Any Thoughts On This One Is Highly Appreciated (Weapon Suggestions)

Question

Hi! I'm using Ash and Loki now both potato'd, with the default slots, 8 for weapons I have these:

Rifles:

Burston (potato'd)

Gorgon (no potato)

Shotgun:

Hek (no potato)

Pistols:

Akbolto (no potato)

Bronco (no potato)

Melee's:

Dual Zoren (no potato)

Dark Dagger (no potato)

Plasma Sword (no potato)

That being said, I have a Gram waiting in the foundry and a Kraken, since update 7 is lurking around the corner (don't really know what the overhaul for the skill/stat system for these weapons would be like) and I have yet to purchase weapon slots nor warframe slots, what would be the safe weapon group for me? Should I stick with what I have or I should get gram and kraken, what weapons can I consider to take off my inventory?

Thanks in advance :P

11 answers to this question

hmm im kinda half-assed with using a potato with the zorens cause of I'm not sure what's up with update 7 weapon wise. As for taking off Plasma.. uhm.. just to free a slot? :P

Gram is a giant plasma sword with superior normal dmg and FAR SUPERIOR charge strike, why would you use small one? Gram is really worth potatoing (now, before update 7, cause noone knows if it will be) cause with enough Armor Piercing modes it easly dispatches any foe in few mighty swings XD (its also prone to scoring many headshots with vertical swings)

Zores right now have far too fast swing rate if maxed for human capabilities so I heard people use autoclicker to become a lawnmower.

Dont know about daggers - never was in such kind of weapons so have no idea if its good or not , but so far I have seen gadzilion of dudes using heavy melee or swords\duals, but no daggers.

Edited by derclaw

for using plasma sword, it really has a fast base rate of charge strikes, even without mods it is fast... well yeah for the "small" part, it really kinda gets beaten visually by gram >< I like Gram @_@ Potato-ing Gram as it is, I plan on putting fire rate mods cause I just like it >< But I'm asking its aesthetical worth.. so..

as far as Zorens go, my non potato'd ones just have 1 fire rate (45.5 % i think or 34.5% i forgot) and Critical damage + melee damage, I'm sticking to that amount of fire rate as you said, putting too much fire rate mods is beyond humand button smashing and requires other stuff.

For Dark Dagger, I'm keeping it for grinner oriented maps as it has innate armor piercing qualities such as the boltor and akbolto/bolto, and from watching le Q&A, there would be Dual Daggers >< I'm just thinking if U7 would incorporate dual daggers then lower the fire rate of Zorens (cause that would be .. let me say.. logical? in a sense that daggers are usually lighter than mini-axes/hatchets?) so yeah I'm keeping the silver potato for u7 and see the new weapons first.

Pretty much what Strat said.

Stick with Gorgon\Hek (I would suggest super-charging them with a potato) for primary weapon. (Gorgon better for bosses, Hek better for general play)

AKBolto for pistols (Also, suggested potato!) They by far outshine the kraken with their natural armor pierce and high ROF.

And Dual Zorens or Gram for Melee.

Personally, i use Dual Zorens and i love them.

Oh, and i would go for Loki over Ash.

He has much more utility at the moment.

I'd reccomend - Ash, Zorens(get them potato'd) and akbolto as your primary loadout - works great for me !

Get rid of that shotgun i, IMO they are just a bit lame :P

I'd get rid of DarkDagger too, if you dont really need it .

Pretty much what Strat said.

Stick with Gorgon\Hek (I would suggest super-charging them with a potato) for primary weapon. (Gorgon better for bosses, Hek better for general play)

AKBolto for pistols (Also, suggested potato!) They by far outshine the kraken with their natural armor pierce and high ROF.

And Dual Zorens or Gram for Melee.

Personally, i use Dual Zorens and i love them.

Oh, and i would go for Loki over Ash.

He has much more utility at the moment.

hmm got ash and loki both potato'd

can't see what's the utility part for Loki besides decoy.. I mean from what I've experienced (I played loki first) yeap, it does help in defense missions just for redirecting the whole mob into a general direction (which is good for certain skills or un-potato'd warframes ie Excal dash slash), with the switch teleport, yeah I got some hero moments with it like switching a toxic ancient near a downed ally for an emergency res, but most of the time, since I get to play with decent players, it's just a p3wp3w and melee moment for my loki >< and yeah the oh so loveable disarm...

so personally I love my ash... as far as "utility" goes..

Yeah, it actually took me a fair amount of time before deciding "Screw it im going to jump in the Zoren Train!".. and it didn't disappoint @_@

also from what I've read above... I'm now considering taking off Hek.. ill just level it to 30 then sell it... come to think of it.. my Burston's better than my current hek (well no multishots in the picture/considering my gameplay as well)

Thanks

Edited by GrayFox

Plasma sword is outclassed by both dual heat and gram IMO. As for the dagger, it's actually kind of fun to use (armor pierce is effective on grineer, jump attack fire damage is effective on infested), but if you have an extra dark dagger bp in you foundry then feel free to sell it.

hmm got ash and loki both potato'd can't see what's the utility part for Loki besides decoy.. I mean from what I've experienced (I played loki first) yeap, it does help in defense missions just for redirecting the whole mob into a general direction (which is good for certain skills or un-potato'd warframes ie Excal dash slash), with the switch teleport, yeah I got some hero moments with it like switching a toxic ancient near a downed ally for an emergency res, but most of the time, since I get to play with decent players, it's just a p3wp3w and melee moment for my loki >< and yeah the oh so loveable disarm... so personally I love my ash... as far as "utility" goes.. Yeah, it actually took me a fair amount of time before deciding "Screw it im going to jump in the Zoren Train!".. and it didn't disappoint @_@ also from what I've read above... I'm now considering taking off Hek.. ill just level it to 30 then sell it... come to think of it.. my Burston's better than my current hek (well no multishots in the picture/considering my gameplay as well) Thanks

As i said, my personal preference is Loki. More fun to play, more stuff you can do with him, longer invis (=more time with 100% crit chance)

But its all up to your own personal preference in the end! [:

Aww, why ditch the Hek? Its by far better than Burston, and one of the top weapons in the game.

Sure multishot helps it immensly (like anything else), but its also great without it. Stick some AP mods in it and you're golden.

As i said, my personal preference is Loki. More fun to play, more stuff you can do with him, longer invis (=more time with 100% crit chance)

But its all up to your own personal preference in the end! [:

Aww, why ditch the Hek? Its by far better than Burston, and one of the top weapons in the game.

Sure multishot helps it immensly (like anything else), but its also great without it. Stick some AP mods in it and you're golden.

*high fives* well for the hek thing, im still using it, ditched plasma for gram, ditched bronco for kraken...still keeping zoren and the dark dagger... yeah~

But I'll go ditch hek as soon as it hits 30.. im still in it for the burston, I won't tackle why anymore @_@ I might get hek-trained

I'd strongly consider getting the Kraken out and grinding up some levels with it. No one knows if Up7 will have serious balance changes, or what they might be exactly, but as of now the Kraken is the most powerful pistol in the game. If you need slots, ditch the dagger and maybe Plasma sword.