The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding Out How To Spawn The Harvester

Zulaica

Question

So we've nailed down a few things about him but there is still much to know, if you have any sort of substantial evidence please post so.

Primes increase chances of finding Harvester
Being involved in the Gradivus Dillema increases the chances of spawning it (This should be self explanatory players that registered after the event are having as much luck as those who supported the Grineer or Corpus full and through during it)
Specific weapons increase chances of spawning Harvester
Planets have higher chances of spawning Harvester (As long as its a Corpus mission he can spawn)
Being in a mission from the start of it increases the chances of spawning Harvester
Low level weapons/frames increase chances of spawning Harvester (Likely has nothing to do with loadouts)
Corpus defense has highest chances of spawning Harvester (Apparently not true, he spawns on any Corpus mission after 240 seconds after spawning it seems)
Having both a Stalker mark and Harvester mark spawns the Harvester ???
Killing Alad V gives death mark to spawn Harvester ???
Other Corpus bosses besides Alad V give a death mark to spawn the Harvester ???
Nef.Anyo is a Harvester mark trigger ???
Highest chances of finding Harvester are on invasions against Corpus ✓(Confirmed on Livestream 20 that it is triggered by supporting Grineer)
You get a email in your inbox when you have a mark ✓
If you have anything you would like to add or confirm/deconfirm please feel free to post it.
TL:DR Support grineer until you get a email but be aware that the probabilities are butchered for the Harvester to appear according to the people on the Livestream
Edited by Zulaica

1,771 answers to this question

Actually, it is the exact same RNG as always. That is the funny bit. 

If you have both marks and are in a place where the Harvest mark can trigger - it'll spawn Harvester in place of Stalker if Deathmark triggers.

What this essentially means is that 'Deathmark' is now the 'Does an event happen here?' mark. If it triggers an event happens. If you have no extra marks it'll be Stalker who is now the 'Default event'. If you have Harvester's mark it'll be Harvester - so long as you are in the right level type.

But how are those marks are translated in game?

Not really, that thing of the 2 marks seems interesting, but I'm not getting how it works...

Basically,

Death Mark+RNG=Stalker spawn

Death Mark+Harvest Mark+mission where Corpus are enemy (assumption)+RNG=Harvester spawn

Now we just have to find out how to get marked with the "Harvester Mark".

Pretty sure it's not killing Alad V though, 'cause there was once I encountered Stalker in an invasion mission right after I killed him.

Edited by Buyao

But how are those marks are translated in game?

Dunno. I'm not a code guy. All I know is the gist of how the game thinks about this. My clanmates peeled apart the 'How' a while ago. I just haven't seen anyone notice the link here until Azure's post. He noticed what my clanmates did. The game rolls for the 'Deathmark', not for Stalker or Harvester specifically.

So far it still seems like nobody has the complete picture.

But this means you have to kill a Boss, even a grineer one, then if you get the Harvester mark you'll be invaded by him instead of the stalker, right?

I mean, an assassination is still required, correct?

Well, as far as I'm aware Deathmark can trigger anywhere. That is just how Stalker works. But Harvest mark cannot. Harvest mark will only trigger on the kind of maps Harvester is okay on.

So basically, Harvester spawns exactly the way Stalker spawns. It is just more specific where he'll show up and you need to be marked twice as opposed to once.

However - for all we know there are bosses that can give both marks. That is completely up in the air.

In order for the Deathmark to trigger, yes.

Ok, so we know that an assassination is required.

What we don't know is if now robotic bosses and Alad can give us a deathmark.

We should focus now on what can give us the Harvester mark after the death one..it's not easy, cause when I've met him I did nothing special but corpus missions...

Well, as far as I'm aware Deathmark can trigger anywhere. That is just how Stalker works. But Harvest mark cannot. Harvest mark will only trigger on the kind of maps Harvester is okay on.

You said anywhere, but the stalker Deathmark is not obtainable killing a random boss, some doesn't work..

EDIT: wait I misunderstood, got it.

Edited by siralextraffo

I mean no visible in EE.log marks.

Yep. Because he isn't a separate roll from Stalker. It is the same roll (For the deathmark). The difference is that when you have both Deathmark AND Harvest mark + You are in the correct level type for a Harvester encounter the game will consume both the Deathmark and the Harvest mark and instead of Stalker spawn Harvester.

Yep. Because he isn't a separate roll from Stalker. It is the same roll (For the deathmark). The difference is that when you have both Deathmark AND Harvest mark + You are in the correct level type for a Harvester encounter the game will consume both the Deathmark and the Harvest mark and instead of Stalker spawn Harvester.

So every time the Stalker spawns on you in a Corpus map, it's a missed chance at a Harvester spawn?

So every time the Stalker spawns on you in a Corpus map, it's a missed chance at a Harvester spawn?

When Stalker spawns and defeats you/is defeated then the Deathmark is consumed. Not the Harvest mark.

When the Harvester spawns and defeats you/is defeated both marks are consumed.

I think. Keep in mind - I don't have the whole picture. I'm working with what I've been able to piece together.

So basically, Harvester spawns exactly the way Stalker spawns. It is just more specific where he'll show up and you need to be marked twice as opposed to once.

However - for all we know there are bosses that can give both marks. That is completely up in the air.

So we need 2 assassinations ( one for the deathmark, one for the harvester mark, or one assassination of a boss with the two marks (stalker and harvester), is that right ? And harvester marks are given by a (more than one ?) boss, maybe corpus , maybe Alad V ? When we have these two marks, we must find a map wich trigger the harveste.

sorry for my english, this is not my natural language

Have some one try to rank a rank 0 Corpus gun?, like the DERA or forma it and the go against Corpus, maybe he want to "harvest" that weapon, or maybe kill Alad with a Corpus gun and then run around. Just trying to make sense to his name the harvester.  XD

So we need 2 assassinations ( one for the deathmark, one for the harvester mark, or one assassination of a boss with the two marks (stalker and harvester), is that right ? And harvester marks are given by a (more than one ?) boss, maybe corpus , maybe Alad V ? When we have these two marks, we must find a map wich trigger the harveste.

sorry for my english, this is not my natural language

Sounds about right, based on how I think this works.

Actually, it is the exact same RNG as always. That is the funny bit. 

If you have both marks and are in a place where the Harvest mark can trigger - it'll spawn Harvester in place of Stalker if Deathmark triggers.

What this essentially means is that 'Deathmark' is now the 'Does an event happen here?' mark. If it triggers an event happens. If you have no extra marks it'll be Stalker who is now the 'Default event'. If you have Harvester's mark it'll be Harvester - so long as you are in the right level type.

event like the cicero crisis, or the hunt of alad V ?

What I did yesterday - I killed all the bosses in a Row from Vor till Ambulas. And kept playing against Corpus only(Xini,Elara,Invasions) - so far nothing happened.

The point is that we're too much focused on triggers now and we forget the RNG component.

We expect that as soon as we trigger the Harvester he will appear, but we're wrong; and I make the same mistake, I'm so focused on triggering him that I forget how important is  the RNG part in this matter.

To do an example: before starting to hunt for the Harvester, I killed once Hek, bacause I thought that could have been the way to be considered a betrayer if after I was going to side with Grineers.

This means I should wait for the Stalker to come, right? Well, after 200+ missions from that assassination I've seen no Stalker targeting me.

This could mean that even Stalker marks can be used to attract the Harvester, so I'll never be targeted by the Stalker cause I've been already from the robot; or it could mean that maybe in February I'll have a Stalker attack because of that assassination, due to RNG.

What I find very strange is that I made a lot of Corpus missions, but I met the Harvester only twice and he was targeting me both times, so I'm really not lucky cause I've never been in a team where a teammates has been attacked...

The point is that we're too much focused on triggers now and we forget the RNG component.

We expect that as soon as we trigger the Harvester he will appear, but we're wrong; and I make the same mistake, I'm so focused on triggering him that I forget how important is  the RNG part in this matter.

This. I mean, I'm still getting Stalker appearances from bosses I killed six months ago. (I haven't touch Tyl Regor since June or July, and the Stalker just tried to collect on that death mark today.)

So yeah. Unless DE decides to stop with the non-transparency or we can get someone to datamine past the encryption, I doubt it's possible to figure out the exact trigger. That is unless you set up some extreme control groups attempting to isolate just one trigger.

Edited by Rakaija