Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime?

(PSN)Zephiam

Personally, I'm pretty fed up with the way that they treat us in general. They don't let us even have the chance to get some items, they seem to barely ever mention us, and they said that they have been slacking off on the ps4 side. In my own opinion (and hopefully many of yours) this is just outright unacceptable for a now multiplatform game.

Well said. Devs joking on livestreams about neglecting PS4 version and it being a side project looks much like a caught pedophile joking about loving children. You don't get to joke about it if that is what you actually do.

By quoting them in that way, you are suggesting that you are agreeing with it.  Which, based on your words, you are.

The point is that we never got a chance and it would turn players off if suddenly a bunch of PC players were to get on and flaunt how they have all these PC only exclusives.

It is less like if runescape were to make a console version and people were complaining about not having it and more like if runescape were to make a console version, show the console versions what they couldn't get, and then have all the pc players mock the console players for being inferior.

Either keep us separate or give us a chance at the same items.

Also, very well said. Honestly, Warframe seems to be worst and actually first ever offender: similar stuff only happened with console exclusive features, such as exclusive DLC, but it's never been allowed to carry exclusive stuff over to rival platform.

Edited by (PS4)Lord_Gremlin

Every time I look at the forums and see topics like this I can't help but wonder if all the "whine moan whine cry" about the fact that they messed up by extending the founders pack is making the devs think twice about this game being on consoles.Honestly of all the problems in the game people seem to be focused on the smallest of problems which seems to stem largely from some form of "someone has something I don't I want it too".I have it on PC and to be honest if anything I'd rather have my 50$ back as it was a pointless buy beyond the plat it came with.Also take your damn tinfoil hats off about the PC players coming over and hanging it over everyone's heads.We already have douchebags as it is so even if they do who cares?There's an ignore feature for idiots like that.I don't see why people read the words "time limited never to be released again" and think that they mean anything other then that.I personally don't care if they do it I've just accepted that they are almost 100% not going to and have realized the backlash it would cause on the PC side when PC players do exactly what this thread is doing.The devs can't please everyone at once and we are the smaller playerbase.They won't do something that will &!$$ of the majority to cater to a few.Hate me if you like and think whatever of me but it won't change the situation any.

Edited by (PS4)helcalv

Im all for the migration still happening- I would like to play with my PC friends. But, just the same it would be a simple solution to make the exalibur prime skin "undetectable." from the PS4 side. Just make it look like regular exalibur for PS4 side people, and no one will care. 

Give a man two different kinds of identical looking oranges with different names and don't say there's a difference, and they won't care which one they choose to eat.

Personally, I'm pretty fed up with the way that they treat us in general. They don't let us even have the chance to get some items, they seem to barely ever mention us, and they said that they have been slacking off on the ps4 side. In my own opinion (and hopefully many of yours) this is just outright unacceptable for a now multiplatform game.

I really don't like how they treat PS4 players as pocket lint and weekend spending money.

Im all for the migration still happening- I would like to play with my PC friends. But, just the same it would be a simple solution to make the exalibur prime skin "undetectable." from the PS4 side. Just make it look like regular exalibur for PS4 side people, and no one will care. 

Give a man two different kinds of identical looking oranges with different names and don't say there's a difference, and they won't care which one they choose to eat.

I'd personally rather have that but then they'd have to remove entries from the codex.  (Which, honestly, a lot of stuff don't belong in the PS4 codex).

====

Honestly, I got the prime access because i said I'd get it, but at this point, I'm seriously starting to regret it.  The way they treat PS4 players is horrible.  They should never have introduced the idea of account transfers.  Most multiplayer games don't do it for a reason.  It is often too difficult to balance things between systems (example being steam and retail-many multiplayer games that are featured on both don't let you play with the other, in fact, I'm not sure if any do).

@helcalv  Being realistic is fine, but do realize that you WILL get hate.  Look at what happened in another thread where I was trying to be realistic.

But hey, maybe they won't change and won't listen, but then why are we paying for the game?  They might as well pull the game from PSN and just admit that they don't want to deal with the consoles if they won't listen to the people that are paying.  Give us all a refund, pull the game, admit they hate consoles, move on.

But if they don't want to do that, they should seriously stop putting the PS4 as an afterthought and consider it a potential equal to the PC.  We might be the smaller group but honestly?  They could always just keep us separate.  Instead of doing a full transfer, they could transfer just the PS4 stuff and leave it as a one time transfer.  That way, there is still some level of separation and they'll still be able to go through with giving PC players a chance to transfer over.

Honestly?  I've gotten limited time items before in games that got reintroduced later.  (And I paid for mine).   Personally?  I didn't really care.  I was all for giving people more chances at those items.  Then again, I play a healer in most games for the goal of helping people and consider other people more important than myself so I might not be the best example of a player.  However, I doubt I'm the only one.   I doubt that every PC player would complain if they gave the PS4 version a chance at some of these items.  

Heck, make all those PC exclusives that PC got in events buyable for only a week.   Have a PS4 founder's pack that is identical to the PC version, have small event packs where we can buy the event items by themselves or as a group.   That way, the PC players can still say that they got theirs (the event items) for free and PS4 players at least get to know that they at least could get the items.  PS4 players would have one week to get them and then they would go poof.

I'm def not one of whining and moaning so I ll defend myself on that account. Personally I don't really care about Excalibur prime that much myself, why they offer it limited time and never come back I have no idea. All I'm saying is just keep it fair as possible especially when you go cross platform/multiple consoles with the same game etc. Still don't see it as a good sign if they don't at least offer for ps4 for short time especally if what a lot of you say about them not caring about ps4 users that much. I just hope they don't do something like this in the future is all. We all know its hard for them to cater to everyone but not impossible. Of course they will naturally tend to PC users more because those are the people who really funded them as an independent co. trying to put their game out. But yet and still as their user base grows on any platform they decide to release it on they can't reject or forget about them it is their responsibility to make it fair as possible being with their decision they made. It only makes sense to be fair in this case because they would def make more money in the long run.

(Not really into the whole PC vs console myself and DE shouldn't be either, its just all preference in my opinion. I think they have a lot going on right maybe a little more than they can handle with the expansion of this game and all. And they will smooth things out in time I hope)

Also some news that I just noticed.I posed a question to DE Megan as to if they would consider releasing the weapons as a DLC for the store and got this as a response.

Sent Today, 10:51 AM

Hello! Sorry for the delay, been pretty busy over here!

As for your question, I'm not sure.

It is definitely an issue that PS4 missed out on getting items due to them being PC Event Exclusives. 

I will bring this up with the devs and get some answers for you.

Edited by (PS4)helcalv

Interesting.. Thanks for that. A problem nevertheless but yet still not impossible,and it should be addressed whether they will do it or not. As fans of this game I feel we have a right to know. Figured they d be up to neck in stuff to do but at least it will be brought to their attention.

Just thought I'd put in another problem with doing any of this would be that they would have to potentially do it again when it comes out on the xbox one shortly.

Idk why you think 100% that it's going to come to xbox one, when DE hasn't said anything and it's only on pegi whatever nothing else.

Edited by (PS4)OkamiToge

Will try to comment here on some discussion in this thread - in principle the Founders Program and the content within emerged to literally found the game - we were (and still are) doing it all ourselves, we needed support from players very early on who not only believed enough in the game to play it an try it, but financially support it as well. This was an early stepping stone in the development life of Warframe.

As development and stability continued, opportunities emerged, and PS4 became a reality.

I am sorry to confirm that the gear within the Founders Package won't be making it's way to PS4 for purchase - it's role in the codex is controversial and perhaps insensitive considering this fact. 

So, regarding a few issues brought up in this thread: PS4 is new territory (there is a lot to get used to still - shouldn't be an excuse forever), updates are full of content but deployed over a different timeline than PC, and many players feel they are getting the short end of the stick with (mostly event) exclusives overall. A few different issues there - all of which ought to be solved in some regard.

The Cicero Crisis event and following hotfixes are coming to PS4 with the next Update (getting ready to submit to Cert next week). A more informative post now that we know more solid information is coming in that regard. 

Not that this will be of interest to everyone, but there will be some devs sitting in a Livestream this Friday taking Questions (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/161071-coming-soon-livestream-20/). PS4 will be discussed, if there is anything specific, please post your questions in this thread (I see some have already). 

Thank you for this information. I posted earlier how I felt like you guys kind of neglected ps4 after update 11, but this post restores our love.

Good job DE on this fabulous game, and keep on making it even better (and if you read this, I heard this on the youtube channel "peopleschoicegaming", so this is what he said, not me. "DE needs to stop rushing their warframes." Personally, I like them, but I do feel that nekros' and valkyr's usefulness falls short of some of your earlier warframes. Essentially, make sure you take your time when designing them. No ones going to be mad if you delay one's release because you feel it's not ready.  :)

Idk why you think 100% that it's going to come to xbox one, when DE hasn't said anything and it's only on pegi whatever nothing else.

The company's VP of publishing Meridith Braun told the site, "We're happy to see Microsoft shift its attitude on independent development for their new system. We'd be silly not to consider Warframe for Xbox One now. The system itself will be awesome and now the landscape of games that it supports has just become limitless. Exciting times."

From an Interview.

I wonder if Sony will allow to transfer accounts from PC that have stuff that was never and will never be available on Playstation. I sure hope not, they never allowed anything like that before.

Also, you ended founders program like a month before PS4 version RELEASED. Now, if you did that many months before I could have believed the excuse posted here, but as it stands that's a poor excuse, which insults our intelligence. Just wow.

Sony gave the likes of you (developers that is, not the administrator obviously) far too much freedom. They should have focused on adding gore to new Killzone rather than allowing that kind of quality ports with missing content. They really damaging the ps brand recently, but thats off topic.

Edited by Letter13
Tidying up

Will try to comment here on some discussion in this thread - in principle the Founders Program and the content within emerged to literally found the game - we were (and still are) doing it all ourselves, we needed support from players very early on who not only believed enough in the game to play it an try it, but financially support it as well. This was an early stepping stone in the development life of Warframe.

As development and stability continued, opportunities emerged, and PS4 became a reality.

I am sorry to confirm that the gear within the Founders Package won't be making it's way to PS4 for purchase - it's role in the codex is controversial and perhaps insensitive considering this fact. 

So, regarding a few issues brought up in this thread: PS4 is new territory (there is a lot to get used to still - shouldn't be an excuse forever), updates are full of content but deployed over a different timeline than PC, and many players feel they are getting the short end of the stick with (mostly event) exclusives overall. A few different issues there - all of which ought to be solved in some regard.

The Cicero Crisis event and following hotfixes are coming to PS4 with the next Update (getting ready to submit to Cert next week). A more informative post now that we know more solid information is coming in that regard. 

Not that this will be of interest to everyone, but there will be some devs sitting in a Livestream this Friday taking Questions (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/161071-coming-soon-livestream-20/). PS4 will be discussed, if there is anything specific, please post your questions in this thread (I see some have already). 

Well said and put, thank you for your imput.

I'm looking forward to the Cicero Crisis event, next week? And hope that you can find a solution for PS4 members feelings on being on the short end of the stick, while being completely far the PC members until the systems are emerged.

The company's VP of publishing Meridith Braun told the site, "We're happy to see Microsoft shift its attitude on independent development for their new system. We'd be silly not to consider Warframe for Xbox One now. The system itself will be awesome and now the landscape of games that it supports has just become limitless. Exciting times."

From an Interview.

Well that's a disappointment I think everyone forgave them a little too easily.

Also some news that I just noticed.I posed a question to DE Megan as to if they would consider releasing the weapons as a DLC for the store and got this as a response.

Sent Today, 10:51 AM

Hello! Sorry for the delay, been pretty busy over here!

As for your question, I'm not sure.

It is definitely an issue that PS4 missed out on getting items due to them being PC Event Exclusives. 

I will bring this up with the devs and get some answers for you.

I'd love to see them do something about it.

As Lord_Gremlin said...

I wonder if Sony will allow to transfer accounts from PC that have stuff that was never and will never be available on Playstation. I sure hope not, they never allowed anything like that before.

Also, you ended founders program like a month before PS4 version RELEASED. Now, if you did that many months before I could have believed the excuse posted here, but as it stands that's a [bad] excuse, which insults our intelligence. Just wow.

Sony gave the likes of you (developers that is, not the administrator obviously) far too much freedom. They should have focused on adding gore to new Killzone rather than allowing that kind of quality ports with missing content. They really damaging the ps brand recently, but thats off topic.

This excuse:

Does not really fly.   You guys ended it what?  Two weeks before the PS4 was released?   If it was a few months before, sure, understandable.  But considering it was within a month of the PS4 version being released, that is just being insensitive to the PS4 base.  There were those of us that believed in the game enough to play it and wanted to buy the founder's pack early on, but could not.   Not everyone with a ps4 has a pc.  Might seem odd, but that is just how things are.  I know people who can't do a lot of stuff on the PS3/PS4 because they have no PC.

I'd love to see them do something about it.

As Lord_Gremlin said...

This excuse:

Does not really fly. You guys ended it what? Two weeks before the PS4 was released? If it was a few months before, sure, understandable. But considering it was within a month of the PS4 version being released, that is just being insensitive to the PS4 base. There were those of us that believed in the game enough to play it and wanted to buy the founder's pack early on, but could not. Not everyone with a ps4 has a pc. Might seem odd, but that is just how things are. I know people who can't do a lot of stuff on the PS3/PS4 because they have no PC.

I'm gonna have to agree with this post.

I get you gotta give love to the PC brand, show the same love for the PS4 brand if you wanna call it new territory and etc. fair enough the PC was too when you started out so logically a PS4 founder pack should be there. Either give us "Sorry it won't be happening that's our choice" or make it happen. Don't do the whole "Well we would love to but these guys just were there so we are rewarding them for being here since the beginning" ..... We have been here since the beginning. I'm a college student I don't have money to purchase a high end gaming PC so a console is the most cost effective means of high grade entertainment. So because I decided to wait a few months to not spend tons of money I miss out on exclusive material that will (based on your cross play end goal) appear in game to players but never available to myself regardless of how much time I put in or how long I've been here (I am referring to the PS4 version of the game, by that span I would be considered a "founder") just isn't a good excuse to me and frankly is a bit disappointing that it is the best you could come up with.

This game will begin competing with Infamous, Deep Down, Destiny, TESO, The Division and more to come. There is a strong fan base right now, the way to keep that is to show they matter.

In conclusion, clearly list your priorities or equally reward those who put the time and money in at the beginning for their platform (when you yourself recognize that the PS4 is its own brand which should only support the idea of a PS4 founders pack), but don't throw an excuse up that just doesn't make sense. Have the balls to say "We started this with PC, without them we wouldn't be here. I am sorry guys but we gave them that to show our appreciation for them getting us from an in house development small pc game to a multiplatform success that is still growing"

(Just for clarification I quoted Ariaandkia to agree with the post when I say you I referring to DE)

Edited by (PS4)NeesesPieces

As stated above, there is plenty of other games to compete with.  And with the 140 USD, we can buy two games.  So the question is whether DE is going to make Warframe worth 2 games.   I bought the prime access in hopes of showing that we PS4 players are willing to spend money too.  However, if that is the treatment we get, I would never have bought prime access and I would've just simply put the game down and found a different game.

If DE doesn't try to make things "fair" for the PS4, then plenty of people will soon switch games.

Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia

Please, everyone of you cry babies quit the game.

We ARE NOT the founders on PS4, we got a release to our console that was already in the works for over a year. The same thing that was already out on PC. We do not have our own version of this game. Instead of running around on forums crying about every game you probably play, look around and play different games. Maybe you would have all found Warframe before hand and got the founders pack on PC. But wait, if that would've been the case, you'd all either be A: Crying that you're tired of waiting for PC to PS4 account merge B: Be on the other side the fence saying there shouldn't be a founders pack on PS4 because PS4 users weren't around when it was available.

It's gamers like you all that make the community look like a bunch of whining squeakers. You think everything should be handed to you on a silver platter and even when that does happen, you still cry. Never in my 25 years as a gamer have I ever felt so ashamed to be part of a community. This developer is working hard on trying to make a transition from PC to console. It's not going to go smoothly at first. And quite honestly, I would not blame DE if they got tired of it too and basically yanked the game from us.

Again do us all a favor and quit threatening to quit the game and just do it. I'm tired of seeing the forums cluttered with the same posts about the same topics by the same cry babies.

So you are saying that DE should just give all of us back our money and pull the game from the PS4?  Sounds fair to me.

Why on a silver platter?  We want to have a fair chance because in all honesty?  We aren't the same exact game.   Maybe you didn't read that some people don't have PCs and had to wait for the PS4 version?

And even if we weren't the "founders" of the PS4, the PC version had a very long period of time to be "founders"   Why then can PS4 players not be founders when the founders period ended less than a month from the PS4 launch?  (Plus, platinum from the founder pack wouldn't transfer over from the PC to the PS4 version).  Honestly, that is just a slap in the face of PS4 players pretty much saying that PS4 players have no value that despite extending it for the PC, they couldn't extend it so that the PS4 players at least had a chance (just one week would've been fine)

It is gamers like you that make the community look like a bunch of, for lack of a more proper term, jerks and elitists.   It is gamers like you that fuel supremacy wars between consoles and PCs.  While some players just want equality and fairness, players like you want elitism.  Never in all my years as a gamer have I ever felt so ashamed to be on this planet.   The players who want to pay for this game are working to try to have a good reason to pay for the game.  it might not go smoothly at first, but we are trying.  And quite honestly, I would not blame the players if they got tired of it too and basically left the game for another and brought all their friends with them.

As I've said before, if I was a PC player, I'd want the PS4 and (if they have it) Xbox players to have access to everything.  In fact, I've fought for equality before.  While I am practical and realistic most of the time, I still want equality.  

And honestly, you are complaining about people voicing their opinions on a forum for voicing their opinions.  You have the right to your own opinion but that doesn't mean you should have the right to attack other people.  And yes, I know I shouldn't be so aggressive.

So you are saying that DE should just give all of us back our money and pull the game from the PS4?  Sounds fair to me.

Why on a silver platter?  We want to have a fair chance because in all honesty?  We aren't the same exact game.   Maybe you didn't read that some people don't have PCs and had to wait for the PS4 version?

And even if we weren't the "founders" of the PS4, the PC version had a very long period of time to be "founders"   Why then can PS4 players not be founders when the founders period ended less than a month from the PS4 launch?  (Plus, platinum from the founder pack wouldn't transfer over from the PC to the PS4 version).  Honestly, that is just a slap in the face of PS4 players pretty much saying that PS4 players have no value that despite extending it for the PC, they couldn't extend it so that the PS4 players at least had a chance (just one week would've been fine)

It is gamers like you that make the community look like a bunch of, for lack of a more proper term, jerks and elitists.   It is gamers like you that fuel supremacy wars between consoles and PCs.  While some players just want equality and fairness, players like you want elitism.  Never in all my years as a gamer have I ever felt so ashamed to be on this planet.   The players who want to pay for this game are working to try to have a good reason to pay for the game.  it might not go smoothly at first, but we are trying.  And quite honestly, I would not blame the players if they got tired of it too and basically left the game for another and brought all their friends with them.

As I've said before, if I was a PC player, I'd want the PS4 and (if they have it) Xbox players to have access to everything.  In fact, I've fought for equality before.  While I am practical and realistic most of the time, I still want equality.  

And honestly, you are complaining about people voicing their opinions on a forum for voicing their opinions.  You have the right to your own opinion but that doesn't mean you should have the right to attack other people.  And yes, I know I shouldn't be so aggressive.

They made a mistake by extending the founders pack to allow the upgrading of the pack for people who couldn't afford the larger ones.No one is debating that.

If DE doesn't try to make things "fair" for the PS4, then plenty of people will soon switch games.

^this & I agree.

After reading your reply Lotus, it's obvious where DE will forever favor .... the PC Tennos.

many of us here on PS4 enjoy this game, but down the road it is the console games that generate more $$$ in the end over PC gaming. There will be many new games & titles coming to both PS4 & Xbox1 that will like a magnet to our free time & our money.

Console gamers should have our own Founders exclusive pack, where PC is unable to attain unless they have opted to join our side of the community.

Also I believe console gamers should be allowed to vote for which New Warframe Prime they wish to be the exclusive.

Same with Xbox1 .....If Warframe comes to their platform. They should be allowed to pick & vote for their own Prime exclusive to the Xbox1 platform.

In the current state of the game - since launch on the PS4 console does not our feedback & logging in daily to play help to contribute to the development improvement of Warframe in these begining hours since launch on PS4? Does not the $$$ that several of us have invested into Warframe behind our PS4s since launch ..... contribute to the improvement & future of Warframe?

Or are we just ..... pocket change & lint.

You know "if" the game was on PS4 or Xbox1 before PC...... there are gamers here on console that would have contributed $$$ as well. We just were not give the opportunity to from our play stations & xbox.

I honestly wish people who stop asking for an exclusive prime ever again to occur.It was a bad idea the first time why the heck would we want them to do it again?Also there's a difference between helping get them game off the ground and helping improve it.

Edited by (PS4)helcalv

DE obviously favors the PC community... no complaints here about it, it's expected, from me at least. That's cool. 

I don't expect much for the PS4 as far as content delivery, due to paying for updates and such, so updating the game literally cost DE money. What disappoints me, even with having my hopes low already, is the LACK of communication from DE to PS4 players. We got a reply here, and this reply is more like a "well we can't give you Ex. prime because the PC community will get butthurt because they were the 'founders'" <- lol 

Never mind that the founders package was closed just 2 weeks prior to the launch of PS4 and was available to ANYONE with a PC and money FOR MONTHS >.> 

Don't take me for someone who feels entitled, I honestly don't care about the whole founders thing, just be honest and say "Look, you guys are on lolconsoles, so you basically get the scraps of what the PC is getting." Because that's exactly how it feels.

Again, I expected as much, but geez be honest about it. 

People complaining about it, just drop it. You did a good job getting your voice heard, and getting a reply. Don't let this thread be an example of the "console kiddy" mentality and continue to "cry and whine" about it... though I think you have a valid reason to feel cheated in a way. 

DE obviously favors the PC community... no complaints here about it, it's expected, from me at least. That's cool. 

I don't expect much for the PS4 as far as content delivery, due to paying for updates and such, so updating the game literally cost DE money. What disappoints me, even with having my hopes low already, is the LACK of communication from DE to PS4 players. We got a reply here, and this reply is more like a "well we can't give you Ex. prime because the PC community will get butthurt because they were the 'founders'" <- lol 

Never mind that the founders package was closed just 2 weeks prior to the launch of PS4 and was available to ANYONE with a PC and money FOR MONTHS >.> 

Don't take me for someone who feels entitled, I honestly don't care about the whole founders thing, just be honest and say "Look, you guys are on lolconsoles, so you basically get the scraps of what the PC is getting." Because that's exactly how it feels.

Again, I expected as much, but geez be honest about it. 

People complaining about it, just drop it. You did a good job getting your voice heard, and getting a reply. Don't let this thread be an example of the "console kiddy" mentality and continue to "cry and whine" about it... though I think you have a valid reason to feel cheated in a way. 

No it doesn't.Sony has no fees for updates.