Maybe the make it even more dynamic, the players would need to scan plans which spawn quickly in the mobile defense area to keep the percentage bar going up, so someone would have to run around trying to find plants while the rest of the group defends, etc. But it's probably too late for that kind of thing.

Edited by VegetableBasket

This is an interesting change.  It's like you want people to NOT play your event.  As it was before, it was going to be an intense 18 day grindfest where everyone would go for their 100% then grind out minimum runs for their clan to achieve glory through sheer patience and determination (which yielded people playing the event you likely worked hard to design and implement, despite their feelings about it).  As it is now, people go for their 100%, unless they're in a clan, in which case they'll go for a 400 point run, and then never do the event ever again.  This makes some sense if the event is 3-4 days.  It makes no sense when the event is over 2 weeks.  I just don't understand why you would work to create an event, then implement a scoring system that actively works to prevent clans from participating in the event.

This is an interesting change.  It's like you want people to NOT play your event.  As it was before, it was going to be an intense 18 day grindfest where everyone would go for their 100% then grind out minimum runs for their clan to achieve glory through sheer patience and determination (which yielded people playing the event you likely worked hard to design and implement, despite their feelings about it).  As it is now, people go for their 100%, unless they're in a clan, in which case they'll go for a 400 point run, and then never do the event ever again.  This makes some sense if the event is 3-4 days.  It makes no sense when the event is over 2 weeks.  I just don't understand why you would work to create an event, then implement a scoring system that actively works to prevent clans from participating in the event.

One of the reasons why they changed it this way is to LESSEN the grind.

The extremely loud vocal minority has raged over and over about how "grindy" the events are, and DE heard them.

Besides, since the rarer plants are indeed rare, and people have been angrily screaming at DE to make their events longer to facilitate many different walks of life (example: "I HAVE A JOB I DON'T HAVE TIME!" or "I LIVE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY!" or "I WON'T BE HERE ALL WEEKEND BECAUSE OF (insert personal reason here that has nothing to do with the game at all)" or "I SOMEHOW HAVE SCHOOL 23 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK!"), they've made this event have a longer time limit than their older ones.

To the people wailing about the clan event changes, boo freakin' hoo. This change happened less than 24 hours of the update. Many, many, MANY of you are whining about how Lapis/Vermillion are hard to craft because the plants for them are rare. That leads me to believe that the vast majority of you that are crying about losing "hours" of grinding were accumulating very small amounts of antitoxin points per run anyway. Now that the scoring system is changed, all you need to do is farm vermillion once, gather a 4 man guild group that all have vermillion, and then bam - 400 points for your clan. And that's it! You've done your part.

Edit: Actually... would that mean 400 points per player? Wow, if that's true, then 1600 points for your clan.

Edited by SoulEchelon

DE Its an earnest request please dont change the scoring system cause the update is pretty long i.e. for 18 days... many of us have  to go out, as Christmas and New Year is coming... broke a lot of sweat to achieve the highest score possible till now... dont want to be disappointed after coming back from my tour.. and we really appreciate your honest confession for such sudden changes... THANK YOU

One of the reasons why they changed it this way is to LESSEN the grind.

The extremely loud vocal minority has raged over and over about how "grindy" the events are, and DE heard them.

Besides, since the rarer plants are indeed rare, and people have been angrily screaming at DE to make their events longer to facilitate many different walks of life (example: "I HAVE A JOB I DON'T HAVE TIME!" or "I LIVE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY!" or "I WON'T BE HERE ALL WEEKEND BECAUSE OF (insert personal reason here that has nothing to do with the game at all)" or "I SOMEHOW HAVE SCHOOL 23 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK!"), they've made this event have a longer time limit than their older ones.

To the people wailing about the clan event changes, boo freakin' hoo. This change happened less than 24 hours of the update. Many, many, MANY of you are whining about how Lapis/Vermillion are hard to craft because the plants for them are rare. That leads me to believe that the vast majority of you that are crying about losing "hours" of grinding were accumulating very small amounts of antitoxin points per run anyway. Now that the scoring system is changed, all you need to do is farm vermillion once, gather a 4 man guild group that all have vermillion, and then bam - 400 points for your clan. And that's it! You've done your part.

Edit: Actually... would that mean 400 points per player? Wow, if that's true, then 1600 points for your clan.

no just 400pts not 1600 and only 100pts

the squad reaches 400pts = 400pts for clan and for yourself

Same boat as buri here, we were #1 in Shadow clans, and spent all 16 hours from 12am EST(release) to about 6pm when the change was made. We had a 1.5k point lead on the clan below us and we were determined to work hard to secure our position and get a gold Trophy.

Now the Gold trophy is lost. People in single-person clans run a Vermilion key and get their "Whacky" named clan on the top. This is ridiculous.

I am a huge fan of Warframe, and I will hopefully continue to be, but this entire event really just disappointed me. From the issues on launch to the reset after I spent alot of time working hard for my clan, then to lose it all without notice. It hurts.

I appreciate the hard work you guys do at DE, and I had to have to get yelled at by Glen to realize complaining was disrespectful. Although I'm still very tired from being up so long, and annoyed. I still appreciate you guys. Just PLEASE, launch an event with things set in stone from now on, don't give us a objective then switch it mid-game. If you must, hold back on an update. You don't need to drop things on us unfinished, it just makes matters worse. If you can't maintain a good communication with your players, you will lose them. 

Like I say, Work Smarter, Not Harder. Thanks for the wonderful game DE, I hope in future events you can hold true to delivering them well.

Unfortunately, there are certain circumstances that are to be considered, like the people who stay home and grind in the event all day long. IN contrast, there are people who go to work/school and can't grind this event. It's really quite unfair if you ask me.