The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Faction: Space Pirates

Vard

hmm... this gives me an idea - why wouldn`t the bosses (or maybe just heavies/elites) of this rag-tag group of misfits have some salvaged warframe pieces, so they can use a low-power version of our skills... would be awesomely sick, imho...

Or just chuck said peices at us when their energy runs out. 

A few months back, I brainstormed an idea of a 4th pirate faction, but didn't really decide to put it up until I saw this thread, it was simply a little thing I envisioned. Well, here it is...

New Faction – Space Junkies “Junkers”

Guerilla-like tactics

-         Tear Gas

-         Hidden Traps

-         Ambush tactics

Their Ships are based off of pirate ships

Composed of Ex-Grinner, Corpus, and Tenno units

Units

Light: Trapper/Chemist/Cutter

Medium: Looter/Scavenger/Blunderbuss/Avenger

Heavy: Brute/Torque/Hordemaster

New Faction – Space Junkies “Junkers”

Space Junkies sounds like a bunch of dudes that got high on hash brownies/space cakes... Or you know, just addicts, but in space. Semantics aside, I'm not really sure why would pirates be so fond of "junk", their makeshift gear and ships may seem like junk but why would they call it junk? Doesn't sound very intimidating lol. They're supposed to be raiding and stealing good stuff from Corpus and Grineer, at least according to OP :P

well yeah... they don`t really have junk. they might have a jury rigged gun that does tonnes of damage but is totes inaccurate... you know, they should have makeshift weapons that are super-extra awesome in one aspect but totally suck in another. like a combo of the grineer grakata and corpus dera. that the`yd kombine the two together, to get a fast shooting, high power, inaccurate laser assault rifle... the derakata... :D

One Piece vs Naruto? So where the Bleach and Fairy tail..

Forget what I said.

Vard your wish is granted. There is an enemy call Stalker which appear out of dark smoke in any mission. Kill him before he get you.

By the way I love the 3 way fighting. There is 3 faction Grineer, Corpus and Infested.

Yes Lotus sometime will change mission objective which I think is very good.

Example 1:

So maybe we are now in a Grineer Spy mission to collect some data.

Than suddenly Infested came in and destory anything it run into (including attacking the Grineer)

So Grineer will attack them and attack us at the same time, More like 3 way battle.

Our mission is still to retrived the data.

But If the Infested manage to destory the data before we could steal the data, We failed the mission.

Example 2:

We in a rescue mission at Corpus.

Our objective is to rescue the hostages.

But sunndenly Grineer appear and also aiming to reccue or kill the hostages.

So we have to find the hostages fast and rescues them before Grineer make the way first.

But Corpus wouldn't be sitting there, they will Kill whoever stand in their base.

Our mission is to rescue the hostages.

If the Grineer make their way first and kill it, we will failed the mission.

Example 3

Defense mission at Corpus.

While defense the POD from Corpus, Grineer and Infested appear.

All 3 rush to attack the POD. all poor tennos have to protect the POD from all enemies.

you are encouraging premade groups or just encouraging rushers. + some flamers from the near future when this out.

Now I even regret asking lol, I'm sure it'd be interesting though, if you can hit anything at all that is.

Why regret?

If you hit something, the gun deals existentialism damage. the enemy who is hit starts to ponder about how does the gun even work, why would someone make something like that, what is his role in all this, and why is he the way he is... :D

Edited by Psychotoxin

jungle_marine_by_johnmccambridge-d46kac1

So far, this is my favorite Concept art.  Id love to see less camo, and more scrap metal, or random warframe bits, maybe even a leather coat. Something to make him look more modern pirate

If someone can truly capture the Warframe Space Pirate image with a concept art,, i Will credit you and put it in the OP

HEY is this original art? or is it from something else?

If its original ill put it on the front page right now

Edited by Vard

That would make them too similar to Tenno, as you said yourself Tauxi... What i'm thinking here is people with make-shift military equipment and a lot moire of reckless abandon. They would have pieced-together space suits and scraped weaponry. Hell, maybe they could even be the last remnant of the real human race of the Sol System, kind of giving them a "Rebelious Resistance" vibe. Though truth be told, anything from here on would be me trying to push more Roleplaying into the game.

I'm just saying, i imagine Space Pirates not as a super-organized almost military-like force as in Metroid Prime, more like a band of Orks from Warhammer 40k! I just love those damn Orks!

WAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!

Srry, just love de boyz