Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Rifle Concept Drawing

VoidPunch

I really love the look and feel of the new Tenno primaries (i.e. Soma and Vectis), they have a more distinct look compared to older Tenno weapons like the Latron or Boltor in my opinion. Anyways, I was messing around trying to see if I could recreate the same feel and this was the result.

epp1rr.jpg

edit: REDESIGN!!! So after many more new Tenno weapons have been released, I decided to redesign the same concept to match the even newer Tenno weapon style of the Dex Furis, Dragon Nikana, and Sybaris (which this even newer style looks even cooler in my opinion) Anyways, let me know what you think! Which design do you like best?

28uu2ba.jpg

(I would've put this is fan concepts but its just a drawing, If anyone has any idea's for how this rifle would work however, feel free to post your ideas. And as always feedback is much appreciated.)
Edited by HandsOfnArtist

That actually looks quite fantastic. You definitely have some great talent.

As for feedback, the gun itself feels a smidge too 'tall' near the center, and the stock looks a bit short.

I don't want to tell you to radically redesign the weapon, but I think for your next concept art you should maybe design a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullpup'>bullpup rifle because there aren't any of them in Warframe yet.

That actually looks quite fantastic. You definitely have some great talent.

As for feedback, the gun itself feels a smidge too 'tall' near the center, and the stock looks a bit short.

I don't want to tell you to radically redesign the weapon, but I think for your next concept art you should maybe design a bullpup rifle because there aren't any of them in Warframe yet.

Thanks for the feedback! I don't design guns a lot so I try to use all the feedback I can. A bullpup does sound cool tho, I'll try one out next maybe.

The Tenno DMR. We need more of those. Fantastic job!

I'm a huge fan of the DMR from the Halo series, it's a shame semi-auto rifles in this game suffer badly right now. A DMR style rifle would be awesome.

GREAT design.

I like the idea of a bullpup, that is, put the magazine well inside the stock somehow and put the handle and trigger assembly further forward? Most recent 'Tenno' style firearm weapons seem to have a barrel and then a smaller cylinder nearby, usually underneath. The Tigris of course has two barrels. But the Vectis, Soma and all have a barrel and something smaller underneath. Even the Braton and Braton Prime seem to have a cylindrical mass under the main barrel.

Might this be a Boltor variant? The magazine looks a bit large for regular rounds.

Ooooo.... A Bullpup Boltor! I wanna see that! Maybe a burst fire Boltor?

Edited by Kalenath

You'd need to call it Vector, Victor, since it looks like Vectis' little brother.

Kinda does but there's already a SMG in real life that's called Vector.

The Tenno DMR. We need more of those. Fantastic job!

DMR usually stands for designated marksman rifle and the latron, like the community moderator said, it already fulfills the role of not being so far as sniper and not being so close as rifle.

I feel like the new Tenno weapons are "outclassing" the older ones in terms of design.

Like,Latron does not look Tenno-ish at all once you look at Soma,Vectis and Tigris.

I propose that they put this skin on Burston!

And then they would rework the Latron´s design!

Good idea?

I totally agree, older tenno weapons look very bland and lack luster compared to the newer ones.

I think they will eventually redo some weapon's appearances. Burston desperately needs a visual overhaul, something like this (probably not this design per say) on burston or latron would make the guns a lot more appealing in my opinion.

I feel like the new Tenno weapons are "outclassing" the older ones in terms of design.

Like,Latron does not look Tenno-ish at all once you look at Soma,Vectis and Tigris.

I propose that they put this skin on Burston!

And then they would rework the Latron´s design!

Good idea?

Yes good idea.

I really like the Latron design tbh, but skins would be great

As letter13 pointed out, bullpups have their receiver/action behind the grip and trigger. However im not sure if that's what you wanted. I suggest turning it into a bullpup. We already have the soma as a full sized rifle.

I could deffinetally see this being a close range gun that shredded anything too close. +1