The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Avalanche Freeze Timing

AnimeFreak999

When I use Frost Avalanche skill, it freeze enemy 1 second before damaging the enemy.

But sometimes, it freeze enemy 5 second before damaging it.

According to Warframe Wiki, duration mode dont affect it. 

So how do freeze 5 second before damaging enemy?

I really want to freeze enemy 5 sec before damaging it -- More cool and useful this way

I really hope it's not a bug or else I be very very sad :c

Could it have something to do with Damage 2.0?

In the Derelict, I was using Frost in Defense mission and it seemed to me that Infested gets frozen less longer than other factions. Maybe because of their resistance to cold damages? I don't know and I'm not sure about it.

I noticed a while ago that if I use the Overextended mod, the ability actually deals no damage at all, and therefore, doesn't shatter the ice when it ends.  This was a while ago, so I don't know if this has been fixed or not.  Do you have that mod equipped?

O_O 

I Do put overextended but it deal damage and shatter the ice.

There used to be a bug before open beta where if you used range extending mods it would increase the time it took to register the damage. Since back then you could stack multiple mods with the same stat it would get ridiculous with it taking close to 20 secs for any damage to register after casting avalanche.

Maybe the bug has returned. Try taking off you reach mods and try it out then. Heck maybe continuity is effecting the time they are frozen try removing those if taking off the reach mods dont work. Yeah not a permanent solution but at least its a small work around for now(thats if one of these is the bug).

Actually I done some experiment before. The only thing I can think of is Overextended ''-Duration''..

This increase freeze time but it dont happen all the time.. So I not sure if this the Trick to using this 5 second freezing 

Overextended is +range, -damage, not -duration.