Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7 - "stormbringer"

[DE]Steve

Update 7: "Stormbringer"

Prepare yourselves, Tenno.

We have 'soft launched' open beta! To celebrate this we are bringing you this massive update! A ground-based environment. A radical redesign of the Mod system. Two new deadly Warframes. New weapons including a deadly silent bow. Our distribution servers are getting slammed. Its a storm alright!

NOTE: Respec required due to a massive overhaul of the Upgrade ("Mods") system! New Mods need to be found for your gear! Any old Mods are super valuable to level-up new Mods using the Fusion system!

Additions:

Global Chat - an overhauled communication system for region, clan and squad chat!

Stealth Attacks - sneaking up on unaware enemies now yields stealth attack options with melee weapons.

Sentinels - customize and program a Sentinel “pet” to accompany you on missions.

Saryn - a deadly and beautiful Warframe whose poisonous attacks can dissolve organic and synthetic material.

Banshee - a sonic Warframe capable of filling both Attack and Support roles.

Viper - a Grineer-manufactured, full-auto Light Pistol.

Paris - a Tenno Hunting Bow that launches arrows with a chargeable magnetic field.

Fang - a matching pair of razor-sharp daggers with accelerated attack speed.

Corpus Outpost - a new Corpus base of operation in a chilling outdoor environment!

Dojo challenges - test your skill as a Tenno warrior with new Dojo rank-up challenges!

Endless Defense - a new defense mission type. Survive longer for escalating rewards!

New moves - Ground Attacks, smart-actions for finishing off downed enemies (no more jumping)!

New colors - new palettes added to the store, as well as a bundle to get them all at reduced cost!

Changes:

Mods re-imagined - Please visit our forums to see details on how the new system works! Old Mods can feed the new system with the fusion system!

Weapon placement - a pass to reduce clipping and holster positions.

Weapon Balancing - almost every weapon has been tuned, see complete list in the FORUMS.

New male and female Tenno prisoner model added. "Naked Nick" has been returned to cryo-sleep.

Balance fixes for over-ranged Warframe powers. Additional upgrade tier added for the new Mod system.

Stealth improvements - AI reaction and alert states have been tuned to make stealth play more viable.

Fixes:

Fix for burst weapons firing an extra burst if player double clicks quickly.

Player/AI should no longer fall when teleporting on to stairs.

Fixed Warframes not receiving XP for using abilities.

Fixed an issue with Nyx Mind Control being flagged as "in use" if target dies.

Fixed pressing Alt in a menu pausing the game.

AI should no longer open locked passkey doors.

Fixed radial disarm not working against Grineer enemies.

Fix for crashes caused by unsupported resolutions.

Fixed an issue with boss names after a host migration.

Fixed an issue with ragdolls being "pinned" in mid air.

Removed lens flare from arsenal background.

Fixed Jackal shaking for Clients during intro cinematic.

Ice/Fire hazards will no longer appear in the first few levels.

Fixed an issue with aspect ratio not calculating correctly on a second monitor.

Localization:

154 German updates from Clemonde, philversprechend

162 Spanish updates from DeadlyShadow, SgtSpectre

277 French updates from Kreylan, ignisterra

147 Italian updates from kreel

442 Japanese updates from Gashin, HanbunDake, k1sEy, lunarian, WhiteNekophus

444 Polish updates from iffyJinx, SabreUr, Wac3, barrakketh, fithvael

333 Portuguese updates from Azdragoras, Goggles, ruivoml, Kysuke, AbnerFreitas

409 Russian updates from B1ind, Dyshes, FedorHooch, Grayscarr, Moloxix, NGRazeR

339 Ukrainian updates from BlooDONER, dantistnfs, snakusoid

273 Chinese updates from AlexLee, Krisstina, AminoaCow, Lukeasgard

94 Spanish updates from DeadlyShadow, SgtSpectre

649 Korean updates from Beowulf

A huge thanks to our localization team - you guys did an amazing amount of work!

MODS 2.0 details (doc makes it sound more complex that it is though): https://forums.warfr...20-in-update-7/

HOT FIXED:

Some hitches and crashing

Problem where the grenade explosion on jackal was playing multiple sounds at once (Lead approved)

Added FX event for the slowmotion Boss slice's top & bottom halves

Update beta label

Another guard against cascading "login failed" popups

Fixed hand positions to closer match idle, fixed shoulder issue, added motion to bow, added sublte body posture for each direction

Clear active session count when switching to solo mode

Auxillary attachment 'arrow' z offset set to .68 -arrow flights no longer in hand

Rifle weapon UI component not hiding after switching to Sentinel View without a sentinel (clicking would cause a script error and break the UI)

Default upgrade initial level is now 0 instead of 1

Fix chat breaking when scrolling user list

This is going to be a bump ride guys. Really appreciate your patience as we've got a bunch of things all coming in 'hot'.

I think this is an amazing update, I hope you like it!

havent tried it yet

but i like it already :D

tried it ... and it is utterly dissapointing

after playing for more than 150 hours ... i am now almost equal to any guy who starts playing the game now

except that i have 6 warframe

4 of them is lvl 30 which now is only an advantage in the number of abbilities

but all of this is a price we have to pay for this game to reach perfection

sorry for my previous whining ... but this update is gonna rock ... just fix the fusion prices cuz they are sooooooooo expensive

Edited by Hafeezo

TOO SOON!!! TOO SOON!!!! *drools anyways*

Edit: So, no Steam support for patch 7.0? I wana goad my friends into joining me by promising Steam goodness. Kids these days, don't even want to bother with beta sign up, unless it's all conveniently through Stream *roll eyes*. Back in MY day, we had to take 11 days using dial-up to download a 100mb game demo. Anywho.

Edit#2: R.I.P. Naked Nick. Will we see him return as a replacement for the Cryopod Volt in the future? :3

Edited by Gestalt

This is really weird at first...but I can see the potential. Now I just need more people online to join matches!

On a side note, why were the sell prices on old mods nerfed so hard? I would have thought you would give us a chance to sell off junk post update if we wanted to...

Changes:

Mods re-imagined - Please visit our forums to see details on how the new system works! Old Mods can feed the new system with the fusion system!

New male and female Tenno prisoner model added. "Naked Nick" has been returned to cryo-sleep.

Current mods sucked anyway.

How dare you take away Naked Nick!

And please, I hope their new models don't have pistols if they're not even going to use them.

This is going to be a bumpy ride guys. Really appreciate your patience as we've got a bunch of things all coming in 'hot'.

I think this is an amazing update, I hope you like it!

Can you please add links to where on the forums we can look for the details you mentioned in your main post?