• Announcements

• [DE]Drew

[Please Read Before Posting Threads] What Is And Isn't General Discussion?   03/31/2016

Tenno, Recently a lot of forum users have been posting feedback, bug and question threads about the game here in General Discussion, only to complain when community moderators or forum staff move their thread to the appropriate section.   General Discussion is not for feedback about the game, for bug reports or for help questions, we have other forum sections specifically for these things.   There are a few criteria for determining what feedback is and what general discussion is, but the two main criteria are the following: Objective - The goal of the thread Target Audience - Who is being addressed with the thread   A feedback thread's objective is affecting the game; be it through negative feedback (change is desired) or positive feedback (change is not desired). And a feedback's Target Audience is the developers; your thread is directed towards DE, they are who you are making the thread for. If either two of these criteria are met then the thread is most likely feedback (and belongs in the appropriate feedback subforum).    A general discussion thread's objective is not to affect the game, it's to hold a discussion. And the Target Audience of a general discussion thread is other players and the community, not the developers. For example, a thread titled "Which frame do you like the most and why?" would be a discussion thread, because its objective is a discussion about what players enjoy, and it's audience is other players.   Ultimately, a lot of what determines whether a thread is a feedback thread is the opening post. Although feedback threads can have discussions in them between players, this does not make it general discussion. What it boils down to is the goal of the thread and who it's addressing. It's a thread for conveying opinions to the developers, and people are bound to agree and disagree (and therefore start a discussion on said thread).   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   If you post something in General Discussion and find that it's no longer there, chances are it's been moved (if it was merged, we will try to notify you via private message, but sometimes when we have to merge a large number of threads we may not be able to). Here's a helpful guide for you to figure out where it might have been moved to:   Players Helping Players is the forum for when you have a question about something in the game or need help with something game-related--such as mod builds for frames/weapons, build comparisons, how to craft certain things, where to find components/mods/enemies, strategies for bosses, etc. Guides, solutions, tips and tricks can all be placed here. With hundreds of thousands of players, there's bound to be one that has experienced the same issue as you and has figured out how to solve it! PC Beta Bugs, PS4 Beta Bugs and XB1 Beta Bugs are the places for threads reporting malfunctioning parts of the game, bugs, things that have broken, et cetera (you should really make a support ticket too!). Fan Zone is the place for fan fiction, fan-sponsored contests, screenshots to share your achievements and Warframe-related video streams/Youtube channels. Fan Concepts is the place for concepts for new systems, warframes, weapons, and gameplay mechanics. PC Trading Post, PS4 Trading Post and XB1 Trading Post are for all things trading on the respective platforms. Threads looking to sell, buy, and trade go here, as well as any price checking. If you post a thread critiquing changes or content in the game, it's likely been moved to one of the Feedback Subforums, the guide to which is below.   Because feedback threads are by far the biggest offender in General Discussion, I've put together this guide on where feedback goes, breaking up and explaining the feedback subforums (Feedback forums are where the devs go for feedback regarding the game! Not General Discussion!). The list is a bit lengthy, so it's been put in spoiler tags:     So, for example, if you make a thread in General Discussion saying something like "The lore really needs work, and this is how I think it should be done" then it's probably going to get moved to the General Feedback forum. If you're dissatisfied with a recent patch or update and want to give DE a piece of your mind, the Specific Feedback associated with your platform (i.e. PC Specific Feedback or PS4 Specific feedback) is probably where it will get moved to (it may also be moved to the other feedback forums depending on what the thread is specifically about).   Wording is also very important, and your choice of description is also. This is why many people mix up feedback with discussion. In discussion, you are talking about things that are current, not commenting on how cool or disappointing they are. For example, 'What do you think is the best frame? I like Valkyr because of her focus on melee.' is General Discussion, whereas 'Valkyr is a really good frame. Her melee animations are nice, and her abilities compliment eachother well.' is feedback.     tl;dr - We have specific subforums for feedback, bug reports, helping players, fan-made stuff and so on. General Discussion is not a "catch-all" forum, and for the sake of keeping things tidy and organized we'd really appreciate it if you didn't treat it as such!   If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, please feel free to post them here or to send me or the other moderators a private message!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mordavia1982

I Love Warframe But...

14 posts in this topic

I had plans to buy Prime Access as a Christmas Gift to myself, but with my favorite game mode almost being extinct I struggle to see the value in it and justify the cost... I honestly don't need the Platinum... it's the exclusives that tempted me... taking a short cut to get farm-able items would ruin the satisfaction of achievement (i did some in the past and I kind of regret it) and thus I got nothing to spend it on.

Yeah you guessed it, Infested Survival/Defense...

Yes I can go ODS/ODD, it's just doesn't feel the same.

And the Infested Invasion Survival/Defense missions are such a teaser...

Playing the mission is alright and even fun, but because of it's popularity it does not take long before the Invasion gets eradicated and the planet is back in Corpus/Grineer hands...

So why else should I spend $140 on this game? To support the it? I already supported the game by buying Founder's Access and the occasional Platinum Purchases when I get a discount purchase reward from logging in. (I only spend Platinum on things I cannot farm now, like slots, colors, skins that are not possible to get from alert)

I've stuck with the game through the changes, I haven't given up... yet... but I'm having trouble to justify the purchase of Prime Access... which is mostly for Misa Syandana to be honest. I'm a OCD Collector...

Is there any word? Will Infested get some planets back as Survival / Defense missions once this atrocious Invasion event is over? or are the Corpus and Grineer Domination here to stay...

What keeps you playing? Please share a few reason below...

I'm almost Rank 14, Got all weapons (except Glaive Prime and Event Only Limited Weapons, DAMN YOU BRAKK-that-can-5-shot-a-level-620-mob-even-after-nerf) & Infested Whip (think Clan Leader stopped playing), All Warframes except Ember Prime... so there's little left for me to achieve in this game.

I am almost afraid of completing the last remaining objectives in this game... as then I would truly not have much left to do.

(Yes, buying Prime Access would not exactly help... but It would give me Misa Syandana ^_^)

I swear its not me haha

Ive been saying the same thing...

Ive done my part time for others to speak

+1

I didn't buy this for an MMO, I bought it for an action game. I don't need anything to 'keep me playing' except new guns and new tilesets. The act of running around flipping off walls and headshotting Grineer is FUN and I love the repetition of the rank mechanic. I went grand master, prime access, and I'll be throwing money at them for a long time going forward as long as I can log on and do that.

Getting a little worried right now because the game is still feeling really one dimensional. Everything is me shooting at enemies. Block does nothing but mitigate a little damage, and the block key is currently the whole entire list of counter abilities, except popping something like Radial Blind at the last second to save you from a knockdown, but that's a crutch replacement for block which costs power.

I want to see block stop knockdowns and power drains (I'm pretty sure it used to), I want to see more abilities like Nyx's Absorb that have conditions based on what enemies are doing. I want to see large slow projectiles I can shoot down. I want to see bosses with big attacks I can counter by shooting them at the right time. More abilities like Nova's antimatter drop where I can interact with them... etc etc etc

Push is good. We need more pull.

My 2¢.

VKhaun: some good points... and I like your thoughts and ideas on the abilities... wish DE would see it in the same light as well..

Wish block did more... or having counter moves that require timing, although that would be bit harsh in laggy games.
Some people are shocked to discover this game actually has a block function, and yes it did used to stop power drains, it doesn't anymore? haven't tested.

Thanks for the feedback...

Here's some I would like to see:

Sentinel Weapon using:
Sniper Sentinel/Weapon
Secondary Weapons (Pistol, Kunai)
Melee Sentinel/Weapon

Universal Polarity Aura Mods simply called Aura Polarity.

Example, My Rhino (Forma x 5)
Config A) Rifle Amp, Heavy Damage Dealer
Config B) Energy Siphon, Huge Range, Low cost AOE Stomp for Support
Config C) Enemy Radar for Specialized Mission, Exterminate or Alerts

Giving the Druid... I mean Paladin a V Aura Polarity? Really? When almost all his abilities are energy based.
Same with Ember... (WTF were you thinking...)

Now I'm currently at Config A, but I would like to be able to do B or C without having to put in more forma... or reformaing...

or maybe that's what DE wants to sell more forma... but I got tons of forma blueprints from OD...

the devs are revamping melee for update 12 via their livestream last week. full melee runs seem liike they might become a thing again and melee probably wont suck as much...

ThatWhichWasTaken: thanks for the info, I haven't been following the livestream...

You should, if you really love Warframe.

Spend money if you want, i did with no regrets. And i will spend even more

Spent a few hundred dollars already (more than I invest normally in a game), so far without regret.. just having troubles justifying the cost for Prime Access now that my favorite game mode is gone.

I'm almost Rank 14, Got all weapons (except Glaive Prime and Event Only Limited Weapons, DAMN YOU BRAKK-that-can-5-shot-a-level-620-mob-even-after-nerf) & Infested Whip (think Clan Leader stopped playing), All Warframes except Ember Prime... so there's little left for me to achieve in this game.

Yeah right.

Get every gear to 30, first of all.

Get every mod, max every mod.

Forma all frames or their prime variants until you can use all mod slots with maxed mods.

Do the same for all weapons which you like a lot or are "good"

And sentinels and their weapons.

Fill out your codex.

I've personally got a few codex entries left which I'm too lazy to do, and I have every mod but I need to max them all, all equipment in the game is maxed except for the 11.5 stuff, some frames I still need to forma up, but my Rhino, Ash, Loki, Nova, Trinity, Nekros, and Vauban done. Working on Mag. I'll probably take a break once I max my gear but the persistent goal of maxing every mod remains... at the rate things are added, I don't know if I can ever really "finish."

100% of gear I have is 30 or higher (forma'ed)
Got all mods that are still possible  (no Primed Chamber), and most of them maxed... (a few of the really expensive ones left)
Is Primed Chamber trade-able? Might offer a few thousand plats for it if I do buy the Prime Access Pack. (no definite word of it coming again in the future)

Forma'ed most of the frames I find interesting to play.
Interesting Weapons? Done... 3-6 Forma.
Don't see a point of maxing forma on uninteresting weapons I don't use... No I won't 8 Forma a Lato.

Sentinel's lvl 30, Weapons? About 4 Forma each on Sweeper and Dethmachine Rifle
Codex? Don't care, doesn't give me a benefit... If I want to know where a mod drops, I can go check wikia.
Faster for me to search on wikia than actually using the codex.

My OCD hits it's limit on beneficial achieving completions.

And putting much work into maxing mods and weapons kind of takes the &!$$ with DE changing damage calculations all the time.
Thanks DE for the polarity order mess when it comes to combos... any news on reordering polarity without resetting level of the weapons?
No? Guess not...

This is not meant as a "Brag/Proof of no-life" post...

Started to play 28th of October 2013 (when I joined the forums)

Warframe states: Time Played: 459:38:27
Steam Reports: You've played 981 hours

Not sure how that works out... well, guess I did idle a lot in trade...

Just finished all planet missions (I have been lazy clearing all planets)

Hunter [13]

Mastery 485,203
Next Rank (Silver Hunter) in 4797

Wonder if it's not possible for me to hit rank 14 without the old no longer acquirable event restricted weapons -_-

edit: just noticed I missed maxing heat sword, kama, dual kama and ether reaper... crossing fingers they will bring me to rank 14.

No-one cares, but I can confirm that it's possible to reach Rank 14 without the impossible to get event weapons. Just hit Rank 14... now... what about Rank 15...