The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Faction: Space Pirates

Vard

Hrm... from what I saw in that intro video, Grineer already sort of seem like Space Pirates. They're going around looking for Oroking tech to loot and steal, that's pirating isn't it?

No the Grineer are a Military faction. They are unified and organized. Space pirates would travel in separate, ((possibly rival)) gangs, and be more Chaotic evil than the Grineer. 

The Grineer may steal orokin tech, but a pirate would think more along the lines of  "Hey look a ship, I don't know what they have, but I want to steal whatever it is"

Each group of pirates would likely have their own medium/big ship,  not an armada like the Grineer.

The pirates as i stated in OP wouldn't have QUITE as many guns, they'd use melee alot, because not being scientist or Military,  Ammo isnt quite as easy to get. A humanoid faction that uses alot of melee weapons could make interesting new types of foes.

Just a mechanic of "Enemies are invading the ship" would be lovely. But I would like to see Space Pirates! They would have a grineer like look to them using bits of salvaged parts, a lot of their armor would probably look hand made and held on by duct tape. It would be a remodeling of the Grineer soldiers to have more missing bits of armor, maybe a bit more...pipe like structures on them for some reason. Their "Heavy Gunner" could look something like the big corpus guys but beefier and with a gorgon.

And lots of melee, LOTS OF MELEE! 

A few livestreams they've vaguely mention a new faction while holding back from mentioning any details. and Rebecca said Steve and others were "Pirating" taking over the broadcast....

She said pirate like 3 different times.... almost as if on purpose

A few livestreams they've vaguely mention a new faction while holding back from mentioning any details. and Rebecca said Steve and others were "Pirating" taking over the broadcast....

Lol I thought about that too. "Yarr" - OMG! Now where did I hear that before? XD

Lol I thought about that too. "Yarr" - OMG! Now where did I hear that before? XD

I was wondering if it was just me. but hopefully this gets into the game i mean c'mon its 20 pages long to crying out loud hard not to notice a thread this long

Aaaand that's my cue to man up and sit a few hours staring at the screen until my now-S#&$ty internet gets the video.

Think of it as trip back in time ;) try to imitate that old sexy modem dialing up: eyäääääyyyyyyy-öööheee-eeeii-bleep-bluuheup-blipp-blab-blupp-blupp-beep-bhap-eeeyyy-chadda-dinga-dinga

WUHU! I'm on the INTERNET! time to wait for that jpg to load while i go out making some 3 course dinner

Nha. Grineer are to mainstream XD

We want some odd faction.

try a race that was Tendo Arch-enemy that similar to us come back to life 

(other game example: Eldar vs Dark Eldar from DoW, Soviet vs Yuri from Red aleart 2....)

So if there was a piratey warframe. What would his abilities be?

#1 Man Overboard! - Warframe pushes a single target in melee range and hurls it at a nearby enemy group, knocking them down and dealing light damage. This can be done to your mates as well.

#2 Yarr! - Yarr! {or all your mateys become %50 faster for 15 seconds}

#3 Parley - All the enemies around stop attacking and behave civilised for 10 seconds

#4 Scurvy - 10 metre AoE Poison that spreads as the enemies run into each other and constantly takes out from their health until they're dead, it doesn't go away.

#1 Man Overboard! - Warframe pushes a single target in melee range and hurls it at a nearby enemy group, knocking them down and dealing light damage. This can be done to your mates as well.

#2 Yarr! - Yarr! {or all your mateys become %50 faster for 15 seconds}

#3 Parley - All the enemies around stop attacking and behave civilised for 10 seconds

#4 Scurvy - 10 metre AoE Poison that spreads as the enemies run into each other and constantly takes out from their health until they're dead, it doesn't go away.

this brightened my day

Now I don’t mean cartoonish sailors who talk like "YARR, AVAST YE MATEYS HOIST THE MAIN SAIL" and have parrots and frilly clothes. No, I mean space bandits, thieves and murderers.

These space pirates would often be found having forcefully boarded other spaceships,

This gives us an opportunity to see friendly space stations, and these missions would usually be Exterminate.

You know how Lotus will sometimes change your objective? Pirates will change your mission too. Every so often, some unlucky bunch of pirates will get the dim-witted idea to try to take over a ship with YOU onboard, in the middle of your mission.

Your objective would usually stay the same when this happens, but it would certainly spice things up to have pirates shooting up the place in a hectic 3-way fight

Also there would be missions where you board the pirate’s ships directly, which would be rusty, scrappy metal ships. These levels could have most of the standard mission types.

These pirates would use mostly light armor, sometimes heavy, and would possibly have a few more melee units than your typical enemy group. They would come with their own new weapons too. Some of which you could buy in the store or craft. I’m still not sure what exact types of weapons they should use, but they definitely need to have some of their own weapons, though others could obviously be stolen.

Its beautiful *begins to cry in happiness*