Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Real Cicero Crisis... (Clan Scoring)

[DE]Steve

Hi,
Im realy confused atm, we know all how count score for clans, but what about clan leaderboard?

What happen when few clans will get same score - 400 points atm?

What happen when suddenly some of clans will change tier to be The TOP ONE?

We reach top in storm clan tier - 400 points-  and was there alone at 23th Dec.

TOP_1.jpg

Today 25th Dec suddenly we show other clan what jump into 1st place.

oytfpsZ.jpg?1

Now my question is WHY? "C" is before "K" and if i know we reach 400 point 1st in our clan tier. If this clan change tier my question is "why it is possible durring event?"

Edited by Dreed

Hi,

Im realy confused atm, we know all how count score for clans, but what about clan leaderboard?

TOP_1.jpg

oytfpsZ.jpg?1

Now my question is WHY? "C" is before "K" and if i know we reach 400 point 1st in our clan tier. If this clan change tier my question is "why it is possible durring event?"

never heard of your clans and any other clans on that list, whatever if the clan has 400pts = gold price, every clan with 400pts = gold

never heard of your clans and any other clans on that list, whatever if the clan has 400pts = gold price, every clan with 400pts = gold

thanks Seira ;]

but Our clan - CKY, Camp Kill Yourself -  not 1st time is on 1st place in Storm clan tier :) cheeck archived events records.

Edited by Dreed

Hi,

TOP_1.jpg

oytfpsZ.jpg?1

my theory is which clan is founded first. 

2i7u993.jpg

i joined 2nd last ava joined last (to the clan)

just a theory though

I do not mean to be offensive to any grinders but one should keep in mind that Warframe is a video game - if somebody starts to behave like a working employee in this game, he/she has either way no life or has forgot what games are about.

Also, one must accept any change to Warframe since it is in beta stage at the moment and has lots of experimental features.

regards

+ TRSS

Any news on the current rankings? I mean the ones that did more than 400 by letting other people into their games, load their packs, exit or whatnot. I mean is that allowed? That would surely cause some people to feel bad - since you need several friends that are willing to help you with that.

Also the game itself usually disapproves of joining a mission where you are already doing the objective (or at least that was the original idea not too long ago) so should this really work at all?

I don't really have a problem with it personally (my clan is not that free/insane during the holidays to constantly do vermilion runs...) but it still feels weird to me considering the rules.

HOW is possible! 

Some clans CHANGE TIER to get first place!!

look for: WarSiths

yesterday (29.12.2013) this clan was in MOUNTAIN TIER (and fight with Cope (D/d)e Grace first place).

Mountain:

20131229_wb_mountain.jpg

Moon:

20131229_wb_moon.jpg

Today (30.12.2013) is in Moon Tier on 1st place (and any else clans from this tier don't have 400 pts)!! 

Mountain:

20131230_wb_mountain.jpg

Moon:

20131230_wb_moon.jpg

This is verry big problem, because small clans from lowest tiers can manipulate who is the winner of the event.

Example:

small clan only 4 players make event (400 pts) and build barrack's to change tier-s.

In higher tiers is less likely to do a full event (400).

Devs, what are you think about this ?

Next, problem!
In us clan (Camp Kill Yourself) we have 34 players all players (100%) make event (400).

We are on first place, next day on 2, next day on 5, next day ...... , today on 2 place. 

What is it? Where is logic?

(Dreed show some screens i now show more)

Dreed:

TOP_1.jpg

oytfpsZ.jpg?1

20131229.jpg

30.12.2013 10:00 AM (polish time)

20131230.jpg

30.12.2013 09:00 PM (polish time)

20131230_2.jpg

Edited by MacDante

My dear DEVS, tell me what is going on ?

first change of event : important word AVERAGE:

Secondly, Clan leaderboards: average of all your participating membership's personal score. are now determined by the average of all participating players' best scores, not additive totals.

we are doing everything to win this event (only 34 players and 100% activity):

look for average points of checked clans.

event_sux1.jpg

Second change of event : important word SUM:

Score = Sum of participating member’s highest scores.

You took our victory despite that we hard worked for it. You just wasted our time!

event_sux2.jpg

Edited by MacDante

HOW is possible! 

Some clans CHANGE TIER to get first place!!

look for: WarSiths

yesterday (29.12.2013) this clan was in MOUNTAIN TIER (and fight with Cope (D/d)e Grace first place).

Mountain:

20131229_wb_mountain.jpg

Moon:

Today (30.12.2013) is in Moon Tier on 1st place (and any else clans from this tier don't have 400 pts)!! 

Mountain:

20131230_wb_mountain.jpg

Moon:

20131230_wb_moon.jpg

This is verry big problem, because small clans from lowest tiers can manipulate who is the winner of the event.

(Thanks for the screenshots. I forgot to take some.)

First: I did nothing "illegal", I simply played by the given rules to win the event (rules changed so it s no more possible)

That was easy! :D I left my clan, bought 25 or 30 formas, created a new clan. build and rushed one room after another. then i upgraded and rushed the barracks except for the moon tier barracks (that was too expensive in my opinion.)

So after ~1200 plat and a few resources i was #1 Mountain Clan for 24 hours.

Then i was the #1 Moon clan for 2 days or something idk. And I think nobody can imagine how much hate i've earned in these few days.I got literally steamrolled by incoming s~*tstorm.Then I blocked a few users ingame, who called me e.g. "F*** you nazi", "S§$$head" or simply "A**hole" and so on.

As you can see i wanted to start recruiting too! http://www.upload-pictures.de/bild.php/45679,dogewarsithsZ4RQW.jpg

But that doesnt matter anymore, I gave the clan away to a friend as christmas present. ^_^ --(_)

Aaand that was my part of the story. Any questions? (No insulting please) The Scoring is better than before now.

I / We know how do it :) I ask DE how is possible make this during EVENT !!!

1. Why do you changed event rules before it's end?

2. don't you think that event terms should be described before event start, not in the middle?

3. why do you changed event rules twice in it's progress?

In basic rules we in first 2 days of event GRIND some about 13000 points !!! we was on first place!!!

And now we don't have any chance on victory !! ;/

Edited by MacDante

(Thanks for the screenshots. I forgot to take some.)

First: I did nothing "illegal", I simply played by the given rules to win the event (rules changed so it s no more possible)

That was easy! :D I left my clan, bought 25 or 30 formas, created a new clan. build and rushed one room after another. then i upgraded and rushed the barracks except for the moon tier barracks (that was too expensive in my opinion.)

So after ~1200 plat and a few resources i was #1 Mountain Clan for 24 hours.

Then i was the #1 Moon clan for 2 days or something idk. And I think nobody can imagine how much hate i've earned in these few days.I got literally steamrolled by incoming s~*tstorm.Then I blocked a few users ingame, who called me e.g. "F*** you nazi", "S§$$head" or simply "A**hole" and so on.

As you can see i wanted to start recruiting too! http://www.upload-pictures.de/bild.php/45679,dogewarsithsZ4RQW.jpg

But that doesnt matter anymore, I gave the clan away to a friend as christmas present. ^_^ --(_)

Aaand that was my part of the story. Any questions? (No insulting please) The Scoring is better than before now.

there is no problem with this if someone create clan durring event, but can chagne his tier many times in many ways... always to be the top one...

Now our clan can easy change tier from Storm to SHadow or Ghost only to be the 1st one in this tier... after event we will back to Storm and recruting more players.

DE do whatever they want.. dont know why they change rules during event.. if removing grind option because they care about they database ... hmm its very very weak argument and show us how pure servers they have for this.

My other problem is where is this all what STEVE say about clans, events, clan "wars", focusing game around clans etc... now players get better gear from market and in solo play, dont need to be in clan for good weapons or for warframes what get EVERYONE in few runs.. easy runs. clans is for nothing atm.. every single players can make clan, build some rooms and get whole gear without problem. No better gear, warframes etc in clans..even in Event solo players get better reward than whole clan... Dont know what DEVs try to make this game only for solo players or for small groups of friends.. max 4;/  Why wining clan dont get some gear for his labs, why dont get something what can brings more players to clans, where are this whole aliance system, where is taxing system, where is something like a "bank" in dojo to collecting mats from clan memebrs, where is .... ALL what can be added to make clans more important thinks in this game..

This is around Year what i play here... more than 6 moths where DEVs talks about clans, what they want to do etc.. and nothing. Game dont need more weapons what they add because 90% of this is useless in game, weak etc..need good strong content, focused around clan, clan reserch etc.. make clan members stronger than other solo players... why in whole - almost all mmo - players in clans are 'better', have boosts, better gear, etc etc.. here is nothing... all the best thinks u can get from market.  Ranks another number around profile what give nothing. Why they dont add bulding what can be upgraded to some max lvl what can:

- lower fusion cost

- get more point in fusion from cores

- get exp and cash boost ~10-15% max

- Making weapon and warframe Skins - not new way what can be painted but NEW LOOK

- even makes some modes like new aura - make some new mats "mod parts" what will mobs drop,

- ppl who leaving clans will lose all bonuses.. that make them more focused on clan play style,

- new warframes from dojo labs..new lab, new resource droped from mods and clans can make it .. schemats still the same... clan need to make helmets, chessis, systems and normal BP, all from mats what will drop mobs... more fun, thinks what can brings more ppl into clans...

- clans need more protection when something like this point will be added, clan leaders can change rule who can buy schemats etc, new rules who leaving clans.. it can be if someone buy mats and can leave clans... it cant be removed from his inv.. but can be new restriction - you need to be a clan who allready have this weapon, warframe in his lab to use it.

- reward system sux, there is nothing what players can get from longer def or survi,

- dificult sux.. players with full farmed warframes and weapons need to wait 50min in survi, 50 waves in def to see some dificult in game.. for what if they get better reward in 35min that they stay longer in mission,

- many many thinks need to be changed and need to be changed fast... games like Life 4 Dead 2 is more dificult and brings more fun from compleating mission than any mission in Warframe...

Current TAX from KISOKS is from nothing... for what clans get cash if noone will use it.. players cant take it from clans to build own gear or buy schemats from dojo.... mats what clan collect are freezed.

Edited by Dreed

You DEV's keep up the great work and communication . This goes a long ways in keeping WarFrame alive and well for a long time to come.

Have never seen this in any other game and I am proud to be a part of it . At 54 years old this is where I spend my time now that I retired so DE's thank you and never look back.

The Real Cicero Crisis... (Clan Scoring)

The real crisis for us has been how to score an event for clans while avoiding weeks-long grind for individuals, all while avoiding schemes that destroy our stats server.

We argued a lot today about simply cutting the clan part of this event when we realized it was going to burn people out. Throughout the morning we tried to hack 'average score of your participating members' like we did in the past.

Problem with Cicero versus the Survival event (where we did similar average-of-best scoring) is these Cicero scores are too coarse. For small clans we will see a lot of clans tied in the three medal categories. We accept that. For large clans, the competition is a bit more intense due to membership counts adding more variation. Good luck.

Personal score is unchanged: your top score from any run.

Clan score is simplified: average of all your participating membership's personal score. Hacky tie-breaking grind aspects are gone.

If you're a dedicated Warframer and you've been grinding this event for your Clan I'm very sorry to change this under your feet like this. I respect your time and I'm sorry we let you down while dithering on this.

I hope you are still digging the tease of Hek's madness, the beauty of the overgrown post-Orokin era Earth, and the thorny glory of Oberon! For me this marks a new height in my career: I finally made the Ninja-Botany game I've always dreamt of.

Happy Hunting/Holidays Tenno

PS: We're still busy here, cramming on getting the new hotness onto PS4... more sanity passes on the damage resistances... aka still channeling feedback from to this incredible community and trying to live up to their expectations.

Sorry but my main question: how did you make the horizontal line in the OP ? :D

Last time I've checked the usual BBcode for it did not work here.

[line]150[/line]

Hmm... [*hr] actually get's hidden (without *).

Edited by K_Shiro