Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advanced Tips! (Please Share Your Tips)

(PSN)Fire_Crazed

PS4 Warframe Tips and Tricks

(NOTE: DUE TO 11.5 UPDATE SOME OF THE TIPS MIGHT BE OUTDATED, Feel free to let me know so i may put a "OLD as of 11.5 Update" sign in front of the tip and strike it out)

Current Categories: General, Controls / Gameplay, Leveling, Missions, Warframes, Weapons, Sentinels, Mods / Consumables/ Resources, Enemies / Factions, & Other

(Use (Ctrl+F) to find specific section faster)

(I’m creating Very Important Tips or VITS for short, Feel free to vote for one to become a VIT or for one to be removed, (VIT will be listed after the tip and can be easily found with CTRL+F))

If you feel a tip is now invalid/ out of date please let me know!

General

·         PS4 Alerts are at Twitter: https://twitter.com/WFAlertsPS4 & Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WFAlertsPS4 (Fire_Crazed)VIT

·         Wikipedia for Warframe: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki(Fire_Crazed)VIT

·         The wiki follows the pc, but can be used to stay ahead of the game on ps4. check it regularly. Ex: bolto and akbolto will be receiving an absurdly large buff to puncture damage. they will make grineer s*** themselves on sight in the near future.(Sage042000)

·          I would add read the Warframe Wiki especially in the area of Damage. I'm just getting deeper into understanding the damage formulars with various types, base, elemental, enemies, weapon types, specific and special mods. It can get a bit confusing even when looking at the multipliers and percentages.BuzzZaw82) VIT

·         Also consider specific load outs not only for enemy types but with the matching weapon. A Gorgon Rifle for example has very high Imapact but low Puncture so best used with Corpus. On the other hand a Boltor has very high Puncture but low Inpact thus suited for Grineer. Using the correct weapon, specific tuned mods and maxed mods one can deal serious damage on a specific enemy.(BuzzZaw82)

·         Unlock all the planets early, if you have friends, have them help.  This enables you to more easily join games and to gain alerts that you otherwise would not have access to.(AriaandKia) VIT

·         There is an option called "Show Players" in your options.   Turning it on can be very helpful (though it hides chat and mic icons).   This can tell you when people disconnect for whatever reason, the health and shield everyone is at (so you can drop health recoveries or try to save someone or w/e).(AriaandKia)

·         If you have a good team, you can save on health orbs and health recovery by purposefully going down in a CONTROLLED situation and getting revived.  Not only is this 50 free affinity for your teammates, it fully heals your health.(AriaandKia) VIT

·         Synergy is important.   4 Novas will not do as well as say 3 novas and a nuker class.  2 skilled novas and 2 nukers can actually be better than 3 or 4 novas.   1 Skilled nova, a strong and skilled nuker, a healer, and a tank can be even better if set up right.  This applies to weaponry as well.  Four Ogris won't do as well as one might think if not used well (3 hit nothing, 1 kills everything as a situation example).(AriaandKia)

·         Mics help GREATLY.  At least 2 people in the team should be communicating. More is better.  I mean COMMUNICATING.  Not complaining, not screaming, not playing music, not chit chatting.  COMMUNICATING.  Chit chat is fine, just don't be chit chatting at full volume when one of your teammates is trying to warn you all about a giant group of 50 toxic ancients about to attack you from behind.(AriaandKia) VIT

·         You have 3 sets of slots for each warframe and weapon.  You can use section A for say Grineer, B for Corpus and C for Infested for the weapons.(witch3rDC52)

·         Don't put an Orokin artifact into anything before you forma and re-level it at least once. This will give you a better idea of whats worth the Reactor/Catalyst. And will prevent a waste of these objects and platinum. (FraytaCentariHM)

·         Youtube Page with Guides: https://www.youtube....ksidmEwgy9LuS1A (Exiles-Rage)

·         When you don't have the datamass, don't run off away from the group.  Last thing we want is for the team to die and then we see you up ahead opening lockers and ignoring enemies.   Like 200+ meters away from the datamass ahead.  Now, if you have the datamass, go ahead and rush ahead all you want if you know you can make it.(AriaandKia)

·          Don't blindly unlock doors (lockdowns).  Lockdowns can actually be VERY useful depending on when they occur.(AriaandKia) VIT

·          http://vgbastard.blo...as-present.html

With Starting-Out Video Tuts about the menus, missions, the basic setup, advanced moves and a bit of early gameplay with Loki.(P4NCH0theD0G)

·         As soon as you get a forma blueprint start building it. I've had to postpone building acrid a day and same with other clan weapons because I have 3-4 forma blueprints just sitting in my foundry. Same goes for war frames you intend to build, it takes 3 days for those suckers to get done so you might as well have everything ready ASAP so you can continue playing the game you enjoy.(NeesesPieces)

Controls / Gameplay

·         When Running up a wall and your about to stop Hold “L1” for a quick second while still holding “X,” then let go, this will reset your run but you will still keep on climbing up the wall, this can be repeated to reach higher places. (Fire_Crazed) VIT

·         Wall jump everywhere. As long as you turn sprint off in the air, it doesn’t use stamina, and it rockets you across the room in a second. (Kalgerion_Beast)

·         Sliding through laser barriers still has yet to be fixed. (may be intentional) (Sage042000) VIT

·         the map can be enlarged diablo style by pressing the touchpad.(Sage042000)

·         Don't be afraid to die, but don't die for nothing.  You see an ally surrounded by enemies?  Most people will ignore them.  Some people such as me will automatically run right in to try to save them.  You need to be in-between.   Can you survive being hit by all those enemies?  No?  Clear them out first.  At the very least, when you jump into that midst, do a jump attack to buy a few seconds.(AriaandKia)

·         If you are down, keep fighting.  It can save the people that are trying to save you.  Also, make sure you are easy to reach and if possible, IN A PLACE THAT IS SAFE TO REVIVE.  YOU CAN CRAWL BACKWARDS AND TO SOME EXTENT TURN.(Ariaandkia)

·         If you are going to rescue someone that is down, but you don't have time to fully revive, you can do a PARTIAL revive.  This won't revive them, but it will buy time.  And that precious split second can mean all the difference.   When you partially revive someone, you give them an extra barrier which can be the difference between dying and living.  I've helped saved people by doing a partial revive then fighting the enemies full force while my allies rushed in to finish the revive (otherwise we would've all died (if I had focused on reviving) or the person being saved would have died (if I focused on fighting).).(AriaandKia)

·         More people reviving means faster revive.(AriaandKia)

·         sprint slide and slide jump used together can be the foundation for NUMEROUS attack combos or utility combos. You can link pretty much any other action with these. (The_Roman07)

·         Opt for using the touchpad for powers instead of the L1 button for ps4.(The_Roman07)

·         My biggest tip is don't walk in front of other players while we are all engaged in combat.  I play as frost and use snow globe almost exclusively, it is extremely frustrating to see people rush in front of myself and the other teammates when we are firing because without a punch through mod my rounds do not go through you. This can be dangerous since I use thunderbolt and have on multiple occasions almost blown myself up because of a teammate stepping in front of me. There are plenty of people to kill and plenty of room to do it from even in an unmodded snow globe so please stand next to teammates not in front of them. It can only make things easier. (NeesesPieces) VIT

·         In the Control Options, set "Hold X/Jump to Wallrun" to OFF.

What this means: You need to press X/Jump twice to wallrun when jumping towards a wall (once to jump, once when hitting the wall), and just press it once and not hold it when you're already at the wall.

What this also means: You can use your right thumb on the right stick to aim because you don`t need to hold jump.(P4nch0theD0G)

·         If you're in the chat and trying to invite players to your game, type /invite <username> instead of scrolling down the list of names.(JustaCreation) VIT

·         Also, at least once, type /help and look through all the commands.(AriaandKia)

·          When planning on doing missions with high level enemies (level 60+ enemies) consider specializing a frame to a certain ability and also tune weapons with the right elemental damage. For example, a Rhino can have a roar build, or an iron skin build. Nova can have molecular prime build, or anti-matter drop build. Mag can have shield polarize, or crush build. Etc. (Ur_Heartbeat)

·      When reviving another, hold down the revive button no matter what happens (unless you know you will go down).  Even being smacked 30 feet away by ancients will not stop you from reviving the downed player.(KalGerion_Beast) VIT

·         While hacking you can press the square button to make the puzzle go the opposite direction as it would if you pressed the x button.(GiantlnMaine) VIT

·         **A Glitch** Not many people seem to know about it yet, but there is a wall running glitch as well as a wall hugging glitch (When you run up a wall and then slowly slide down it "wall hugging). Basically, what you do is: Set Wall running so that you don't have to press and hold the X button. Walk towards a wall, Begin running up the wall whilst pushing (and holding) the Left analog Stick towards the direction of the wall and then tap X continuously.(RockapeUK)

·         To Mute a person you press Options then press Triangle and finally choose the player to mute with X.(Fire_Crazed) VIT

·         Lockdowns are your friend if you want to:

1.    Explore

2.    Kill a Boss

3.    Clear a Room

4.    Destroy Something

5.    Defend Something

Lockdown means you cannot get out, but no new enemies can get in.(P4NCH0theD0G)

Leveling

·          you get a portion of experience from all kills your teammates make. more teammates = more enemies = more experience. this applies to your frame and all weapons you have eauipped. when they use their primary/seco dary/melee weapon to kill, you get experience for those weapons respectively. you will almost always level faster in groups than solo. I've leveled my silly boomerang to 24 so far without using it a single time. this experience leech has a range limit. when you rush ahead, you're missing out on loads of frame/weapon experience from teammates.(Sage042000)

·          

Missions

·         When doing a defense mission, remember the % indicated in the box is the health of the object, not the shields.  Just because it’s at 100% does not mean you can run to the other side of the map. (Kalgerion_Beast) VIT

·         When a host disconnects from the game, it resets all experience, loot, etc.    This means that if the host leaves during a defense mission, it is best to follow.  Otherwise, not only do the enemies get about 5-10 seconds of free attacks, you lose all the loot (resources, mods, etc), ALL the experience (affinity), and any stats you might have wanted to keep (such as kills or accuracy).(AriaandKia)

·         (Defense) When you kill the last enemy on the 5th, 10th, etc. wave of defense, if someone is down, START REVIVING THEM IMMEDIATELY.  This can mean all the difference between life and death.(AriaandKia)

·         (Survival) Only rush if planned well or absolute emergency.   46 minutes?  12% air left?   RUSH EVEN IF NOT PLANNED.   But otherwise?  Make sure everyone is ready for the rush.  Plan it so you don't have someone left out.(AriaandKia)

·         Survival missions are the best for farming materials, gaining levels, and collecting mods. It is a common misconception that defense missions yield more          results, survival missions are actually a lot more efficient. (Ur_Heartbeat)

·         In survival missions, once you go past the 30 minute mark, life capsules are dropped less. It is a good idea to only activate the capsules when the time remaining is down to 30 (preferably 20) seconds from the start of the game. This will ensure 45mins + games.(Ur_Heartbeat)

·         Don't rage quit, seriously, it's annoying (EVERYONE, Ur_Heartbeat) VIT

·         Surivivals mission Guarantee a Tower Key on intervals of 15 and 35 minutes.(FraytaCentariHM)

·         For alert survival, only do 5 minutes.  Usually, there is no reward for going over 5 minutes in an alert survival.(AriaandKia)

·         Survival Mode Explained, with Full Survival Mission past the 20 minute Mark - featuring Loki being halfway useful (I say "halfway" because it's still me playing him)

http://vgbastard.blo...4-survival.html(P4NCHtheD0G)

·        When you forma warframes and weapons remember to keep at 

Least 1 high rank of each.(in case you need to do a tough mission like an alert.)
Otherwise you might fail to get the mod you've been waiting for (drystonewall)

·         At the very least, for rescue, survival, defense, or mobile defense, don't bring a character under level 4 that you don't know how to use.   Especially in an alert that isn't on one of the first two planets.  In fact, don't bring any warframe that is less than half the mission's level for those missions UNLESS you are very good with that warframe.  (If the mission is level 45-55 be at least 25)(AriaandKia)

·         If its a rescue mission and you play Loki / Ash as fast as you turn invisible its a very high risk for all enemies to turn to the rescue target and killing it.(MrTride)

·         If you release the prisoner, dont rush ahead of the team unless you plan to acctually survive and kill most of the enemies.(MrTride)

·         (Nightmare / Void Missions) Use Rhino, make sure you have correct elemental load out for the enemy type, and don't rush, sometimes there will be a time limit or you health will be counting down, just take it steady, you will never run out of time. (atpbx)

·         As for nightmare missions, I would really recommend joining a clan. Randoms often are people who just jump in willy nilly and I rarely complete any with them. Now inside my clan I get a very high success rate. Also know your role. If you aren't a tank don't charge in like one, if have mainly supportive abilities play a supportive role. Nothing more frustrating that seeing a loki go down 8 times in a nightmare mission because he is sprinting into mobs and not using any of his abilities.(NeesesPieces)

·         Knockdown Attacks are great for Capture Missions. You can knock the target down, swarm him until he gets up, knock him down again, etc.(P4NCH0theD0G)

Warframes

·         Each warframe has their own revives.  So if you have duplicate warframes, you can use up the revives on one then move onto the next.  Again, more slots for warframes pays off.(Ariaandkia)

·         There is no weak Warframe.  Each has their own strong points.  I've played almost every warframe.   When people say a warframe is weak, they aren't using it to the warframe's potential.   The key to any warframe is situational awareness, proper usage (don't use a volt against infested and expect it to do as well as an ember), proper PLACEMENT (a bounce trap in the middle of a giant room (area) is nowhere near as likely to trigger as a bounce trap in a tight chokepoint), proper TIMING, and good synergy is MORE IMPORTANT than raw strength (though raw strength is still good).(Ariaandkia)

·         Nova's prime is WORTHLESS by itself.  Don't toss a prime and expect everything to just die.  Instead, toss a prime, concentrate on EITHER the weakest OR the strongest enemy.(AriaandKia)

·         Specialize.  I see too many players bring all 4 skills and end up only using 1.   Instead, choose 2-3 skills,  That last slot or even those 3 extra slots can be used to make the skills you choose stronger or do some other effect.  Heck, sometimes I only bring 1 skill.  That skill gets so much buffing that it is insanely powerful.   Which is better?   50 meter range, 4k damage or 20 meter range and 2.5k damage but have a few extra skills (that you probably won't use)?  On the other hand, if you think you will use those skills, feel free to bring them.(AriaandKia)

·         IF A WARFRAME WITH SINGLE TARGET SKILLS SUCH AS TRINITY, NYX, and LOKI are IN THE PARTY, watch your aim.  You can (due to a glitch), disable their ability for the rest of the mission (or until they use a revive, and please, don't make them waste a revive because you got greedy).  For Trinity, it is very obvious since the enemy will glow/pulse blue. Do NOT hit the enemy before the first pulse.  For Loki, you will see the enemy do a sort of odd jump into the air. It is possible to also disable skills that hit an area, but it is much harder to do so.(AriaandKia) VIT

·         If you have a trinity in your party and an enemy is pulsing blue, it is giving you energy.  Trinities do best with a lot of energy and most classes can benefit with having a good deal of energy.(AriaandKia)

·         Loki can do INSANE amounts of damage to a single target-especially infested-if built right and equipped right.   A good sentinel to use with Loki is actually Deathcube (sentinels can use some of their abilities while invisible)(AriaandKia)

·         Ash is similar to Loki in the two regards except Ash's invisibility is weaker.(AriaandKia)

·         If you play as trinity your main job in life is to get your blessing up as long as possible, continuity, narrow minded, and aura helm are pretty much the best investments if you plan on playing trinity as your main frame.(Kainsec)

·         Have at least 1 Nekros on all survival missions. His desecrate will allow extra life support to drop(Kainsec)

·         -Nova for all her annoyance of being way too useful her m prime is almost mandatory for high level content due to their bullet sponginess. combine with Rhino's roar to amp up damage massively.(Kainsec)

·         The best way to learn your new warframe exosuit is to do their first 10 levels offline at a challenge level. (I usually take on appolodorus first, and work out how much harder/easier I need it to be. I ESPECIALLY recommend this for advanced frames like Loki, Nyx, and in the future Oberon.(FraytaCentariHM)

·         NOVA TIP: Antimater drop can absorb an infinite amount of damage, making it possible to not only one-shot non-gate phased bosses, but clear rooms of highest end enemies. The only limitation is your weapons and other abilities of teammates. (FraytaCentairHM)

·         LOKI TIP: Loki is a Melee frame, treating him like anything else is going to make you have a hard time. Stealth damage multipliers are your friend, so don't give him thrown weapons like Glaive, or Kestrel. (FraytaCentariHM)

·          A bit more info, and more gameplay with a new Frame: Volt

http://vgbastard.blo...e-gameplay.html (P4NCHtheD0G)

·         Loki's teleport can be Very useful in capture missions and rescue missions. Switching with the capture target can give you precious seconds to wittle down his health. Also if the AI you are rescuing keeps running the wrong way (into walls, enemies, laser doors) switch teleport is very handy to get him outta trouble.(The_Roman07)

·         Volts shield and Vaubans bastille also are very effective when slowing down capture targets.(The_Roman07)

·         Volts shiels is a BARRIER it can hold doors open, block laser gates, protect from turrets AND if there is a tough enemy that just can't be dealt with yet make a "shield box" around them and you got a mini bastille.(The_Roman07)

·         If you use invisibility with loki and then melee while invisible you do insane amounts of crits and normal DMG and its great for getting rid of crowds of enemy! :D(TheWkdBen)

·        To add to TheWkdBen's post, Ash's invisibility has the same effect.  The invisibility bonus is 100% bonus for charged attacks and 50% bonus for normal attacks.  This stacks with crits and other bonuses.   (While invisible, normal damage will be yellow and crit will be red).(AriaandKia)

·         Loki and Excaliber are the hardest starting classes to get (without help).  Mag is relatively easy to get.   I highly recommend getting Loki if you have friends that can help you get Loki up and running (Loki isn't easy to use, especially not early ranks, but as I mentioned in the previous statement, once set up, and used right, Loki is amazing.  I've seen skilled Loki players solo survival for 20+ minutes ALONE (with me dead and watching)).  Mag is relatively easy to use and can solo many missions if used well.  Excaliber is one of the few classes I can't say much about.  I've yet to see an especially strong excaliber and I have not played with one yet (need 20 more plat since I don't want to sell my warframes).(AriaandKia)

·         Loki stragety: going invisible, then switch teleporting with those annoying shield ospreys thats usually shielding the group of corpus surrounding them can be a solid tactic as long as you use the damage bonus from your invisible state to quickly take out the group while they are no longer shielded.

Nyx: Mind control any shield ospreys and they shield YOU! Mind control security cameras and they ignore your teammates. 

Excalibur: blade dashing right before you reach the top of a super jump can make quick work of large open maps. 

Volt: shooting through shield electrafies your bullets. Try casting shock through shield XD

Rhino: don't cast iron skin right away. If you don't have the energy to cast twice, wait until your shields are down your your taking health damage. your shields recharge while ironskin is up even if your getting hit. Effectively adding another layer of defense per ironskin.(The_Roman07) 

Weapons

·         the poison mod for secondaries is not currently obtainable by normal means. there's a chance that it can be gotten by transmuting, but I'm not sure. if you are farming a certain enemy or mission for it, stop.(Sage042000)

·         Some weapons require two slots to build due to requiring two weapons as materials.  Make sure you have enough slots if you plan to build dual weapons of that nature.(AriaandKia)

·         Glaive AND Kestrel bounce off fellow players when thrown so this can be a nuisance or used to your advantage. The glaive bounces 3 times before returning and the kestrel up to 2 max no matter the range. They both have a range but no matter the length it will return after those bounces are used. Strategically bouncing off your partner to hit enemies behind cover in spaces to wide to bounce off walls are kinda hard to do but possible. Also kestrel hits like a S#&$brickhouse and will knock over ancients running at you. Great way to keep the energy drain effect at bay. (The_Roman07)

·         -Galatine is unarguably the most powerful melee weapon but the glaive and kestrel can be very deadly if modded right.(Kainsec)

·         Glaive and Kestrel are best used in Saryn's hands. Her contagion ability amps up melee damage to impressive heights with focus and blind range on. With the right mods she can Devastate even high level enemies, without having to keep in close range with them.(Kainsec)

·         100% accuracy on a weapon can actually be a bad thing when dealing with large numbers of enemies a little kick combined with punch through will allow you to decimate waves of enemies without having to realign your attack.(Kainsec)

·         Soma is a strong all around weapon. Other weapons are better in different circumstances but soma when modded right can deal with any individual threat just not necessarily as efficiently as another weapon would.(Kainsec)

·         You can put 3 builds on your weapon. Use that to set up a build for each faction to save you time rather than switching mods you can just switch active build.(Kainsec)

·         Galatine is insanely strong against many units, but against certain units, Galatine is absurdly weak even fully modded unless you specialize it (even then, the alternatives can be better depending on the situation.).(AriaandKia)

·          I highly recommend Galatine for infested, Kestral or Glaive or Glaive Prime as an overall weapon (Kestral is good against shields, Glaive is slash like Galatine), and a poison/puncture weapon such as Mire or Fang or Fang Prime or a dagger.(AriaandKia)

·         Kestral and Glaive can rip through entire rooms if used just right.  Not as fast as some alternatives such as the Galatine, but much more safely.(AriaandKia)

·         Another good weapon is Orthos (sry if its wrong name) the double bladed staff. It has really good range for a melee and much much faster than the Bo staff. High critical strikes too!(The_Roman07)

·         If using certain melee weapons (Note: Cannot use kunai, hikou, or despair), sprinting, sliding then circle slashing can amazingly improve speed.  Great for frames like Frost.  Also amazing if you are holding onto a hobbled dragon key, as this method entirely bypasses the sprint reduction. (KalGerion_Beast)

·         When it comes to slowdown bypass (including frozen floors), you can try doing a jump chained into a slide chained into a slide melee attack.  This will actually further reduce the effects of the slowdown. 

In addition, using a nova or a volt can help reduce the effects of the speed drop of a hobble key (as can using a Valkyr).  Volt+max rush mod+speed ability or Loki plus maxed rank Rush mod can almost completely negate a hobble key's effects. (At the very least, you'll be moving near a normal warframe's speed).

When doing vaults, give the hobble key user the artifact.  This frees up one player and the hobble key user can't really get any slower since there is a chance of getting a different effect than you started (having two slow players is never fun).(AriaandKia)

·         Ignis is fun, it's the barbecue gun.(FraytaCentariHM)

·         Does your accuracy suck? Build a bow- it will help you learn to hit better. Headshots and all.(FraytaCentariHM)

·         its not a coincidence that you have three weapons and three (basic) damage types. If you don't like switching up loadouts for specific enemies, try equipping a weapon with each damage type. Exe Sniper rifle (puncture), Glaive(Slash) and Bronco (impact). Especially useful for tower missions where all the enemies are mixed together or just running through missions not having to worry about specifics and still hold your own. (The_Roman07)

·         Just to make people aware, The Orgis isn't as strong as you may think. Yeah, it's great against the low level enemies but once you transition to the lvl 50-70's enemies the Orgis is absolutely useless. You Won't make a dent on an ancient with the Orgis. 

Seeing too many people trying to use the Orgis in high level areas and end up being completely useless. No amount of mods will buff the Orgis enough to help it deal with higher levels(RockapeUK)

·         Orthos (or any Melee weapon with long reach and a Jump Attack Knockdown AoE) can be modded with Reach to increase the already big jump attack AoE another 60%, which can, if used repeatedly, knockdown-lock a wide area even with heavy enemies. Or, you know, kill a lot. If they're on the ground, they can't attack...(P4NCH0theD0G)

·          

Sentinels

·         your mag(Sentinel) is above your left shoulder. always be conscious of that when you take cover. try to position yourself to lean out to the right to shoot. this will mean your mag(Sentinel)  is always behind cover when you are. if you position youself to lean out to the left to return fire, your mag(Sentinel)  will be exposed, and possibly drawing aggro. if they can't shoot you, they will shoot it. (Sage042000) VIT

·         Sydannas and accessories for sentinels do NOTHING but look nice.  Only buy if you have the money to spare.  Again, slots are a better choice.(AriaandKia)

·         Your sentinel will not attack without an attack mod equipped (unique to the sentinel).   However, most sentinels have other effects as well.   It can be better to NOT have an attack mod equipped in order to lower aggro on the sentinel.(AriaandKia) VIT

·         Oddly, Shade seems to not be that great with Loki (the timer for shade's invisibility seems to include Loki's invisibility so you have to wait 5 seconds to go invisible via shade after Loki's invisibility wears off).(AriaandKia)

·         Shade Sentinel and Ghost Precept:

Seem to be buggy at the moment, so don't rely on it. You will randomly de-cloak in the middle of an enemy group, won't cloak at all standing right behind an enemy, and sometimes cloak only to reappear a second later. Apparently the Sentinel needs line of sight to activate the Cloak, but that doesn`t work reliably, either.

Yes, I know how it works, how precepts work with their hierarchy, and I don't attack while cloaking. It's just extremely inconsistent. Not to mention, not explained in the least how it works, how long it takes to recharge "cloak" what the range is, the duration and what ranking up Ghost does...(P4NCH0theD0G)

·          

Mods / Consumables/ Resources

·         Never spend plat on rushing a warframe, sentinel, or weapon (unless you are loaded with more money than you know what to do with).   Instead, that plat can go to putting reactors or catalysts in said item.(AriaandKia) VIT

·         Save your plat and only use it for trading, slots, and possibly colors (slots and colors being exclusive to platinum).  Trading is for if you really need a mod (like absolute need it for your main warframe).  You could consider using it to get difficult to obtain things or things that take a huge amount of time to gain such as vauban, but it is generally better to wait.(AriaandKia) VIT

·         If you have a HUGE amount of common cards, save them and fuse them together instead of using fusion cores.  It is more efficient (except possibly using uncommon/rare cores)(AriaandKia)

·         You can build items beforehand and keep them in the foundry.  This can be useful for long build items.  However, with warframe parts, unless you plan to build multiples of that warframe, it is best to not build until you have all the parts.  This is because it is too easy to accidentally build an extra part you don't need.(AriaandKia)

·         Get the corrupted mods Blind rage, Fleeting Expertise, Overextend, and Narrow minded from the derlicts as soon as possible these open up a lot of options for you.(Kainsec)

·         Forma is your friend never stop making them bc when you find a weapon you plan on using a lot you can easily spend 4 (sometimes more) of them just to make sure you can slot all your favorite mods.(Kainsec)

·         Serration, hornet strike, and point blank are the most useful mods for ranged weapons. They increase the base damage of the weapon which is the number used by elemental mods to determine their damage boost.(Kainsec)

·         there are only 2 auras worth having E siphon and Rifle Amp. Rifle amp with a party full of it will drastically increase the damage you do and a group full of e siphon can keep a fleeting expertise rhino with infinite energy and can help keep trinities blessings coming all the time.(Kainsec)

·         -Stop spending hundreds of platinum to get rage and quick thinking you can see from future patch notes it gets fixed, not worth spending real money to abuse it for the moment(Kainsec)

·         3. Sentinel mods such as Coolant Leak, Guardian, and Sanctuary take up precept slots, you can only trade them when you have at least two, and so can the person trading to you.(FraytaCentariHM)

·         Don't equip 'Flow' if you're going to be fighting against Infested. Last thing you need is being caught out by an Ancient Disruptor and having 400+ Energy taken away from you.  (Also when You are hit by an Ancient Disruptor and have had your energy stolen. Don't go picking up more energy whilst in that weird disoriented state. You will recieve no energy and also low that energy drop. In all, wasted energy) (RockapeUK)

·          

·          

Enemies / Factions

·         Take the right weapon for the right job.

In general, take high puncture weapons for grineer, high impact for corpus, and high slash for infested. (Kalgerion_Beast) VIT

·         Sargus Ruk can be 1-shotted by Mag's pull, and possibly other warframe powers. (It's happened in 4 player matches when I wasn't using mag, but I didn't pay attention to who my teammates were using.) It's not guaranteed to work, but it's common enough that I can reliably get it to happen every mission if I spam pull every 3-5 seconds. dunno what triggers it. when this happens, lotus will not update the mission for quite some time and you may get the impression it's bugged regardless of him dropping loot. to make her update sooner, leave the room and retrace your steps back the way you came from. she should update with the exit marker soon after you leave his room. (Sage042000)

·         Although running straight towards your opponent for that jumping melee slam knockback move, might seem cool and strategic. It honestly isn't. The amount of time's I've had a Rhino or Frost come running at me trying to attempt that is just... god damn i've lost count. Just don't do it. You'll get a face full of their main weapon which will absolutely nuke you.

If You're going to go for the knockback I suggest you do it when they can't see you :P.  

Equip a max "Sure Footed" or "Fortitude" (or both if you swing that way) mod so you can say "NO" When they attempt to knock you back. Then laugh for 3 seconds whilst they're stuck in animation for 5 minutes. (RockapeUK)

·          

Other

·         If you ACCIDENTALLY SELL SOMETHING (to the game, not to a player), BUILD SOMETHING, or w/e major mistake you made, CONTACT SUPPORT AS SOON AS YOU CAN.  If you are lucky, support can help you recover the materials/items/etc.(AriaandKia)

·         IF POSSIBLE, REVIVE.  One player can be the difference between victory and defeat.  Even if they aren't very useful otherwise.  I've seen parties fail because they didn't revive one person that could've helped at the point of defeat (such as the loki who could've ran all the way to the end of survival).(AriaandKia)

·         STEALTH IS DIFFICULT, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE.  CERTAIN CLASSES, WEAPONS, AND SENTINELS DO IT BETTER THAN OTHERS.   Shade in particular is very useful for stealth, but can be difficult to get used to.  Loki is the best for stealth and Ash is a close second.  Stealthed weapons (silenced either by nature or with a 100% silence/noise reduction mod) are also amazing.   The glaive or kestral is a good weapon for stealth if used well.  (Though Loki/Ash do not get the melee bonus).(AriaandKia)

·         Someone is stuck behind an invisible door or is glitched?   Loki and Nova can save you.  It is always good to keep one in the party in case of emergencies.(AriaandKia)

·         NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THAT SPLIT SECOND.(AriaandKia) VIT

·         Join a clan.  Clans help greatly.  Even just joining a temporary clan (do be a good person and let them know if you plan to just use them and leave) can be useful.(AriaandKia) VIT

·         Loki is an AMAZING class and can solo many missions with ease if set up and used well.  I have an unforma'ed Loki (is supercharged but I could do it without) that can solo I'd estimate about 60% of the missions in the game.U10 and about 50% U11.  This is excluding nightmare mode.(AriaandKia)

·         Help newbies they need love too(Kainsec) VIT

·         When you plan to go afk for a bit, unless it is an emergency, tell everyone in your party.   How?  Press the options button, select the social menu, press square, type afk.

If you have a mic (The ps4 came with one), even easier.  Turn it on and say, "Going afk"  or "Emergency, gotta go"(AriaandKia)

·          

·          

Edited by (PS4)Fire_Crazed

1) Wall jump.  Wall jump everywhere. 

As long as you turn sprint off in the air, it doesn't use stamina, and it rockets you across the room in a second. 

2) When doing a defense mission, remember the % indicated in the box is the health of the object, not the shields.  Just because its at 100% does not mean you can run to the other side of the map. 

3) Take the right weapon for the right job.

In general, take high puncture weapons for grineer, high impact for corpus, and high slash for infested. 

1. Sliding through laser barriers still has yet to be fixed. (may be intentional)

2. Sargus Ruk can be 1-shotted by Mag's pull, and possibly other warframe powers. (It's happened in 4 player matches when I wasn't using mag, but I didn't pay attention to who my teammates were using.) It's not guaranteed to work, but it's common enough that I can reliably get it to happen every mission if I spam pull every 3-5 seconds. dunno what triggers it. when this happens, lotus will not update the mission for quite some time and you may get the impression it's bugged regardless of him dropping loot. to make her update sooner, leave the room and retrace your steps back the way you came from. she should update with the exit marker soon after you leave his room.

3. the poison mod for secondaries is not currently obtainable by normal means. there's a chance that it can be gotten by transmuting, but I'm not sure. if you are farming a certain enemy or mission for it, stop.

4. the map can be enlarged diablo style by pressing the touchpad.

5. the wiki follows the pc, but can be used to stay ahead of the game on ps4. check it regularly. Ex: bolto and akbolto will be receiving an absurdly large buff to puncture damage. they will make grineer s*** themselves on sight in the near future.

6. you get a portion of experience from all kills your teammates make. more teammates = more enemies = more experience. this applies to your frame and all weapons you have eauipped. when they use their primary/seco dary/melee weapon to kill, you get experience for those weapons respectively. you will almost always level faster in groups than solo. I've leveled my silly boomerang to 24 so far without using it a single time. this experience leech has a range limit. when you rush ahead, you're missing out on loads of frame/weapon experience from teammates.

7. if you ever strike up a conversation with a player named sage04200 and he starts talking about his "mag", but not making any sense, it's because he isn't talking about his warframe. (regardless of the fact that Mag is most likely who he is playing as) He's actually referring to his sentinel, but he isn't conscious of calling it the wrong name because he spent too much time playing Phantasy Star Online in middle school when he should have been doing his homework.

8. your mag is above your left shoulder. always be conscious of that when you take cover. try to position yourself to lean out to the right to shoot. this will mean your mag is always behind cover when you are. if you position youself to lean out to the left to return fire, your mag will be exposed, and possibly drawing aggro. if they can't shoot you, they will shoot it.

8. your mag is above your left shoulder. always be conscious of that when you take cover. try to position yourself to lean out to the right to shoot. this will mean your mag is always behind cover when you are. if you position youself to lean out to the left to return fire, your mag will be exposed, and possibly drawing aggro. if they can't shoot you, they will shoot it.

I love how you call yourself on calling sentinels the wrong name then immediately continue to do so.

Never spend plat on rushing a warframe, sentinel, or weapon (unless you are loaded with more money than you know what to do with).   Instead, that plat can go to putting reactors or catalysts in said item.

Save your plat and only use it for trading, slots, and possibly colors (slots and colors being exclusive to platinum).  Trading is for if you really need a mod (like absolute need it for your main warframe).  You could consider using it to get difficult to obtain things or things that take a huge amount of time to gain such as vauban, but it is generally better to wait.

Unlock all the planets early, if you have friends, have them help.  This enables you to more easily join games and to gain alerts that you otherwise would not have access to (I'm going to regret this tip since this will lower my aura sales, but meh).

If you have a HUGE amount of common cards, save them and fuse them together instead of using fusion cores.  It is more efficient (except possibly using uncommon/rare cores).

Each warframe has their own revives.  So if you have duplicate warframes, you can use up the revives on one then move onto the next.  Again, more slots for warframes pays off.  (/me stares at 13 Trinities in inventory (Trinity is my main-ask anyone that has done a difficult match with my Trinity, I play her well and I pretty much never use my revives)).

Sydannas and accessories for sentinels do NOTHING but look nice.  Only buy if you have the money to spare.  Again, slots are a better choice.

Some weapons require two slots to build due to requiring two weapons as materials.  Make sure you have enough slots if you plan to build dual weapons of that nature.

You can build items beforehand and keep them in the foundry.  This can be useful for long build items.  However, with warframe parts, unless you plan to build multiples of that warframe, it is best to not build until you have all the parts.  This is because it is too easy to accidentally build an extra part you don't need (and having to contact support every 2 days about how you made a mistake isn't going to be fun).

If you ACCIDENTALLY SELL SOMETHING (to the game, not to a player), BUILD SOMETHING, or w/e major mistake you made, CONTACT SUPPORT AS SOON AS YOU CAN.  If you are lucky, support can help you recover the materials/items/etc.

When a host disconnects from the game, it resets all experience, loot, etc.    This means that if the host leaves during a defense mission, it is best to follow.  Otherwise, not only do the enemies get about 5-10 seconds of free attacks, you lose all the loot (resources, mods, etc), ALL the experience (affinity), and any stats you might have wanted to keep (such as kills or accuracy).

There is an option called "Show Players" in your options.   Turning it on can be very helpful (though it hides chat and mic icons).   This can tell you when people disconnect for whatever reason, the health and shield everyone is at (so you can drop health recoveries or try to save someone or w/e).

IF POSSIBLE, REVIVE.  One player can be the difference between victory and defeat.  Even if they aren't very useful otherwise.  I've seen parties fail because they didn't revive one person that could've helped at the point of defeat (such as the loki who could've ran all the way to the end of survival).

If you have a good team, you can save on health orbs and health recovery by purposefully going down in a CONTROLLED situation and getting revived.  Not only is this 50 free affinity for your teammates, it fully heals your health.

STEALTH IS DIFFICULT, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE.  CERTAIN CLASSES, WEAPONS, AND SENTINELS DO IT BETTER THAN OTHERS.   Shade in particular is very useful for stealth, but can be difficult to get used to.  Loki is the best for stealth and Ash is a close second.  Stealthed weapons (silenced either by nature or with a 100% silence/noise reduction mod) are also amazing.   The glaive or kestral is a good weapon for stealth if used well.  (Though Loki/Ash do not get the melee bonus).

There is no weak Warframe.  Each has their own strong points.  I've played almost every warframe.   When people say a warframe is weak, they aren't using it to the warframe's potential.   The key to any warframe is situational awareness, proper usage (don't use a volt against infested and expect it to do as well as an ember), proper PLACEMENT (a bounce trap in the middle of a giant room (area) is nowhere near as likely to trigger as a bounce trap in a tight chokepoint), proper TIMING, and good synergy is MORE IMPORTANT than raw strength (though raw strength is still good).

Synergy is important.   4 Novas will not do as well as say 3 novas and a nuker class.  2 skilled novas and 2 nukers can actually be better than 3 or 4 novas.   1 Skilled nova, a strong and skilled nuker, a healer, and a tank can be even better if set up right.  This applies to weaponry as well.  Four Ogris won't do as well as one might think if not used well (3 hit nothing, 1 kills everything as a situation example).

Mics help GREATLY.  At least 2 people in the team should be communicating. More is better.  I mean COMMUNICATING.  Not complaining, not screaming, not playing music, not chit chatting.  COMMUNICATING.  Chit chat is fine, just don't be chit chatting at full volume when one of your teammates is trying to warn you all about a giant group of 50 toxic ancients about to attack you from behind.

Only rush if planned well or absolute emergency.   46 minutes?  12% air left?   RUSH EVEN IF NOT PLANNED.   But otherwise?  Make sure everyone is ready for the rush.  Plan it so you don't have someone left out.

Someone is stuck behind an invisible door or is glitched?   Loki and Nova can save you.  It is always good to keep one in the party in case of emergencies.

Nova's prime is WORTHLESS by itself.  Don't toss a prime and expect everything to just die.  Instead, toss a prime, concentrate on EITHER the weakest OR the strongest enemy.

Specialize.  I see too many players bring all 4 skills and end up only using 1.   Instead, choose 2-3 skills,  That last slot or even those 3 extra slots can be used to make the skills you choose stronger or do some other effect.  Heck, sometimes I only bring 1 skill.  That skill gets so much buffing that it is insanely powerful.   Which is better?   50 meter range, 4k damage or 20 meter range and 2.5k damage but have a few extra skills (that you probably won't use)?  On the other hand, if you think you will use those skills, feel free to bring them.

Don't be afraid to die, but don't die for nothing.  You see an ally surrounded by enemies?  Most people will ignore them.  Some people such as me will automatically run right in to try to save them.  You need to be in-between.   Can you survive being hit by all those enemies?  No?  Clear them out first.  At the very least, when you jump into that midst, do a jump attack to buy a few seconds.

If you are down, keep fighting.  It can save the people that are trying to save you.  Also, make sure you are easy to reach and if possible, IN A PLACE THAT IS SAFE TO REVIVE.  YOU CAN CRAWL BACKWARDS AND TO SOME EXTENT TURN.

If you are going to rescue someone that is down, but you don't have time to fully revive, you can do a PARTIAL revive.  This won't revive them, but it will buy time.  And that precious split second can mean all the difference.   When you partially revive someone, you give them an extra barrier which can be the difference between dying and living.  I've helped saved people by doing a partial revive then fighting the enemies full force while my allies rushed in to finish the revive (otherwise we would've all died (if I had focused on reviving) or the person being saved would have died (if I focused on fighting).).

More people reviving means faster revive.

When you kill the last enemy on the 5th, 10th, etc. wave of defense, if someone is down, START REVIVING THEM IMMEDIATELY.  This can mean all the difference between life and death.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THAT SPLIT SECOND.

IF A WARFRAME WITH SINGLE TARGET SKILLS SUCH AS TRINITY, NYX, and LOKI are IN THE PARTY, watch your aim.  You can (due to a glitch), disable their ability for the rest of the mission (or until they use a revive, and please, don't make them waste a revive because you got greedy).  For Trinity, it is very obvious since the enemy will glow/pulse blue. Do NOT hit the enemy before the first pulse.  For Loki, you will see the enemy do a sort of odd jump into the air. It is possible to also disable skills that hit an area, but it is much harder to do so.

If you have a trinity in your party and an enemy is pulsing blue, it is giving you energy.  Trinities do best with a lot of energy and most classes can benefit with having a good deal of energy.

Your sentinel will not attack without an attack mod equipped (unique to the sentinel).   However, most sentinels have other effects as well.   It can be better to NOT have an attack mod equipped in order to lower aggro on the sentinel.

Loki can do INSANE amounts of damage to a single target-especially infested-if built right and equipped right.   A good sentinel to use with Loki is actually Deathcube (sentinels can use some of their abilities while invisible)

Oddly, Shade seems to not be that great with Loki (the timer for shade's invisibility seems to include Loki's invisibility so you have to wait 5 seconds to go invisible via shade after Loki's invisibility wears off).

Ash is similar to Loki in the two regards except Ash's invisibility is weaker.

Join a clan.  Clans help greatly.  Even just joining a temporary clan (do be a good person and let them know if you plan to just use them and leave) can be useful.

Loki is an AMAZING class and can solo many missions with ease if set up and used well.  I have an unforma'ed Loki (is supercharged but I could do it without) that can solo I'd estimate about 60% of the missions in the game.U10 and about 50% U11.  This is excluding nightmare mode.

Loki and Excaliber are the hardest starting classes to get (without help).  Mag is relatively easy to get.   I highly recommend getting Loki if you have friends that can help you get Loki up and running (Loki isn't easy to use, especially not early ranks, but as I mentioned in the previous statement, once set up, and used right, Loki is amazing.  I've seen skilled Loki players solo survival for 20+ minutes ALONE (with me dead and watching)).  Mag is relatively easy to use and can solo many missions if used well.  Excaliber is one of the few classes I can't say much about.  I've yet to see an especially strong excaliber and I have not played with one yet (need 20 more plat since I don't want to sell my warframes).   

Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia

It really is great stuff guys thanks for all the tips. 

My biggest tip is don't walk in front of other players while we are all engaged in combat.  I play as frost and use snow globe almost exclusively, it is extremely frustrating to see people rush in front of myself and the other teammates when we are firing because without a punch through mod my rounds do not go through you. This can be dangerous since I use thunderbolt and have on multiple occasions almost blown myself up because of a teammate stepping in front of me. There are plenty of people to kill and plenty of room to do it from even in an unmodded snow globe so please stand next to teammates not in front of them. It can only make things easier. 

/\ this /\ reminds me of another tip lol the Glaive AND Kestrel bounce off fellow players when thrown so this can be a nuisance or used to your advantage. The glaive bounces 3 times before returning and the kestrel up to 2 max no matter the range. They both have a range but no matter the length it will return after those bounces are used. Strategically bouncing off your partner to hit enemies behind cover in spaces to wide to bounce off walls are kinda hard to do but possible. Also kestrel hits like a S#&amp;&#036;brickhouse and will knock over ancients running at you. Great way to keep the energy drain effect at bay.

-Get the corrupted mods Blind rage, Fleeting Expertise, Overextend, and Narrow minded from the derlicts as soon as possible these open up a lot of options for you.

-If you play as trinity your main job in life is to get your blessing up as long as possible, continuity, narrow minded, and aura helm are pretty much the best investments if you plan on playing trinity as your main frame.

- Forma is your friend never stop making them bc when you find a weapon you plan on using a lot you can easily spend 4 (sometimes more) of them just to make sure you can slot all your favorite mods

-Serration, hornet strike, and point blank are the most useful mods for ranged weapons. They increase the base damage of the weapon which is the number used by elemental mods to determine their damage boost.

-Galatine is unarguably the most powerful melee weapon but the glaive and kestrel can be very deadly if modded right.

-Glaive and Kestrel are best used in Saryn's hands. Her contagion ability amps up melee damage to impressive heights with focus and blind range on. With the right mods she can Devastate even high level enemies, without having to keep in close range with them.

-100% accuracy on a weapon can actually be a bad thing when dealing with large numbers of enemies a little kick combined with punch through will allow you to decimate waves of enemies without having to realign your attack.

-Soma is a strong all around weapon. Other weapons are better in different circumstances but soma when modded right can deal with any individual threat just not necessarily as efficiently as another weapon would.

-You can put 3 builds on your weapon. Use that to set up a build for each faction to save you time rather than switching mods you can just switch active build.

-Buy warframe slots and weapon slots over everything with platinum. I highly recommend warframe slots that way you jump to the best frame for each situation.

-Find a clan. This makes life easier

-Help newbies they need love too

-fuse the same mod into itself or use fusion cores don't waste resources on fusing anything else unless you want a huge fusion bill for a stunning lack of efficency

-Have at least 1 Nekros on all survival missions. His desecrate will allow extra life support to drop

-Nova for all her annoyance of being way too useful her m prime is almost mandatory for high level content due to their bullet sponginess. combine with Rhino's roar to amp up damage massively.

-there are only 2 auras worth having E siphon and Rifle Amp. Rifle amp with a party full of it will drastically increase the damage you do and a group full of e siphon can keep a fleeting expertise rhino with infinite energy and can help keep trinities blessings coming all the time.

-Stop spending hundreds of platinum to get rage and quick thinking you can see from future patch notes it gets fixed, not worth spending real money to abuse it for the moment

I made a little PS4 starter guide here:

http://vgbastard.blogspot.de/2013/12/warframe-christmas-present.html

There's also a vid with advanced moves (so, yes, this is relevant here).

I`m not that far into the game, but the only thing I would recommend for people that like to wallrun and do the wall moves (PS4):

In the Control Options, set "Hold X/Jump to Wallrun" to OFF.

What this means: You need to press X/Jump twice to wallrun when jumping towards a wall (once to jump, once when hitting the wall), and just press it once and not hold it when you're already at the wall.

What this also means: You can use your right thumb on the right stick to aim because you don`t need to hold jump.

Galatine is insanely strong against many units, but against certain units, Galatine is absurdly weak even fully modded unless you specialize it (even then, the alternatives can be better depending on the situation.).

That being said, make sure you have at least three melee weapons.   I highly recommend Galatine for infested, Kestral or Glaive or Glaive Prime as an overall weapon (Kestral is good against shields, Glaive is slash like Galatine), and a poison/puncture weapon such as Mire or Fang or Fang Prime or a dagger.

Granted, as an alternative, you could put poison on Galatine or cold or even electricity, or a combo element.   Personally though, Kestral and Glaive are AMAZING if modded correctly and used well.  (Though they aren't easy to use well and take a while to mod right).

Kestral and Glaive can rip through entire rooms if used just right.  Not as fast as some alternatives such as the Galatine, but much more safely.

Also, at least once, type /help and look through all the commands.

As stated below, the Orthos (or Orthos Prime) is amazing.

Really though, get a weapon that feels right to you.  If it feels right in your hands, it will be more effective than if you use something strong but that you feel awkward using.

Another good weapon is Orthos (sry if its wrong name) the double bladed staff. It has really good range for a melee and much much faster than the Bo staff. High critical strikes too! Its all about personal preferance really. We could tell you what's the best but overall you can pickup any weapon and have fun with it. Many have unique animations that are awesome to watch your tenno kick A$$. (Imagines Rhino with Kokage punching corpus in the face lol)

Ahhh, forgot my most useful tip. 

If using certain melee weapons (Note: Cannot use kunai, hikou, or despair), sprinting, sliding then circle slashing can amazingly improve speed.  Great for frames like Frost.  Also amazing if you are holding onto a hobbled dragon key, as this method entirely bypasses the sprint reduction. 

Ahhh, forgot my most useful tip. 

If using certain melee weapons (Note: Cannot use kunai, hikou, or despair), sprinting, sliding then circle slashing can amazingly improve speed.  Great for frames like Frost.  Also amazing if you are holding onto a hobbled dragon key, as this method entirely bypasses the sprint reduction. 

When it comes to slowdown bypass (including frozen floors), you can try doing a jump chained into a slide chained into a slide melee attack.  This will actually further reduce the effects of the slowdown.

In addition, using a nova or a volt can help reduce the effects of the speed drop of a hobble key (as can using a Valkyr).  Volt+max rush mod+speed ability or Loki plus maxed rank Rush mod can almost completely negate a hobble key's effects. (At the very least, you'll be moving near a normal warframe's speed).

When doing vaults, give the hobble key user the artifact.  This frees up one player and the hobble key user can't really get any slower since there is a chance of getting a different effect than you started (having two slow players is never fun).

Spend all your platinum on slots. More slots means holding more weapons and frames. Everything else is obtained in game.

Except for color schemes.  They will cost 75 plats ($5) and as you can't buy blueprints for Orokin Reactors or Catalyst, save platinum for them also at 20 plats a piece.   All depends on the time you are willing to put into the game.  Time versus money.  From what I understand blueprints can be found somewhere.

3) Take the right weapon for the right job.

In general, take high puncture weapons for grineer, high impact for corpus, and high slash for infested. 

To add to this, you have 3 sets of slots for each warframe and weapon.  You can use section A for say Grineer, B for Corpus and C for Infested for the weapons.  For my warframe, I just got some mods yesterday that allow my Excalibur to keep up to the faster sprinters in the group so when I play a capture mission, I select slot B for faster sprint.  Exactly keeping up with the runners now and can capture.

Use R2 when in the mission screen to change your section sections to the type of missions you are playing. 

1) Survival missions are the best for farming materials, gaining levels, and collecting mods. It is a common misconception that defense missions yield more          results, survival missions are actually a lot more efficient. 

2) In survival missions, once you go past the 30 minute mark, life capsules are dropped less. It is a good idea to only activate the capsules when the time remaining is down to 30 (preferably 20) seconds from the start of the game. This will ensure 45mins + games. 

3) When planning on doing missions with high level enemies (level 60+ enemies) consider specializing a frame to a certain ability and also tune weapons with the right elemental damage. For example, a Rhino can have a roar build, or an iron skin build. Nova can have molecular prime build, or anti-matter drop build. Mag can have shield polarize, or crush build. Etc. 

4) Don't buy random mods for over a 100 platinum. I've seen noobs buy reach for 100 plat. (unless you're buying from me, I will gladly sell you a reach or quick mag for 99 platinum! :3 ) 

5) Don't rage quit, seriously, it's annoying 

6) When doing more difficult missions, or experiencing a new aspect of the game, try to be on voice chat. Even if you're too shy to talk, at least have chat on and mute your microphone so you can listen to your team's conversations. The PS4 was DESIGNED with communication in mind, hell it even came with a microphone. It might be extremely low quality, but it's there. The PS Eye also features 4 microphones in it. Voice chat is just price less when it comes to explaining certain mechanics or dealing with strategy. 

7) Can't think of any more off the top of my head right now, will update and add more later.

Cheers!

:)

1. The best way to learn your new warframe exosuit is to do their first 10 levels offline at a challenge level. (I usually take on appolodorus first, and work out how much harder/easier I need it to be. I ESPECIALLY recommend this for advanced frames like Loki, Nyx, and in the future Oberon.

2. Don't put an Orokin artifact into anything before you forma and re-level it at least once. This will give you a better idea of whats worth the Reactor/Catalyst. And will prevent a waste of these objects and platinum. 

3. Sentinel mods such as Coolant Leak, Guardian, and Sanctuary take up precept slots, you can only trade them when you have at least two, and so can the person trading to you.

4. Surivivals mission Guarantee a Tower Key on intervals of 15 and 35 minutes. 

5. NOVA TIP: Antimater drop can absorb an infinite amount of damage, making it possible to not only one-shot non-gate phased bosses, but clear rooms of highest end enemies. The only limitation is your weapons and other abilities of teammates. 

6. Ignis is fun, it's the barbecue gun.

7. LOKI TIP: Loki is a Melee frame, treating him like anything else is going to make you have a hard time. Stealth damage multipliers are your friend, so don't give him thrown weapons like Glaive, or Kestrel. 

8. Does your accuracy suck? Build a bow- it will help you learn to hit better. Headshots and all.

Ok, considering I've been seeing this as an issue lately, here is another tip:

When you don't have the datamass, don't run off away from the group.  Last thing we want is for the team to die and then we see you up ahead opening lockers and ignoring enemies.   Like 200+ meters away from the datamass ahead.  Now, if you have the datamass, go ahead and rush ahead all you want if you know you can make it.

===

For alert survival, only do 5 minutes.  Usually, there is no reward for going over 5 minutes in an alert survival.