Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Faction: Space Pirates

Vard

Gonna have to say space pirates with space scurvy and solar sails would be pretty intresting. Could have the rare chance of say, having the level invaded by a famous space pirate captain (Space Blackbeard anyone?) and having the chance to drop piratey type blueprints for weapons (space cutlass?)

Gonna have to say space pirates with space scurvy and solar sails would be pretty intresting. Could have the rare chance of say, having the level invaded by a famous space pirate captain (Space Blackbeard anyone?) and having the chance to drop piratey type blueprints for weapons (space cutlass?)

I think someone's been having too many space cakes ;P

If you really want a new faction , i think a enemy like the Eldar or dark eldar from w40k would be a chalenge for tenno ! :)

Eldar as the enemy?! sod that, I want playable Eldar-like warframes! Banshees and Warp Spiders, oh fun >;o

Although Dark Eldar would fit in perfectly with the "space pirate theme". Even their ships look like galleons floating in space.

Why can't we have both?

Because that would take twice as much time at a minimum, and we already have existing assets that need tweaking and polishing. We could add several factions, but they would become bland and uninteresting within days if they don't have depth.

Eldar as the enemy?! sod that, I want playable Eldar-like warframes! Banshees and Warp Spiders, oh fun >;o

Although Dark Eldar would fit in perfectly with the "space pirate theme". Even their ships look like galleons floating in space.

yep dark eldar would be perfect as space pirates.

Eldar as enemy would be fun. They would be like " the rivals , the worst enemy of tennos since the begening" ( because tenno's helmet seems to be inspire by eldar)

and seriously ... imagine : you ll fight an exarch spectral spider or Farseer etc .. epic fight ( for epic win of course :D )

sometime we must accept that tenno musn t have the power of eldar just to let them have great enemy :) ( exept if you creat epic enemy )

A nice new gameplay would have you begin at the end of a previous mission. But this time, spaces pirates are here to fight your ennemy, and as you go through the ship, you may find conflict. Sometime, an event like a rupture of the hull may happen, creating a vortex which you have to escape from. You may have to use a lever to action a door, but it is blocked, so you have to wait and resist the time it unlock. Of course, all woud be done dynamically, maybe with a count down, and random ennemy spawn.

Or you could compete against a team of artefact-scavenging thugs, killing ennemy before thay can get to it. If you manage to retrieve the artefact before them, you have to get out alive. But otherwise you need to pursue them and take it.

Also as a name for them, I propose the Solar Syndicate(for thugs and assasins) and Grineer Revolutionary Army/GRA(for the resistant idea).

Still finding an archetype is kinda hard, but I think number would be quite good. Like not a good armor, not many lives, same for shield, but tons and tons of ennemy. That would be a fitting for pirates: Outnumbering ennemies no matter what the cost... There also maybe mining equipement reconverted for close/medium ranged combat. Like a drill, or a sonic blaster.

i love the idea but i was thinking a primative tenno like how in HALO the odst's were the $#@%& before the spartens and now since there useless they steal of the corpus and grineer to survive which would make them wield weapons from both and crude mixes of both

wow people really seam to like my pirate idea. Thanks everyone!

Heres hoping these crazy chaotic bastards can crash into our game someday!

Someone mentioned an infamous pirate captain.

How about naming this infamous dread pirate "Captain Vard"?

:)

Edited by Vard

And the pirate faction would obviously drop a blueprint for a scimitar

I think it's actually cutlass or a sabre rather than scimitar, as they were widely used by the european navy back then, scimitar is more mid-eastern if I'm not mistaken. The japanese pirates in animes often seem to use scimitar though, but what do they know :P

Edit: Aha, wiki to rescue http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutlass#History_and_use

Edited by CapricaSix

Hmm after reading a good number of posts, I confess to not all of them, I do agree the "Space pirate" (notice the quotes please) would be a totally viable adversary for the tenno and lead to crazy fun mexican stand offs...well not so much stand-off since we tenno will be totally going for the kill to both sides once they showed their faces.

As for a look, yes I do agree these "pirates" or bandits, should be of previous militant or such background. Thus pillaging and stealing arms, equipment and whatnot is the most likely means for them to continue their trade. To which, my dear warframe community, I wish to present you with a reclassification of the possible new faction...

Junkers or (as I like to dub them) Red Collective

Junkers is an obvious name but as to the name "Red Collective":

Red = The rust their stolen goods accumulate due to lack of materials to maintain them

Collective = 1.They are probably a rag tag bunch of like minded individuals who 2. Tired of their "orderly" lives as Grineer grunts or Corpus mechanics.

Come on devs, don't fail me now. I freely give my ideas in hopes they will be answered. An email of thanks is always awesome though.

Hmm after reading a good number of posts, I confess to not all of them, I do agree the "Space pirate" (notice the quotes please) would be a totally viable adversary for the tenno and lead to crazy fun mexican stand offs...well not so much stand-off since we tenno will be totally going for the kill to both sides once they showed their faces.

As for a look, yes I do agree these "pirates" or bandits, should be of previous militant or such background. Thus pillaging and stealing arms, equipment and whatnot is the most likely means for them to continue their trade. To which, my dear warframe community, I wish to present you with a reclassification of the possible new faction...

Junkers or (as I like to dub them) Red Collective

Junkers is an obvious name but as to the name "Red Collective":

Red = The rust their stolen goods accumulate due to lack of materials to maintain them

Collective = 1.They are probably a rag tag bunch of like minded individuals who 2. Tired of their "orderly" lives as Grineer grunts or Corpus mechanics.

Come on devs, don't fail me now. I freely give my ideas in hopes they will be answered. An email of thanks is always awesome though.

Theres probably more to this world than Corpus and Grineer tho,

The game is only in it's early stages.