Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Everyone Actually Means When They Say 'token System'?

Luminati07

epic snip

The Prime stuff needs to first be upgrade to actual 'epic loot' status, meaning they need to be unquestionably better then the standard counter part and as of right now only a small hand full of Prime Frames or weapons are anything more then a cosmetically different variant. They all don't need to be Loki levels of broken/OP but enough of an upgrade that a Prime is clearly better at a glance.

There also needs to be a lot more of it, time will resolve this issue.

I hate token system.

With RNG, I might get what I want this run, might be next run, might be 10 runs...who knows its RNG...ill run something because I might get it that run.

With a token system I look and see "well I need to run this exactly 15 times to get what I want" and that becomes a major drag.  There is zero chance ill receive what I want any time before I grind out the currency. 

This takes away the surprise, the hope, the chance I could get what I need or want on any given run.

People are dumb if you think adding a token system is going to get you those rare drops faster...it will take longer...and now you will know exactly how many pointless runs are between you and that item...

Its the same thing with invasions.  I need to run the damn thing 5 times to get the reward, chances are unless I want to do that mission, or desperately need to reward, ill skip it and go roll the dice on a boss drop or something else.

I know RNG gets a bad name, because the instant gratification kids hate having to play the game for stuff, but a token system isn't going to save you from playing the game any more than RNG...all its doing is 100% removing your chance to get that item next run, and turning it to a known grind.

Also, ive been in ARPG games for ages, I know how this works with this crowd.  people continually inflate how long getting something takes, blames RNG as the worst thing ever, then tries to create some silly system where in their head they think they will achieve what they want without the painfull process of playing the game.

Also how many people here LOVE oxium farming for zephyr...wouldn't you rather it be three RNG drops from a boss rather than a "token" grind?  I know damn well that RNG isn't as horrible as most make it out, in fact, I tend to get what I need in a relatively short period of time, with the occasional unicorn drop taking forever....ether way, that item is potentially just one run away rather than X amount needed to grind silly tokens.

Hell I might still be in FFXIV if I knew I didn't have to run CM 50 times to get the tokens I needed...which was a really fun dungeon the first 10 times...same with AK...token ruined it, I knew for a fact that I wasn't getting what I wanted for X number of runs and that kinda sucked the fun out of it.

Edited by Cyberdown

I hate token system.

With RNG, I might get what I want this run, might be next run, might be 10 runs...who knows its RNG...ill run something because I might get it that run.

With a token system I look and see "well I need to run this exactly 15 times to get what I want" and that becomes a major drag.  There is zero chance ill receive what I want any time before I grind out the currency. 

I have mentioned many times that my proposal is not a replacement for RNG.

It's not a case of you must grind out x missions to get the parts you want.

Or are you just describing your interpretation of token systems when you hear the name?

Edited by Nugget_

I have mentioned many times that my proposal is not a replacement for RNG.

It's not a case of you must grind out x missions to get the parts you want.

Or are you just describing your interpretation of token systems when you hear the name?

_That_doesn't_matter_

The effect applies anyway. The focus becomes the tokens and the impact of a random win is lessened, you are not dealing with rational actors here you are dealing with the _feeling_ of being rewarded.

None of your "fixes" (delays, retaining drops) actually fix the problems with tokens. You have not proposed a viable solution.

Edited by SilentMobius

The token system is also brilliant because it will HELP prime trading. It will create stable prices because there will be a set amount of grind required to get primes. Players will be a price range based on that amount of grind. There won't be people getting their primes in 4 runs and others in hundreds of runs. 

You have my +1 even though I don't necessarily agree with your placeholder numbers.

The token system is also brilliant because it will HELP prime trading. It will create stable prices because there will be a set amount of grind required to get primes. Players will be a price range based on that amount of grind. There won't be people getting their primes in 4 runs and others in hundreds of runs. 

You have my +1 even though I don't necessarily agree with your placeholder numbers.

I get where you're coming from, but I'd rather Prime trading was just removed.

At least until we have some actual endgame. That way, Prime gear can act as the "low tier" of endgame weaponry, while actual endgame has some skill/dedication requirement.

Either way, I am against Prime trading.

• 1 month later...

Supporttttt. Maybe add 1 Orokin Savage to T2 while taking away 1 Damaged. That way, playing T2 missions is not quite as effective at T3 for rare gear but would be am excellent option for mid-level players or for those who are new to the Void and Prime gear. I have been contemplating making a large feedback post sometime soon and may discuss Token systems in it. I will cite this thread. I would discuss more but I'm not at a computer right now so X) good post +1

Edited by FinnishHim