January 3Rd: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

They are using their time to fix the networking problems :) Anyways, I believe they will/have to find a different way to make Detron less elusive since if you put the whole gun into 1 bp it might be easy to get but it will be too easy to get. With the Stalker you have a reason to fight him for numerous time since you want all his stuff eventually but the Harvester only gives Detron.

I'm not saying the Detron being in numerous parts is right but as long as there is no alternative to make the Harvester "worth our while" they are forced to leave it as it is or all players will lose incentive to even wait for him.

- Codex containing close to full information on them, drops, spawning mechanic and all.

- Produce a somehow more dependable or at least understandable way to spawn him - at least tell us he randomly appears on Corpus missions, that's enough, just let us know, for example in the Codex so those that managed to scan him can share the info. It works well, the Codex is perfect for such things. This would work for the Stalker too, give him a bit more scans and that could reveal whom you have to kill to anger him.

- Harvester should drop the Detron in one bp but should drop other stuff too that's worth going for him. I would make him (and the Stalker too) drop a pack that may contain random rewards (but rewards non the less details: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/79196-concepts-of-mine-consumables-merchant-gambler-and-void-cause-i-like-that/#entry863293 consumables chapter) and occasionally the a blueprint/color palette, preferably never stuff like slash-dash. If the random pack drops a few consumables that can be considered "losing" but even those can be used and are worth more than a slash-dash.

- Make them more formidable through certain Ai changes, instead of making them immune to all our abilities. For example Stunning skills could slow them about 60%. By Ai changes I mean the greatest issue with such (or any) bosses is their mobility - they tend to just stand there shooting. The game already knows how to handle jumps pretty well, also the idea of covers - the Stalker could be teleporting around when under fire, while the Harvester could just plain jump around. Though they both need formidable defenses above their mobility, for example high health for the Stalker and high shields for the Harvester (or vice versa) - it's better to make it a longer challenging fight but through believable things not immunity or by no means an insane amount of health.

Imbo this way we would have challenging bosses and enough info on how to spawn/evade them.

Putting it into 1 BP would not be too easy. It's already hard to get Harvester to attack, and even then you have to hope he drops the BP. 

Putting it into 1 BP would not be too easy. It's already hard to get Harvester to attack, and even then you have to hope he drops the BP. 

If there is only 1 bp then he loses all "charm" when you get that to drop - the Stalker has 3 weapons and some other stuff too. If it drops rarely enough to compensate, it's the same as ember prime, a great source of discomfort for players.

As for the Harvester spawning being hard to force, the Stalker is not that different and even he is a source of problems because of RNG.

Anyways, please read the whole stuff - it contains full explanation.

If there is only 1 bp then he loses all "charm" when you get that to drop - the Stalker has 3 weapons and some other stuff too. If it drops rarely enough to compensate, it's the same as ember prime, a great source of discomfort for players.

As for the Harvester spawning being hard to force, the Stalker is not that different and even he is a source of problems because of RNG.

I know condensing it to a single BP might not be the best possible solution, but it would solve peoples complaints and quell some of the RNG rage. A full explanation and guide on farming him would also be good, but not by itself. It would need to be packaged along with the Codex entry.

And even then it will all be meaningless if his spawn rate is still miserable. 

Too many ways to potentially screw up this solution. That's why I suggest condensing it to a single BP AND having Harvester drop other things(like you mentioned). Make the BP drop rate about 25-33% and fill in the rest with Rare-ish goodies like a Forma or maybe even a catalyst/reactor BP if you're lucky. And at the very least, make him ALWAYS drop an Orokin Cell. You need 10 of them for Detron anyway. 

Edited by Plasmaface

"Charm" Implies something endearing.

There's NOTHING endearing about acquiring Detron and it's not like it's going to replace Brakk as the premier side arm. 

"Charm" Implies something endearing.

There's NOTHING endearing about acquiring Detron and it's not like it's going to replace Brakk as the premier side arm. 

Nope, "Charm" implies sarcasm.

-

q86d.png -

I know condensing it to a single BP might not be the best possible solution, but it would solve peoples complaints and quell some of the RNG rage. A full explanation and guide on farming him would also be good, but not by itself. It would need to be packaged along with the Codex entry.

And even then it will all be meaningless if his spawn rate is still miserable. 

Too many ways to potentially screw up this solution. That's why I suggest condensing it to a single BP AND having Harvester drop other things(like you mentioned). Make the BP drop rate about 25-33% and fill in the rest with Rare-ish goodies like a Forma or maybe even a catalyst/reactor BP if you're lucky. And at the very least, make him ALWAYS drop an Orokin Cell. You need 10 of them for Detron anyway. 

Agreed.

Edited by K_Shiro