Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Rifle Concept Drawing

VoidPunch

the Burston Prime is Bullpup the Magazine it inserted directly into the back of the stock . Also its my favorite gun because it looks the most like a Assault Rifle!

I don't remember the reload animations. But aesthetically (and from an engineering standpoint) it's very confusing, the blue circle seems to clearly be the action, and it's really nonsensical to have bullets loaded from behind the trigger to an action that's located in front of the trigger.

So I only reinforce that the Burston is a very confused weapon. I wouldn't call it a bullpup despite it looking like one.

3dfe92f0463e8004268bf3623a49d8f0.png

Top left X can't be action, that barrel-like component isn't aligned with the barrel which makes the pew. And again, bullets loading from the back to be carried to an action in front of the gun would keep it from being bullpup...

98c5b7bb987952e20be053d6af46a55a.png

Famous P90; red line up top indicates where the bullets are loaded in, blue circle = action and red lines down below are where cases are ejected (from the bottom). Design wise and mechanically this makes sense.

c1b0e16b4df2d98a69fd5e23814f261b.png

SAR 16; a much more basic bullpup design. 

So yeah I wouldn't call the burston a bullpup. It's all sorts of disconnected and confused.

I don't remember the reload animations. But aesthetically (and from an engineering standpoint) it's very confusing, the blue circle seems to clearly be the action, and it's really nonsensical to have bullets loaded from behind the trigger to an action that's located in front of the trigger.

So I only reinforce that the Burston is a very confused weapon. I wouldn't call it a bullpup despite it looking like one.

It's possible the blue section is just a large ejector, I know there are bullpup weapons which use unconventional ejectors (the F2000 comes to mind)

Top left X can't be action, that barrel-like component isn't aligned with the barrel which makes the pew. And again, bullets loading from the back to be carried to an action in front of the gun would keep it from being bullpup...

98c5b7bb987952e20be053d6af46a55a.png

Famous P90; red line up top indicates where the bullets are loaded in, blue circle = action and red lines down below are where cases are ejected (from the bottom). Design wise and mechanically this makes sense.

c1b0e16b4df2d98a69fd5e23814f261b.png

SAR 16; a much more basic bullpup design. 

So yeah I wouldn't call the burston a bullpup. It's all sorts of disconnected and confused.

I wasnt calling the Burston a bullpup realy, I agree its hard to make sense of, because it probably dosnt have any. I was talking about the Burston Prime 

heres a look at its reload

and this one as well

Edited by Senketsu_

It's possible the blue section is just a large ejector, I know there are bullpup weapons which use unconventional ejectors (the F2000 comes to mind)

hes right the FN2000 is bullpup yet ejects them close to the end of the barrel. And if it is like the FN2000 then that silver part on the stock of the Burston could be some kind of access in case of jams maybe.

Edited by Senketsu_

hes right the FN2000 is bullpup yet ejects them close to the end of the barrel. And if it is like the FN2000 then that silver part on the stock of the Burston could be some kind of access in case of jams maybe.

Although the F2000 ejects the spent casings towards the front, that's only because it has shielding that directs them that way; the actual action itself (blue) is still located behind the trigger, and the casings are just sent forward through a 'chute' (circled red)

e668cbbdc0edf368b469dd0d65d74b66.png

If the chute were removed, the casings would be ejected from more or less the blue area, where the action is located. But because there's a 'chute' the spent casings are sent forward instead of out. Also, the forward-ejecting system is actually worse for the weapon than typical sideways/outwards ejection. In fact you'd be lucky to fire off an entire magazine in full-auto without causing the weapon to jam (it jams a LOT). It also makes cleaning and servicing the weapon that much more of a pain.

Although the F2000 ejects the spent casings towards the front, that's only because it has shielding that directs them that way; the actual action itself (blue) is still located behind the trigger, and the casings are just sent forward through a 'chute' (circled red)

e668cbbdc0edf368b469dd0d65d74b66.png

If the chute were removed, the casings would be ejected from more or less the blue area, where the action is located. But because there's a 'chute' the spent casings are sent forward instead of out. Also, the forward-ejecting system is actually worse for the weapon than typical sideways/outwards ejection. In fact you'd be lucky to fire off an entire magazine in full-auto without causing the weapon to jam (it jams a LOT). It also makes cleaning and servicing the weapon that much more of a pain.

I assumed in the spacefuture they'd have some sort of fancy system that could eject casings out of the side and avoid the stacking in the chute thingy. 

Though, you're essentially correct. 

(I got some hands-on experience with a Kel-Tec RFB, it has a similar ejection mechanism. The first time I used it, the chute jammed, so yeah to that as well. XD)

The chute actually works; assuming you don't get something like mud blocking the exit. The idea is routing ejection forward allows for ambidextrous use without fiddling with ejectors (as in the FAMAS) or swapping out bolts and access panels (like the Steyr AUG).

In practice, it's just easier to stick with your strong side shoulder and just take your chances with exposing yourself more from behind cover if you have to shoot from your weakside.

Frankly, from my limited exposure to the FS2000, I wasn't impressed. The thing handles like a 4x4 piece of wood and is demonstrably inferior to the AUG in handling, reliability, and complexity. I've owned AUGs for about 25 years and have about 20k rounds through both the A1 and A3 variants.

As for the Burston, the regular version simply makes no sense from a design standpoint. What looks like an exposed bolt with extractor is located in front of the trigger group, which is not a bullpup by definition. On the other hand, it has no visible feed mechanism, so...who knows? The Burston Prime shows no external clues as to function and what appears to be a magazine is identifiable as such only by the reload animation of the warframe carrying it. That it's at the very back of the stock implies a bullpup action, but to call it strange is an understatement.

It's interesting to compare Warframe guns with actual counterparts, but the comparisons are for the most part superifical at best. The only one that really relates well to actual firearms is the Soma (which has a truly lovely design and animations, and the irony of it being based on one of the worst small arms ever fielded in combat is delicious irony).

Nice stuff, particularly like the second drawing.  Maybe!

Don't tease, Kary. It's not nice...

On Topic: I've always had an unhealthy bias towards heavy hitting, slow-firing assault rifles. My HAR in Blacklight, the AK in L4D, and I even tweaked a couple weapons in Fallout 3/NV to fill this role (Because Community Modders are terribad at balancing...)

This definitely feels like something I'd use, but I have to agree with Letter13's post on the first page, the Receiver looks too "Tall", in my opinion. Compare the bottom of the Mag-Well to the top of the receiver, aye? It feels off to me somehow. It's not enough to make me dislike the design, truthfully I do like it, but I would probably not use it as much as I'd like to.

All in all, you get a +1 from me. Which is weird, because I don't normally up-vote, but there is that one caveat.

11/10 Would plat buy. 

IF

This was a Tenno Braton-styled weapon. It looks like it ought to be. Depending on the firing sound, it looks awesome enough that I might actually be able to scrap that piece of Corpus technology. Eugh. (I'm sorry Braton, I love you, I just hate your parents.) And although we have like 4 different kinds of Braton, we don't actually have many well-balanced, fairly accurate hitscan assault rifles. That, and aside from the Braton Prime they're all low-mid tier. We could use a MR8 gun.

Please, DE. Just... just take this concept, and don't even alter it. Just make it. 

I really love the look and feel of the new Tenno primaries (i.e. Soma and Vectis), they have a more distinct look compared to older Tenno weapons like the Latron or Boltor in my opinion. Anyways, I was messing around trying to see if I could recreate the same feel and this was the result.

epp1rr.jpg

edit: REDESIGN!!! So after many more new Tenno weapons have been released, I decided to redesign the same concept to match the even newer Tenno weapon style of the Dex Furis, Dragon Nikana, and Sybaris (which this even newer style looks even cooler in my opinion) Anyways, let me know what you think! Which design do you like best?

28uu2ba.jpg

(I would've put this is fan concepts but its just a drawing, If anyone has any idea's for how this rifle would work however, feel free to post your ideas. And as always feedback is much appreciated.)

I love It! But just a quick question, did you draw any inspiration of this design from the game Vanquish?? It looks very similar to the B.L.A.D.E When In Rifle mode :P 

I love It! But just a quick question, did you draw any inspiration of this design from the game Vanquish?? It looks very similar to the B.L.A.D.E When In Rifle mode :P 

No he said he drew it from the newer Tenno weapons coming out like the Sybaris.