Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warning! Codex Scanner Permanently Lowers Player Accuracy Rating!

JujuHex

Its good to know but i don't really matter much, i mean im pretty sure no one really goes around and checking people stats.  Also having low or high accuracy don't really mrean that you'll shoot better.  Not only that but sometimes you just want to spray and pray to have fun like the supra.

Your analogy illustrates the problem with the way some people think about stats like these.  Removing a single stat is not the same as removing the game itself.  It's a single number in your profile.  And a meaningless one at that since it's so buggy. 

I'd rather have team mates killing stuff rather than worrying about a stupid number in their profile.  Failing a mission or having someone leave a mission because someone was worried about a meaningless number in a low skill PvE game translates into a wasting peoples' time.  That's a far greater sin than not caring about the value people see in a meaningless number in your profile.

Let me remind you, this is a competitive game, if what you said is true then we wouldn't need mastery rank, time played, gross income, solar map progress, completion rate, quit rate etc. All of them could just be gone. 

And I should repeat it for you, accuracy doesn't mean you kill less, you kill more. Failing a mission because you randomly shooting and miss the target or failing the mission because you aim exactly at the target and does not waste bullet? Or is it other factors? 

Also there are people who use ignis, flux rifle, synapse as well, they don't need to care about any of those because no one force them to. 

In all my time playing this game, I never see anyone look down on other people's accuracy rating. 

Let me remind you, this is a competitive game, if what you said is true then we wouldn't need mastery rank, time played, gross income, solar map progress, completion rate, quit rate etc. All of them could just be gone. 

And I should repeat it for you, accuracy doesn't mean you kill less, you kill more. Failing a mission because you randomly shooting and miss the target or failing the mission because you aim exactly at the target and does not waste bullet? Or is it other factors? 

Also there are people who use ignis, flux rifle, synapse as well, they don't need to care about any of those because no one force them to. 

In all my time playing this game, I never see anyone look down on other people's accuracy rating. 

No it's not.  It's a low skill PvE game that people try to make competitive by pointing at a number in their profile.  You never directly compete with anyone. 

Failing a mission because you're wasting time making sure every shot lands is the antithesis of coop play.  Coop games should always encourage people to care about how the team does and not about individual accomplishments.  If people are valuing a number in their profile over properly contributing to their squad's success, something is wrong.

No it's not.  It's a low skill PvE game that people try to make competitive by pointing at a number in their profile.  You never directly compete with anyone. 

Failing a mission because you're wasting time making sure every shot lands is the antithesis of coop play.  Coop games should always encourage people to care about how the team does and not about individual accomplishments.  If people are valuing a number in their profile over properly contributing to their squad's success, something is wrong.l

like I said, no one force people to do certain things. The stat are there so that you can see how you doing. 

Who said accuracy is the reason people failing the mission? There's no valid evidences nor anything to back up support for it. And if having accuracy mean failing the mission, I wonder what eating you, shouldn't it be the opposite. Individual as well as how the team does, why can it be both? 

If people valuing the number on their profile mean something is wrong with them, then? It's not like it concern you isn't it. 

like I said, no one force people to do certain things. The stat are there so that you can see how you doing. 

Who said accuracy is the reason people failing the mission? There's no valid evidences nor anything to back up support for it. And if having accuracy mean failing the mission, I wonder what eating you, shouldn't it be the opposite. Individual as well as how the team does, why can it be both? 

If people valuing the number on their profile mean something is wrong with them, then? It's not like it concern you isn't it. 

I've talked to people who have literally quit missions and decided to not take shots just because they don't want their accuracy stat to go down.  That kind of behavior can contribute directly towards the failure of a mission.  That does concern me since it means they're wasting my time because they care more about a number in their profile than they do about their team's gameplay experience.

I've talked to people who have literally quit missions and decided to not take shots just because they don't want their accuracy stat to go down.  That kind of behavior can contribute directly towards the failure of a mission.  That does concern me since it means they're wasting my time because they care more about a number in their profile than they do about their team's gameplay experience.

umm, someone quit mission just because they don't take shots? is this some kind of made up story. Because when someone quit, it also contributed to their profile stats, likewise accuracy stats. So they choose to increase their quit rate instead of lower their temporary accuracy stats? wow. 

I doubt anyone actually ever experience any of those kind of behaviors beside you. Also, instead of blaming on the players, you choose to blame it on accuracy stats. hmmm? 

umm, someone quit mission just because they don't take shots? is this some kind of made up story. Because when someone quit, it also contributed to their profile stats, likewise accuracy stats. So they choose to increase their quit rate instead of lower their temporary accuracy stats? wow. 

I doubt anyone actually ever experience any of those kind of behaviors beside you. Also, instead of blaming on the players, you choose to blame it on accuracy stats. hmmm? 

I could seriously care less whether or not you believe people do that.  If someone decides to behave like that because of a number in their profile, then it's obvious that the number is causing the behavior.  The number serves no purpose other than to provide people something with which to stroke their epeen over, which is not important in anyway for the meta of a coop game.

People don't care about quit rates.  With the myriad of hosting issues, crashes, and bugs this game has/has had most people have never really taken it seriously.  The fact that you are surprised by that makes it even harder to take you seriously.

Edited by Aggh

I could seriously care less whether or not you believe people do that.  If someone decides to behave like that because of a number in their profile, then it's obvious that the number is causing the behavior.  The number serves no purpose other than to provide people something with which to stroke their epeen over, which is not important in anyway for the meta of a coop game.

People don't care about quit rates.  With the myriad of hosting issues, crashes, and bugs this game has/has had most people have never really taken it seriously.  The fact that you are surprised by that makes it even harder to take you seriously.

you blaming the wrong things here. When someone bully someone, do you blame the bully or the person being bully. When the person being bully is just there to show you, they doesn't do anything wrong. 

umm, when you crash, the quit rate doesn't count on your profile stats, only mission fail at the end, or you click quit the game, that's when quit rate is count in your profile. I can't seem to take you seriously either, you seem to be blaming the wrong thing here. 

you blaming the wrong things here. When someone bully someone, do you blame the bully or the person being bully. When the person being bully is just there to show you, they doesn't do anything wrong. 

You really need to stop making analogies and comparisons that you don't fully understand.  Ironically enough, in a case of bullying, the underlying causes and environment that allow it to happen are just as much of an issue as the bullying itself.

This actually holds a stronger resemblance to the issue of people taking the accuracy stat too seriously and doesn't really suit your agument as you seem to think it does.

The underlying cause is the accuracy stat that people care too much about. The environment: epeen stroking game culture, the general grind and many short comings of the game in terms of gameplay content (the environment).

Combined together they have created a situation where some people actually care more about a number in their profile than properly contributing to their squad's coop experience.

umm, when you crash, the quit rate doesn't count on your profile stats, only mission fail at the end, or you click quit the game, that's when quit rate is count in your profile. I can't seem to take you seriously either, you seem to be blaming the wrong thing here. 

The point was that the game regularly requires you to quit regardless of whether you want to or not.  Way to miss the point entirely and focus on one incorrect statement. 

Additionally, throughout the game's history, the occurrence of a number of bugs and exploits have regularly (especially in the case of host exploits) shown that people don't really put much value in the quit stat.  The same can be said for farming for jadeleafs in the cicero event in the beginning room.  And for boss drops back when bosses dropped blueprints in game and you could keep them when you quit.

Edited by Aggh

You really need to stop making analogies and comparisons that you don't fully understand.  Ironically enough, in a case of bullying, the underlying causes and environment that allow it to happen are just as much of an issue as the bullying itself.

This actually holds a stronger resemblance to the issue of people taking the accuracy stat too seriously and doesn't really suit your agument as you seem to think it does.

The underlying cause is the accuracy stat that people care too much about. The environment: epeen stroking game culture, the general grind and many short comings of the game in terms of gameplay content (the environment).

Combined together they have created a situation where some people actually care more about a number in their profile than properly contributing to their squad's coop experience.

The point was that the game regularly requires you to quit regardless of whether you want to or not.  Way to miss the point entirely and focus on one incorrect statement. 

Additionally, throughout the game's history, the occurrence of a number of bugs and exploits have regularly (especially in the case of host exploits) shown that people don't really put much value in the quit stat.  The same can be said for farming for jadeleafs in the cicero event in the beginning room.  And for boss drops back when bosses dropped blueprints in game and you could keep them when you quit.

I'm saying that you blaming the wrong thing, so I will ask again, why blame the accuracy stat instead of the elitists players themselves?  When accuracy is there to show how you doing, and the other is just people who think themselves as superior? Isn't it your fault to be bother by those people. 

If you think people not contributing to their squad, it's individual, care about stat or not. Some people who do absolute worst damage in game, aim randomly, waste bullets, even with max out gear, what do you say about those people then? Is the fault really lies on accuracy stat? 

Some people don't really put much value in the quit stat doesn't mean no one put much value in quit stat. Likewise, some people don't put much value on accuracy stat while some do. What do you have to say about that? 

I only care about the current situation, whatever happen back then with drops boss and people quit had nothing to do with the current time. 

I'm saying that you blaming the wrong thing, so I will ask again, why blame the accuracy stat instead of the elitists players themselves?  When accuracy is there to show how you doing, and the other is just people who think themselves as superior? Isn't it your fault to be bother by those people. 

If you think people not contributing to their squad, it's individual, care about stat or not. Some people who do absolute worst damage in game, aim randomly, waste bullets, even with max out gear, what do you say about those people then? Is the fault really lies on accuracy stat? 

Some people don't really put much value in the quit stat doesn't mean no one put much value in quit stat. Likewise, some people don't put much value on accuracy stat while some do. What do you have to say about that? 

I only care about the current situation, whatever happen back then with drops boss and people quit had nothing to do with the current time. 

This game is easy enough that people with bad aim can easily be made up for by the rest of their squad and doesn't really have a negative impact unless it's really high level content, in which case you should have been playing with a proper organized squad anyways. 

Those individuals are also often not making a conscious decision to play like crap and do not have control over it unlike people that have decided to overvalue a number in their profile over properly contributing to their squad's gameplay experience. 

That's an important difference since you can't really change that some people will be bad at the game.  On the other hand, removing the accuracy stat completely removes the motivator for negative behavior and the only possible negative consequence is some hurt epeens.

Nothing bad comes out of people putting to little or too much value in the quit stat.  Most of the exploits and the like that people have abused are more efficiently done in solo or in groups that have decided to use that exploit. 

Bugs that require you to quit (such as falling/getting knocked out of map) have been quite common throughout the game's history  as well and quitting as a result of them has a much more positive than sitting in game and doing nothing. 

And all of those examples I gave earlier are perfectly relevant since they illustrate the fact that people have regularly put little value into the quit rate stat.  Whether they happened recently or not doesn't change that.

Edited by Aggh

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but the Scanner registers a "missed" shot ONLY if the scanning process is interrupted. If it's completed in one go (holding down the scan button without the target leaving the reticule) it registers as a "hit".

The Stug is OK from what I've tested, does not apply anything to its own stat or the player's stat. Same goes for the Ignis but I might be mistaken.

Sentinels are my main problem. I have 6 Forma on my Stinger and 2 on my Wyrm and the fact that I cannot use it for further dps is pissing me off immensly. Please devs, this is a pretty large topic, do something about this mess or take the stat out of the game altogether.

This game is easy enough that people with bad aim can easily be made up for by the rest of their squad and doesn't really have a negative impact unless it's really high level content, in which case you should have been playing with a proper organized squad anyways. 

Those individuals are also often not making a conscious decision to play like crap and do not have control over it unlike people that have decided to overvalue a number in their profile over properly contributing to their squad's gameplay experience. 

That's an important difference since you can't really change that some people will be bad at the game.  On the other hand, removing the accuracy stat completely removes the motivator for negative behavior and the only possible negative consequence is some hurt epeens.

Nothing bad comes out of people putting to little or too much value in the quit stat.  Most of the exploits and the like that people have abused are more efficiently done in solo or in groups that have decided to use that exploit. 

Bugs that require you to quit (such as falling/getting knocked out of map) have been quite common throughout the game's history  as well and quitting as a result of them has a much more positive than sitting in game and doing nothing. 

And all of those examples I gave earlier are perfectly relevant since they illustrate the fact that people have regularly put little value into the quit rate stat.  Whether they happened recently or not doesn't change that.

I'm baffle at the idea of someone blaming the stat that state facts instead of blaming on players who suck in game. 100% sure even if you take accuracy stat away, people would still fail mission as often as the one you describe in party. You talk to them? They told you they fail because they afraid of their accuracy stat? 

And you said "you should be playing with proper organize squad anyway" , you just eat your words right there/ If you been playing with proper organize squad and such situation where you said you fail because they only care about accuracy stat. hmmm. So it's your fault then. 

Again, you blaming accuracy stat instead of the people with ridiculous behaviors like you said

I'm baffle at the idea of someone blaming the stat that state facts instead of blaming on players who suck in game. 100% sure even if you take accuracy stat away, people would still fail mission as often as the one you describe in party. You talk to them? They told you they fail because they afraid of their accuracy stat? 

And you said "you should be playing with proper organize squad anyway" , you just eat your words right there/ If you been playing with proper organize squad and such situation where you said you fail because they only care about accuracy stat. hmmm. So it's your fault then. 

Again, you blaming accuracy stat instead of the people with ridiculous behaviors like you said

If it weren't incredibly obvious that English is not a primary language for you, I'd assume that you're trying to strawman every single argument of mine.  Please come back when your reading comprehension skills are good enough to allow you actually understand the posts that you're responding to.

Edited by Aggh

• 4 weeks later...