The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Put Self Back Into Z Popup

harly

You guys removed our own name from the 'z' player list. Come on, can we have this back? Or make it an option?  It's hard enough for those of us playing healing/shielding/support frames to keep an eye on other players, now we have to constantly dart from the bottom left to the top right of the screen.

Edit: adding in feedback from others.

* Currently impossible to see what % of our own health we have, without remembering the exact number for full, which the z bar fixes

* z popup and in game FPS counter interfere with each other

* would be good also to have bar display of energy, as again, number meaningless without knowledge of max

Please guys. A cursory bit of research on good frame layout for people who have responsibility of giving energy/health to the team is that overwhelmingly all bars are visible in the same area, including self. Completely happy if you want it minimal for those who don't care/can't help team energy/self. Just give us the option, thanks.

Edited by harly

pZTo8K0.png

All they'd have to do is move the window down a little bit. Oi. Or move Lotus up a little.

But yes, I need my own bar in that window, having to look up at the extreme upper right and extreme bottom left is not working for me, TBH. As it is, I wish my own health/shield had small little ( and ) around the crosshair so I knew my own status all the time.

Team status pop-up needs more things, not less. Frankly, if it contained amount of energy, I would never looked at the top right window again. I'm using team status even when doing solo mission (not anymore, I guess). Today I almost died several times in online play just because nobody was taking any high damage and I didn't see that red bar indicator telling me that I'm really low and should hit the Blessing. (It was level 10 mission, no big damage but it stacks over time. Also, downmodded Ogris...)

Edited by Andoryuu

Overlap Image

There are better solutions to the overlap situation then removing our much needed shield and health bars. Adding energy bar here would also be nice but only on ourselves. We don't need to see other people's energy status.

The removal of our own hp and shield bars hurts the game play more than the occasional overlap. I just don't understand why the team window can't just move down a little to solve the overlap problem instead of removing something everyone uses and relies on.

Please add our own hp bar back to the team list. People use this list to heal others and self when using Trinity. Now we are forced to look in two places to keep an eye on everyone's health.

Yeah seriously wtf. I actually use this to check the percentage of my health (red bar) since I don't know my total health, so I won't have to overspend healing consumables.

It is very frustrating to not see my own health as a bar in the team window.  Running as Trinity, I do not sit back behind cover and watch the team health window and hit no.4 when needed.  I run into the mix with link on blasting the enemy in the face with a shotgun.  I was running a t2 survival just before the Cisero Crisis patch and the team was forced to fall back to extract at 36 minutes. I ran through 50+ high level enemies to activate life support all while making sure my team and I was in good health.  We made 40 minutes.  Now, I can't just look bottom left and see my own health amongst my teammates' represented as a bar (percentage).  This makes Trinity very difficult to play as a combat medic.  Also, for those of us who have more than 3 warframes, It's difficult to remember what full health is on all of our warframes.  Please give us back a full team health window.  In most of our minds, there was no good reason to alter it.

I actually like the change a lot. In the heat of battle, I don't really know whose HP I'm looking at; with the new system, I just know that it's my teammates, not me, who are or aren't in need of some healing.

But yeah, it should come back as an option for sure.

There was a [DE]Dorian comment here, but now it's gone...

Really, community has ridiculously united opinion about this UI change. So far, i haven't seen even one person saying that current state of pop-up is better.

I removed my comment as it was mostly speaking about plans for the new HUD, as opposed to what is currently in-game, which is what this thread touches on.

But essentially, to sum up what I wrote; in the new HUD we'll definitely be looking to address the concerns that everyone has brought up about this.

Thanks, everyone -- Merry Xmas!

I enjoyed the change. I felt having my name and health/shield as any frame in the bottom left while it was already in the top right pointless. Not sure how you can't see it clearly in this game. I mean logically it was a good decision to remove it as it was only clutter. I stand by their decision entirely. I can otherwise understand how it helped other people but, at the same time was truely only clutter and annoyed me to no extent. Why would I need to see my health/shields in two different places? It would only cause me to think there was another person in the lobby, well when I first started playing and figured out that z brought up my teams health.