The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding Out How To Spawn The Harvester

Zulaica

Question

So we've nailed down a few things about him but there is still much to know, if you have any sort of substantial evidence please post so.

Primes increase chances of finding Harvester
Being involved in the Gradivus Dillema increases the chances of spawning it (This should be self explanatory players that registered after the event are having as much luck as those who supported the Grineer or Corpus full and through during it)
Specific weapons increase chances of spawning Harvester
Planets have higher chances of spawning Harvester (As long as its a Corpus mission he can spawn)
Being in a mission from the start of it increases the chances of spawning Harvester
Low level weapons/frames increase chances of spawning Harvester (Likely has nothing to do with loadouts)
Corpus defense has highest chances of spawning Harvester (Apparently not true, he spawns on any Corpus mission after 240 seconds after spawning it seems)
Having both a Stalker mark and Harvester mark spawns the Harvester ???
Killing Alad V gives death mark to spawn Harvester ???
Other Corpus bosses besides Alad V give a death mark to spawn the Harvester ???
Nef.Anyo is a Harvester mark trigger ???
Highest chances of finding Harvester are on invasions against Corpus ✓(Confirmed on Livestream 20 that it is triggered by supporting Grineer)
You get a email in your inbox when you have a mark ✓
If you have anything you would like to add or confirm/deconfirm please feel free to post it.
TL:DR Support grineer until you get a email but be aware that the probabilities are butchered for the Harvester to appear according to the people on the Livestream
Edited by Zulaica

1,771 answers to this question

This thread is full of bullS#&$.

Instead of saying something inane like this why don't you contribute information to the thread? Did I not already explain that none of this is guaranteed and its quite hard to test most of this?

Instead of saying something inane like this why don't you contribute information to the thread? Did I not already explain that none of this is guaranteed and its quite hard to test most of this?

I think i did said already, just scroll through the pages. In this or in those other millions of Harvester threads.

People are just randomly guessing, there is no certain way to spawn Harvester. Same as Stalker, everything is RNG. Hence bullS#&$ part.

I think i did said already, just scroll through the pages. In this or in those other millions of Harvester threads.

People are just randomly guessing, there is no certain way to spawn Harvester. Same as Stalker, everything is RNG. Hence bullS#&$ part.

But there has to be a way to get a death mark so that they do come after you at some point or another, they specifically said "We haven't found the trigger yet" so there has to be some way to get a mark. And there is nothing wrong with randomly guessing, testing these things and being certain they have no relevance gets us a step closer to a conclusion.

Just to add to the speculation, I've primarily ran the Europa invasion mission. Done about 80 missions, and had him spawn on me 4 times. Once he spawned on someone else, so I've fought him a total of 5 times.

After running Alad twice, I had the longest 'drought' of Harvester sightings. It seemed to make him have even less of a chance to spawn.

In between my 80 invasion missions, I've done a few alerts and survivals (Corpus and OD). I've fought zero Corpus bosses except the two I mentioned above.

The number of players doesn't seem to affect the chance. I've had him him appear with every number of players (1-4) and twice with 3.

With my dataset being so small, I realize this doesn't prove anything.

Well it does prove bosses are not involved.

Even if we haven't found what triggers him yet, I think we made a good job cause we've proved that a lot of theories are wrong.

The problem is that most of those theories were probable ones and now we have to use our imagination to find a way..

Inez you made other corpus missions between invasion ones, at least the theory of doing a certain number of different corpus missions is still valid.

The Stalker's Countdown script is recycled in the use of the spawning process of the Harvester.

The game randomly chooses a period of time to wait before a script is run to see if any players will be attacked. Thing is, there is no differentiation logged between the Stalker and the Harvester. I was just attacked by the Harvester on Io on Jupiter, and the code from the Ee.log is indiscriminate.

Script [Info]: Stalker: waiting <60-240> seconds before checking for players with DeathmarksScript [Info]: Stalker: chose target <player>

Not particularly useful information, but interesting, nonetheless.

The Stalker's Countdown script is recycled in the use of the spawning process of the Harvester.

The game randomly chooses a period of time to wait before a script is run to see if any players will be attacked. Thing is, there is no differentiation logged between the Stalker and the Harvester. I was just attacked by the Harvester on Io on Jupiter, and the code from the Ee.log is indiscriminate.

Script [Info]: Stalker: waiting <60-240> seconds before checking for players with DeathmarksScript [Info]: Stalker: chose target <player>
Not particularly useful information, but interesting, nonetheless.

I've been waiting for someone to think to look there.

You're noticing something important, yeah. 

In order to meet Harvester you need the 'Harvest' mark along with the 'Deathmark'

You then need to trigger the Deathmark in a location where the Harvest mark can also be triggered. This will produce Harvester instead of Stalker.

Harvester drops Detron. You should read patch notes, they help keep you up to date.

In case You didn`t notice I made 2 threads about Harvester, so I guess I know what he drops, right?

YOU SHOULD READ, what I have posted in my post, and that is that Harvester is not officially released and because of that he doen`t drop anything right now!!!

Edited by Karela2

In case You didn`t notice I made 2 threads about Harvester, so I guess I know what he drops, right?

YOU SHOULD READ, what I have posted in my post, and that is that Harvester is not officially released and because of that he doen`t drop anything right now!!!

You're wrong. Harvester is implemented properly and he has a chance of dropping a piece of Detron. You're seriously arguing this with the wrong person.

At first he didn't drop anything, but DE changed that in a hotfix.

In order to meet Harvester you need the 'Harvest' mark along with the 'Deathmark'

You then need to trigger the Deathmark in a location where the Harvest mark can also be triggered. This will produce Harvester instead of Stalker.

Sounds like someone is privy to information ;)

But yeah, that's about what I'd surmise from it.

I'd have checked long before, had I actually had the Harvester spawn until now. I took as little time as possible D:

Edited by Azure_Kyte

At first he didn't drop anything, but DE changed that in a hotfix.

And what hotfix is that, if I may ask? I have read all the hotfixes untill 11.5.3 and there is really no mention of Harvester!

Don`t you think that Harvester deserve more than a simply hotfix?

Edited by Karela2

And what hotfix is that, if I may ask? I have read all the hotfixes untill 11.5.3 and there is really no mention of Harvester!

11.5.3.... really?

There were 4 (!) Hotfixes since then.

Go and read 11.5.5, you'll see.

Sorry I don't understand...could you say that in poor words? :p

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/157009-hotfix-1155/

I was there when she wrote this up. Harvester drops Detron. Multiple people have even gotten pieces.

And one ominous poem:
…Perhaps a Detron can be secured if a Harvester is Procured? But beware, if it’s the Detron you seek, the New Harvester is not for the weak!
No one is safe from the Harvester.

RNG within RNG.

Simple enough?

Actually, it is the exact same RNG as always. That is the funny bit. 

If you have both marks and are in a place where the Harvest mark can trigger - it'll spawn Harvester in place of Stalker if Deathmark triggers.

What this essentially means is that 'Deathmark' is now the 'Does an event happen here?' mark. If it triggers an event happens. If you have no extra marks it'll be Stalker who is now the 'Default event'. If you have Harvester's mark it'll be Harvester - so long as you are in the right level type.