The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy radar mod, it can be more useful!

neKroMancer

Enemy radar warframe mod allows players to visualize enemy movement and location on map HUD. However, in it's current state - It's not as useful as it should. Here are reasons.

1. Map HUD is too small - Seriously, I can see the enemy better with my eye than the HUD red dot indicator. By the time they show up in the HUD, it's melee time.

2. No difference between wht kind of enemy we're seeing. Now that's not a big problem with Grineer and Infest but Corpus notorious security camera and turret should, at least, be painted in different color.

3. LOS indicator. Obviously, enemies has line of ight in which they could detect players. Adding this feature on high level radar mod would greatly benefit stealth gameplay.

Well, currently this mod is a waste of a slot. However, it has potential to be a great implement to a more stealthy gameplay and add more depth to the game. Thoughts and comments are welcomed.

Does anyone actually use the enemy or loot radar mods? With how much power other mods can add to your frame, I don't think I could ever bring myself to waste a slot on them. Maybe if they were part of a combo mod, but I haven't seen them except as standalones.

Does anyone actually use the enemy or loot radar mods? With how much power other mods can add to your frame, I don't think I could ever bring myself to waste a slot on them. Maybe if they were part of a combo mod, but I haven't seen them except as standalones.

I'm using a blue warframe mod that has melee damage and radar on it right now. So yes they do occur in combinations.

was thinking about the radar, at the moment when a friendly warframe within a certain range is behind a wall he is highlighted in blue for us to see.... why dont you make enemys with enemy radar highlight in red through walls on screen, this way the size of the map wont be much of a problem, same for loot just have breakable items always highlighted within range and through walls.

Edited by STARSBarry

• 2 weeks later...

was thinking about the radar, at the moment when a friendly warframe within a certain range is behind a wall he is highlighted in blue for us to see.... why dont you make enemys with enemy radar highlight in red through walls on screen, this way the size of the map wont be much of a problem, same for loot just have breakable items always highlighted within range and through walls.

I second this

Wouldn't that get confusing REAL fast? Especially with infested waves, and you're sitting at a T junction (the ones with breakable windows), and infested are swarming in from all three branch paths. I would think those with slower rigs would be graphically swarmed. It's already kind of weird seeing those blue silhouettes run in and outof sight, with a swarm of red ones might take some getting used to.

However, no harm in giving us an option to turn this on and off.

Also, now that the minimap is getting an overhaul, I'm sure enemy radar just became way more useful than before.