The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Faction: Space Pirates

Vard

First off we have the Skallywag Sentinel,

parrotab.jpg

and next...

Apologies for not reading the whole thread, but do we have Space Dinos on the radar yet? Where there's Ninjas, there's Pirates. Where's Pirates, there better be Dinosaurs with lasers on their head!

divinepw.jpg

THE DIVINE BEAST

created by the Orokin during the war against the Sapience, this beast is a mixture of eons old DNA, Purestrain Infection matter and Orokin cybernetics. Rumored to be their greatest warrior, it resides in stasis at the top of the fabled fourth tower.

Edited by ValhaHazred

I have got to be careful what I say on here. :D That Orokin Rex looks amazing...now to convince people here to have Dinos in the game, gulp.

As long as you don't include dinos like triceratops or pterodactyls, why not. T-Rex is always cool :P

Why dinosaurs but not space pirates/raiders though? Odd choice.

Edited by CapricaSix

On a more neutral side, maybe the Grineer could have some "dinosaur-ish" animals/lizards on their outposts. Horses and the like might have fared ill in space and so the resorted to a more primitive and "rigid" form. As they are well versed in the art of cloning and biomechanic-augmentation perhaps the "simple" dna-strains of the dinosaurs provided a "fast to grow" bio-source. Unfortunatly the strains were a bit to unstable and so they were mixed with some other more controllable creatures and a new biolgically engineered species was created.

I envision it as some kind of herbivore quad-ped carrying large masses of equipment/personel (not more than 6-8). Possibly some Bi-ped 1-manned riders (star wars hoth-creature style)

NO: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ot2E-EUZnnY/TPI4sbSbhaI/AAAAAAAAHeo/KrNcfucPP_w/s1600/Dinoriders_Brontosaurus.gif

More like: http://www.rebelscale.com/customs/unaffiliated/creatures1.jpg
and:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070113183424/starwars/images/thumb/e/e0/Luketauntaun.jpg/180px-Luketauntaun.jpg

But in a more Lizard/Dino-fashion of course.

Edited by Lactamid

Hmm could we actually get Dino's? Or at least the pirates (the pirates have actually been rather well thought out in this thread) but dino's......that's a hard sell man. I'd love it but, good luck getting traction. Would be fun as minibosses though!

Geeze, corpus geneticists have setup a wildlife preserve on a space island......

On a more neutral side, maybe the Grineer could have some "dinosaur-ish" animals/lizards on their outposts. Horses and the like might have fared ill in space and so the resorted to a more primitive and "rigid" form. As they are well versed in the art of cloning and biomechanic-augmentation perhaps the "simple" dna-strains of the dinosaurs provided a "fast to grow" bio-source. Unfortunatly the strains were a bit to unstable and so they were mixed with some other more controllable creatures and a new biolgically engineered species was created.

I envision it as some kind of herbivore quad-ped carrying large masses of equipment/personel (not more than 6-8). Possibly some Bi-ped 1-manned riders (star wars hoth-creature style)

NO: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ot2E-EUZnnY/TPI4sbSbhaI/AAAAAAAAHeo/KrNcfucPP_w/s1600/Dinoriders_Brontosaurus.gif

More like: http://www.rebelscale.com/customs/unaffiliated/creatures1.jpg

and:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070113183424/starwars/images/thumb/e/e0/Luketauntaun.jpg/180px-Luketauntaun.jpg

But in a more Lizard/Dino-fashion of course.

Oh crap I forgot the Grineer used to be cloning wiz's! You could sell lizards in the new desert planetside tile set e-z-p-z problem solved.

Geeze, corpus geneticists have setup a wildlife preserve on a space island......

I'd bet my plats on dinos being a part of Infested army :P but either one works. Just not sure how a Jurrassic Park themed corpus complex would fit into the game lol

I'd bet my plats on dinos being a part of Infested army :P but either one works. Just not sure how a Jurrassic Park themed corpus complex would fit into the game lol

lol yeah it wouldn't but the joke was too good not to use :)

Infested dino's would be all weird and have tentacles like the rest of the infested (first time I stepped into a tentacle ship map I thought I stepped off a plane into a Japanese airport lol) but the grineer and their cloning making pack animals for their desert colonies like that guy suggested - that's sensible.

And to the guy who mentioned those cargo ospreys as minibosses - hellz to the yes. +1

Haha, a dino-space-zombie could be pretty though! We will have to watch out :)

lol yeah it wouldn't but the joke was too good not to use :)

Infested dino's would be all weird and have tentacles like the rest of the infested (first time I stepped into a tentacle ship map I thought I stepped off a plane into a Japanese airport lol) but the grineer and their cloning making pack animals for their desert colonies like that guy suggested - that's sensible.

And to the guy who mentioned those cargo ospreys as minibosses - hellz to the yes. +1

I'm always looking at that corpus ship that you can see "a bit to the right" when you're on Kiliken on the outside map with the melting snow.

HUUUUGE FIELDRON SAMPLES! (or mutagen/detonite)