January 3Rd: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

"The Detron in three parts on top of a spawn system that is not 100% understood sparked a lot of discussion. Most players have yet to discover how to spawn the Harvester, let alone obtain the Detron. In the past, we have given players an easier-way to obtain certain weapons."

I'd like the option to get both the detron and the grinner hand cannon with plat. As i dont have alot of time to put into warframe, but have the money to buy items.

Did you read the clear and organized guide on the forums?

Whilst my own immediate reaction was "Well, duh, it was on the forums/the wiki," there's something to be said for the point of view that this sort of information should really be available in-game before you have to go to either the forums or a third party website to find out how to do something. Warframe is, in general, pretty bad at telling people how to do things inside of its own engine. The Codex should tell you how to scan, not force you to go and look it up somewhere else. The game shouldn't hold your hand and spoon-feed you all the info easily, but it should give you the bare bones of how some things function without you having to leave the UI.

How about the issues of RNG in void? Some items are also "impossible" to acquire.

And the fact that void survival is 10 times more rewarding then any other void mission, with even an extra, if you don't like any of the rewards that have come out, you can crash the game, restart the game with the same key and hope for better RGN luck.

And finally, the issue that too much stuff is dependent on RNG, getting a void key is dependent on RNG, (either if it drops or even the kind of mission it is) and then that mission rewards is also dependent on RNG.

The harvester is just a new example on how bad, RNG overuse is in the game, because theres so much stuff that always drop on constant RNG instances.

It's madness.

PS: no one cares about prova vandal ? ...

Edited by 7grims

Whilst my own immediate reaction was "Well, duh, it was on the forums/the wiki," there's something to be said for the point of view that this sort of information should really be available in-game before you have to go to either the forums or a third party website to find out how to do something. Warframe is, in general, pretty bad at telling people how to do things inside of its own engine. The Codex should tell you how to scan, not force you to go and look it up somewhere else. The game shouldn't hold your hand and spoon-feed you all the info easily, but it should give you the bare bones of how some things function without you having to leave the UI.

There's a button in the top right for recent news that opens up the steam browser and takes you to it. 

There is really no excuse for not knowing unless you were in the hospital for the entirety of the event. 

RNG

Issues with RNG in relation to several game mechanics in Warframe have created a lot of valid discussion on what things should be reviewed. With the introduction of the Harvester came excitement followed by anger about releasing the Detron in a way that was not aligned with the recognition of frustration of reliance on RNG.  The Detron in three parts on top of a spawn system that is not 100% understood sparked a lot of discussion. Most players have yet to discover how to spawn the Harvester, let alone obtain the Detron. In the past, we have given players an easier-way to obtain certain weapons. Some weapons in the market are XP locked, indicating a tiering system. Further, with implementations like the Stalker and the Harvester the goal is to clearly indicate some of the rarest items in the game. Making items more difficult to obtain will make them more meaningful to acquire. 

Why, exactly, does making an item hard to obtain always have to mean RNG?  I haven't earned a single thing in this entire game except credits and rank, neither of which are useful without obtaining things via RNG.

It hardly counts as an achievement in my mind if someone got the rarest item in the game on their first run.  They got lucky.  It is conceivable that another player may never obtain it, no matter how hard they work.

RNG is a terrible system, and does not reward effort in the least.

Why not let us earn every weapon in the game?  Let us spend some kind of currency on the parts for every weapon, not just a few.  You can even require I finish a certain mission first, or even get through it a certain number of times.  I'll farm my butt off for resources and money.  But if I have to farm for a blueprint that requires I farm for other blueprints that requires I farm for resources and money, I've had enough.  The first time I purchased a warframe blueprint with credits and found out I then had to farm the blueprints to make the blueprint, I almost quit right there.

Someone who spent five minutes or 6 months to obtain a super rare item means nothing to me.  They didn't earn it, RNG worked for/against them.

Someone who played through an entire system 30 times to obtain enough to purchase the blueprint, and then farmed the resources they'd need to build it, now that's pretty impressive.  In addition, it's a real goal, instead of "keep killing this one guy until he drops what I need, however long that takes."  That's a stupid goal.  You are literally setting a goal to win the lottery.

In case you can't tell, I don't like RNG. :P  I would love to see If we can move game industries away from RNG and towards actually rewarding effort.

An example of what I'm talking about:  Guild Wars 2 Dungeon Armor sets.  You run the dungeon, you get tokens, you spend tokens on the armor set for that dungeon.  You can set goals and actually work towards them.  I see a player in dungeon armor, I gotta respect that.

@t3hsquirr3l You're spot on here. RNG is a bad system overall. It rewards blind luck and leeching off people. I've almost given up on getting mag or frost prime after learning of people who leeched the rarest part or even played legitimately and just got all parts in a row.

Now, if there were actual requirement of skill, like for helmet solo clear mission x without being detected, for systems make it through nightmare mode of mission x without dying and personally reach extraction, for chassis stealth scan enemy types x,y,z etc. that would be another thing entirely. It would also speak volumes of player. You look at one and think - wow, this one can actually solo mission x, what kind of crazy gear he/she used? Right now I see player who use mag or frost primes and think "you lucky bastard".

@t3hsquirr3l You're spot on here. RNG is a bad system overall. It rewards blind luck and leeching off people. I've almost given up on getting mag or frost prime after learning of people who leeched the rarest part or even played legitimately and just got all parts in a row.

Now, if there were actual requirement of skill, like for helmet solo clear mission x without being detected, for systems make it through nightmare mode of mission x without dying and personally reach extraction, for chassis stealth scan enemy types x,y,z etc. that would be another thing entirely. It would also speak volumes of player. You look at one and think - wow, this one can actually solo mission x, what kind of crazy gear he/she used? Right now I see player who use mag or frost primes and think "you lucky bastard".

Thumbs up!

Lets see if DE give any feedback on tomorrow's livestream.

With all the noise I've been making about this, I think they will. 

Unfortunately, I'll be busy with classes during the Livestream, so I'll just have to watch it on Youtube later in the day. 

Edited by Plasmaface

With all the noise I've been making about this, I think they will. 

Unfortunately, I'll be busy with classes during the Livestream, so I'll just have to watch it on Youtube later in they day. 

They rarely answer genuine good questions from the livestream question thread, though. They just drink their alcohol and ramble on.

One would think they didn't care.. oh right. They don't.

Why, exactly, does making an item hard to obtain always have to mean RNG?  I haven't earned a single thing in this entire game except credits and rank, neither of which are useful without obtaining things via RNG.

It hardly counts as an achievement in my mind if someone got the rarest item in the game on their first run.  They got lucky.  It is conceivable that another player may never obtain it, no matter how hard they work.

RNG is a terrible system, and does not reward effort in the least.

Why not let us earn every weapon in the game?  Let us spend some kind of currency on the parts for every weapon, not just a few.  You can even require I finish a certain mission first, or even get through it a certain number of times.  I'll farm my butt off for resources and money.  But if I have to farm for a blueprint that requires I farm for other blueprints that requires I farm for resources and money, I've had enough.  The first time I purchased a warframe blueprint with credits and found out I then had to farm the blueprints to make the blueprint, I almost quit right there.

Someone who spent five minutes or 6 months to obtain a super rare item means nothing to me.  They didn't earn it, RNG worked for/against them.

Someone who played through an entire system 30 times to obtain enough to purchase the blueprint, and then farmed the resources they'd need to build it, now that's pretty impressive.  In addition, it's a real goal, instead of "keep killing this one guy until he drops what I need, however long that takes."  That's a stupid goal.  You are literally setting a goal to win the lottery.

In case you can't tell, I don't like RNG. :P  I would love to see If we can move game industries away from RNG and towards actually rewarding effort.

An example of what I'm talking about:  Guild Wars 2 Dungeon Armor sets.  You run the dungeon, you get tokens, you spend tokens on the armor set for that dungeon.  You can set goals and actually work towards them.  I see a player in dungeon armor, I gotta respect that.

So if you farm parts that randomly drop it's not an achievement but farming resources that randomly drop is? Er... let's call Glaive prime blade blueprint GalliumV2 blueprint and there you have it.

For me it's kinda easy to see that eventually they are the same - they require no skill themselves, but time. Actually the RNG is better in that matter since you have to do higher level maps* to have a chance to gain those bps while if there were only resources (credits etc.) involved, you could go on lowlevel maps, thus making people grind day and night... I don't see how is that "earning" it than the current RNG.

Yes, those pretending to be badas*es because they've got something fast are nothing but an eyesore - ignore them. There are all kinds of people in the world, high chance you won't be able to be friends with all of them.

Maybe a solution, that they (DE) have mentioned an RNG mechanic that was easily better than the current situation.

In the way that Diminishing returns work, the more you get something from a map, the less chance it would have to drop again - thus you could gain the rare stuff eventually. If only we saw that mechanic implemented...

*As for higher level, you only see the enemies gain hp and dmg so not much skill is needed there either... still the gap is wider so you die more easily/faster so you gotta be better to survive, even if just a little bit.

Edited by K_Shiro

Excuse me Guys

Blessing skill for Trinity have activate for oppernent in PVP mode? 

That mean this guy no skill to win in PVP Battle? (just a link that not enough)

I think why not time activate for other guy has shorter than Trinity who cast spell.

and it has bug when play pvp after one match, I cannot use skill anymore because no has EN .

please fix it. 

Excuse me Guys

Blessing skill for Trinity have activate for oppernent in PVP mode? 

That mean this guy no skill to win in PVP Battle? (just a link that not enough)

I think why not time activate for other guy has shorter than Trinity who cast spell.

and it has bug when play pvp after one match, I cannot use skill anymore because no has EN .

please fix it. 

.... You do realize that there's a Forum for bugs, right?

This is Community hot topics, not PC beta bugs. 

For almost 2 weeks now Harvester has been dropping Detron. 

Almost 2 weeks and it still hasn't been changed. 

You've already seen what we want. The Majority of people in this thread just want the Detron condensed to a single blueprint. 

So what's taking so long?

They are using their time to fix the networking problems :) Anyways, I believe they will/have to find a different way to make Detron less elusive since if you put the whole gun into 1 bp it might be easy to get but it will be too easy to get. With the Stalker you have a reason to fight him for numerous time since you want all his stuff eventually but the Harvester only gives Detron.

I'm not saying the Detron being in numerous parts is right but as long as there is no alternative to make the Harvester "worth our while" they are forced to leave it as it is or all players will lose incentive to even wait for him.

- Codex containing close to full information on them, drops, spawning mechanic and all.

- Produce a somehow more dependable or at least understandable way to spawn him - at least tell us he randomly appears on Corpus missions, that's enough, just let us know, for example in the Codex so those that managed to scan him can share the info. It works well, the Codex is perfect for such things. This would work for the Stalker too, give him a bit more scans and that could reveal whom you have to kill to anger him.

- Harvester should drop the Detron in one bp but should drop other stuff too that's worth going for him. I would make him (and the Stalker too) drop a pack that may contain random rewards (but rewards non the less details: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/79196-concepts-of-mine-consumables-merchant-gambler-and-void-cause-i-like-that/#entry863293 consumables chapter) and occasionally the a blueprint/color palette, preferably never stuff like slash-dash. If the random pack drops a few consumables that can be considered "losing" but even those can be used and are worth more than a slash-dash.

- Make them more formidable through certain Ai changes, instead of making them immune to all our abilities. For example Stunning skills could slow them about 60%. By Ai changes I mean the greatest issue with such (or any) bosses is their mobility - they tend to just stand there shooting. The game already knows how to handle jumps pretty well, also the idea of covers - the Stalker could be teleporting around when under fire, while the Harvester could just plain jump around. Though they both need formidable defenses above their mobility, for example high health for the Stalker and high shields for the Harvester (or vice versa) - it's better to make it a longer challenging fight but through believable things not immunity or by no means an insane amount of health.

Imbo this way we would have challenging bosses and enough info on how to spawn/evade them.