Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Faction: Space Pirates

Vard

Since this text format got your attention please read it. :D

Space pirates could be in alert mission, where friendly ship being attacked and it needs to be defended, maybe?
Or another version where pirates are in small group, well-armed, high levels and you just meet them sometimes during mission. They do not attack you, because they came to loot stuff from ship and pirates didn't expect you. Pirates would say something like - "Don't come closer if u want to be spared, this isn’t your ship!". There you have option to attack or not to.
Attacking them it would be hard, but well rewarded, from other side you can leave them with chance to finish mission with out possibilities to die and fail mission.
Sounds like a really big coding here :D But it would be more interesting just like stal...brahfkfsdfhuyqqw................

Edited by XtrimeZ

I'm liking where this going. Having more dynamics during missions such as invading third parties or other external events is a great way to spruce up the missions. It has gotten me to think about Faster Than Light, where many things occur at random to make the journey less predictable. Having Rogue-like elements never seems to be a bad idea.

Aside from space pirates or raiders, what about mercenaries or some military group. Folks that come specifically after you, maybe even setup ambushes in missions, clearing an area of baddies in their wake (observant players will notice something is wrong i.e. too quiet, dead bodies on the floor, ship announcements, gunfire, etc), or even collaborating with the local inhabitants occasionally (everybody hates us anyway). Anything that will force you to keep you on your toes and be adaptable.

[size=4]Space pirates could be in alert mission, where friendly ship being attacked and it needs to be defended, maybe?[/size]

[size=4]Or another version where pirates are in small group, well-armed, high levels and you just meet them sometimes during mission. They do not attack you, because they came to loot stuff from ship and pirates didn't expect you. Pirates would say something like - "Don't come closer if u want to be spared, this isn’t your ship!". There you have option to attack or not to.[/size]

[size=4]Attacking them it would be hard, but well rewarded, from other side you can leave them with chance to finish mission with out possibilities to die and fail mission.[/size]

[size=4]Sounds like a really big coding here :D But it would be more interesting just like stalker. [/size]

Nice one, it could also affect regular ongoing missions, like how Grineer attacks when we're on a Sabotage mission in some Corpus ship, Pirates could just invade our mission more often than either one of the current factions :P maybe in smaller numbers but more frequently during the mission, like small boarding parties.

Pirates:

Captain - Larger, rather heavily armored, but still not "slow" character that wields both close range and mid/long range weapons.

Can use grapling hook (it's a pirate, they have hooks!) to draw you in somewhat like commanders but without the switch and not "magnetic" like mag, they can miss if you dodge. Also has super annoying flashbangs that they THROW.

Cannoneer:

Big gun pirate that fires clusterbombs, has meduim health, shields and armor - slow.

Hullbreaker:

Ultraheavy melee walker-machine with S#&$loads of armor. Has weakspots from the back and a small "driver headshot" window.

Can drill ground to make aiming harder (shakes) and doe medium aoe-damage around it.

Hoarder:

Usual crewman but with a higher droprate on credits/pickups. Can drop mines.

Pirate:

Standard unit - saberwielding or semi-auto rifle, has kick-attack that knocks you down.

Havoc:

Female pirate - agile, wallruns. Submachine gun.

Has a "lasso" attack that wraps around your feet and draws you near for a big melee hit. If lassoed you end up lying on the floor as you do when you're down - you can use your secondary to take down Havoc.

Last but not least.

Prototype droid.

Half finished, make do droid. Moves very sporadic, sometimes in spiderlike manner clinging to the roof.

More of a rare drop down - S#&$ your pants enemy. Makes weird noices to alert you there can be one onboard - but you just dont know were...won't show up on radar.

Havoc:

Female pirate - agile, wallruns. Submachine gun.

Has a "lasso" attack that wraps around your feet and draws you near for a big melee hit. If lassoed you end up lying on the floor as you do when you're down - you can use your secondary to take down Havoc.

A wallrunning fast female enemy ;o lovely. Why lasso though..? Sounds like she'll be the third most annoying enemy right after the Seeker Nervos and Grinders with that skill.

Hehe, honestly I don't know, but someone has to be annoying right? Besides she won't be that hard to kill when yuo get lassoed she'll be standing still and have low HP. Light unit. It's the others that will provide damage. But I'm up for any ideas. This was something I wrote as I read the post.

Serif fonts on a computer are harder to read than sans seriph.

actually didnt read it because it annoyed this graphic designers eyes.

(Serif = frilly letters, sans serif = no frills, Like the font i am using now)

Not sure why hasn't been mentioned. But if space pirate....

4FCU6MM.jpg

On a more serious note, they can be human remanents of the old earth, genetically unmodified, but doesn't have special genes like the Tenno either. Just space-colonizing humans caught between the conflicts of the Grineer Empire, the Corpus and the Infestation, trying to eek out a living by illegally trading/smuggling/plundering any and all people.

Edited by Gestalt

sailors who talk like "YARR, AVAST YE MATEYS HOIST THE MAIN SAIL" and have parrots and frilly clothes.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I clicked this thread :3

But other than that, it would be pretty sick. A faction who used to be marines, but whom are now survivors and the only way they can 'survive' is to get resources from other ships - because that's what they know the most, fighting.

I like the idea of Humans who trying to reclaim they planets and rebuild empire.

I think that DE can use some of Dark sector concepts

http://images2.wikia...k_sector_46.jpg

http://images.wikia....k-sector-02.jpg

http://images2.wikia...8/81/Dark10.jpg

I tried to make an backstory

N.H.E (nova human empire ) simply NovA , Humans who survive a great (infested ) pleadge .

Now united NovA soldiers try to rebuild Human empire .

they wear Gasmasks and use fire based weapons and Energy shields

Edited by Urizjel

YES, NINJAS VERSUS PIRATES!

I agree with most of these ideas: ramshackle equipment and an extremely aggressive personality.

Heres my suggestion: make them similar to the infested enemy type, but only slightly more in number. Just imagine a bunch of angry space pirates firing their guns away and charging at the tenno with a fierce battlecry and melee weapons! :D

With the ideas I see I think bandit woul be a more proper term. And @ potshot, they should be like a ranged version of Infested, they swarm you with with gunfire rather then melee.

Edited by Coffee009

You just want to see pirates vs ninjas.

I don't blame you lol, not bad idea.

This game could use a faction that made you feel like the hunted though, where halfway through your objective faction x joins the fight and you have to try escape and evading them rather than butcher everything in your way like cattle.

You just want to see pirates vs ninjas.

I don't blame you lol, not bad idea.

This game could use a faction that made you feel like the hunted though, where halfway through your objective faction x joins the fight and you have to try escape and evading them rather than butcher everything in your way like cattle.

Maybe they could be robot pirates? Sort of a long-lost automated colonizing fleet, that eventually evolved into pack mentality and scavenging eachother's ships for parts and servicebots?

ok i like the aidea abouth raiders but it need osme tweaking. i cna se they get onto a greneer ship maybe if they have low tech unless you go the way that they stolen ship from corpus/greneers then it coud work else you woud wonder how coud they even get on to the ship :)

abouth the idea abouth they are the remenant of the old human race and want to rebuild the human empire i woud rather split them like you have the space pirats, the teeno is more mersinares ennyway than pirat like one did say. how you coud have an faction that want to reclaim earth ech is something along when the greneer did takee over earth some ran in spaceship went for another solar system and settled there now after 1000-5000 year ore something maybe whoi knows :D they back to reclaim the lost homeworld. maybe its an invasion force attacking sol system? maybe they are runing from something in the other starsystem? maybe they had forgothen abouth earth and tryd to find new spot to settle meaning run from desaster another sol system? i se aloth of things that woud make sense that dont seem like chanse of that happening is 0.000001 :) best part is something like that you can actualy se coud have happend and you wont have that what how on earth is that posseble ech :)

Well, they could be a colonizing force, that got overly centered around their fleet and living in it, hence being sort-of pirates, that see ships like  opportunities to loot, and don't have any colonized planets or such because it just looks weird to them to now be able to steer your habitat. Having an oldschool (for someone 5000 years ahead, lol) look to them would just emphasize that. Maybe a faction with bulky nigh-impenetrable armour all over but barely any shields (because, IMHO, discovery of such shield technology is what could have changed the battles to having such mobile and brittle armours), and big weakness to cold (since space is quite cozy really. if you don't mind all the ionizing radiation). So, sort of a corpus-like feel to them, I guess. But with dark maps, many traps and relatively rare enemies, that always try to get you into an ambush or use some stationary heavy weaponry against you?