Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Livestream #20

[DE]Rebecca

Livestream #20: Dev Q&A! 

Who? Sheldon, Scott, Steve, and Geoff join Rebecca on the couch for a Developer Q&A.

What: We will be kicking off 2014 with a Q&A Session and sharing information on all things Warframe! We will also be giving out three 1000 Platinum Prizes!

Where? Tune in live at http://twitch.tv/warframe

When? Friday, January 10th at 2:00PM EST (GMT-5)! Find your Timezone here: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Please post your questions here, thread closes on January 10th @ 10:00 AM EST!

Yes!

Thanks you devs, party for 20?

Holiday pictures!?!

Now, sorry all for myriad questions, just have much to ask as this holiday has been quite a mash up.

When is the solar system's most popular con-artist, Darvo reaching us once more?

...How is...Booben formed...

Is Hek going to start a rapwar with Bek because it rhymes?

I can see it now...

Anyways, I digress..

[serious questions coming]

-

Have any other systems to show than RnG? I ask this question from the members, not me alone. 

-

Will the Queens ever have more show in here? I know this is too early, yet we have seen Corpus, why not

Grineer?

-

Vors key lore coming?

-

Melee 2.0 in U12?

-

New warframe? *hint hint*

-

New boss rework?

I honestly would be fond if the boss with the Ogris, forgot her name, had some more storyline in?

-

More information on the Harvester? Something? I have a whole thread I am working on it, sure you've seen it.

Speaking of Harvester, is there going to be other lore than just Alad V, he is stupendous and such, although we need more 

one thing. Lore is like food, and you can't have too much of one faction.

-

Is there ever going to be new areas with new Earth, such as old human civilizations with some humans in, and 

also animals too? I know someone said regular humans exist. Now would be a great time to work on them as Earth is where

it all started.

-

Can you tell us anything on the defense rewards that is "on the table" currently?

Now that I thought of it, defense is pointless mostly if survival give rewards that you do not have to chose over.

-

Anything on the new faction I heard a while ago, I attended every livestream as I have been here. I know many droll over this 

one.

-

As I first started this game, Brahmastra thanks for reminding me, I wondered, what if we run out of room?

The planets can't all be in there at once if we decide to grow larger.

Will there be more solar systems, also meaning aliens and even higher tier systems as well?

I know starbound has a nice version of this, were you climb your way up within power, once ready and obtained a BP from a 

boss, you build it to upgrade your ship to go to another area that is more complex than before.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Faction infested...

I am one of the few Warframe vets whom care for each faction stupendously and greatly.

Honestly, will they have any more lore, anything at least? They have some potential to go out with a bang at least so the 

new faction can replace them.

Also, they are the only faction that does not have a video at all, I know you could do it.

I don't want this game to have infested just be in Warframe for the fact they are zombies.

All factions need love and care, all of them need feelings, from the Stalker's remorse for the Empire to the Grineer pride.

We need infested love.

More coming soon.

Also,

Edited by DERebecca
Removed image

The entire focus of veteran players seems to be constant rushing for the newest gear, leveling it for mastery and doing defense/survival over and over again because they are crowded with enemies. Joining the biggest and the most mindless slaughter seems to be the main goal of the game, because everything people want is obtainable through kills (mods, xp for level-and-sell weapons).

Does this concern you? Don't you want variety and more "spaceninja" gameplay for players instead of blowing hordes upon hordes of enemies? If yes, how are you willing to fix this?

Enemy AI and spawn rates seems to be the main problem for that, so when are we seeing major improvements to those? (besides that "tactical" grineer animation set)

Any general animation or parkour improvements bundled with the melee rework? If not then when?

Edited by Aure7

Questions :

1. When will we get a more rewarding system? There's no point exploring the Void or any map. Lasting longer in a survival or a defense mission won't give you a better reward.

Related thread :

Risk/Reward relation : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147638-de-its-time-to-rethink-the-riskreward-system/

Example of Orokin Derelict Survival : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/152232-orokin-derelict-survival-reward-table-is-a-joke/ (65 upvotes)

2. Are you considering an entry in the codex about the Void/Derelict missions rewards and update it when you change them? With 3 different level : common reward, uncommon, rare. It could even be revealed after X times doing a mission.

Related thread :

Asking for more transparency : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/146359-de-disclose-the-rewards-now/ (132 upvotes)

Fixing void rewards : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/160490-about-fixing-voidderelict-reward-tables/ (first part)

That's all for me.

Edited by matto

Will Nekros be getting any sort of balance pass? His abilities aside from Desecrate are a little lackluster especially compared to other Warframes (even after the AI fix on Shadows of the Dead) making him a bit of a one trick pony, especially compared to his fairly average at best stats.

Got a bunch of them collected:

1. Will we be able to change the spot of the polarities? example: The V polarity is on the 2nd row and the last slot, I want to have it on the first slot of the first row.

2. Will we ever have something like an auto collector for the extractors? Something end-game like as in a ton of credits or plat?

3. Can we get a bar that shows the HP of the extractor while selecting the extractor?

4. Can we get an option so you can switch load out faster (a,b,c) without having to enter the weapons "upgrade"(mod) page
Maybe an extra option behind the equip/upgrade/appearance buttons or in a lobby.

5. Plat that decreases with time passing by on building items.

6. Color lock feature so locked colors wont randomize while others do.

7. Making the Carrier not pick up energy while being disrupted.

8. Fix for afk boys.

9. An easier match making for ODx.

10. Any new solar systems coming up?

Edited by Brahmastra

What are you guys planning to do with the good, the bad, and the ugly that is RNG?

It's a serious issue that still hasn't been addressed, with patches coming out (i.e. Harvester) completely negating your previous statements about wanting to reduce RNG and the amount of grind in the game as a whole, as a result of RNG. 

1) What is the vision for "end game" content? 

2) Is there any inclination to assign specific weapon bonuses when you combine them with certain frames?

3) How much consideration is given to the "balance" weapons?  If so; would more weapon (ie Thunderbolt) specific mods be in order address this or just changes to the weapons themselves?

4) How much consideration is given to lore?  Before adding a new plot/boss/ThingARandomUnitSays into the game, is the existing lore considered?

Edited by Lecompte

Please post your questions here, thread closes on January 10th @ 10:00 AM EST!

Hi Rebecca,

Sent this via forum email, which was unopened. Maybe you'll see it here :)

Hi Rebecca,

Cells - This is Warframe's Endgame is "cell-ebrating" it's 700th upvote today, making it the most player upvoted and followed (to my knowledge & research) thread in Gameplay Feedback.

In the early Oct livestream, you referred to Cells as player-driven content, which is only a small part of the story. Cells is primarily a quest framework for Warframe that uses existing WF systems/assets to give depth, context and unique experiences to the game.

Cells are multi-mission story arcs, attempted by one squad of Tenno, with enhanced challenges and guaranteed rewards. Each Cell has a preset lore-driven story that deepens the players connection and understanding of the Game world. And yes, Cells could eventually be used for player created content, as discussed at the end of the thread.

I'm reaching out to you because I know you're at least remotely aware of Cells and its following. I understand that each upvote for Cells is actually a vote for more depth and content, via a quest-like mechanism. Cells is just one possible solution that happens to be fleshed out enough to garner support. 

My question for you is, will Warframe ever see Cells, or a Cell-like quest mechanic to greatly extend play, and deepen the WF universe? Your customers really appreciate some comment in the thread on whether lore based, repeatable quest-like content is a possibility or if anything is in the works.

Thanks,

Phil

Are you happy with how the infested invasions are working, if not how do you plan to change these or will it go back to the old system of infested being on certain planets?

Updates on the new hud release?

***Will add more as and when I think of them.***

Mod 1.0 had one distinctive advantage over mod cards - mods' stats were randomly generated, which provided players with possibility of collecting more powerful mods, and was small substitute of end-game. With Mod 2.0, each mod is pretty much the same, and if you get one, for example, Serration, you are pretty much set.

My question is - is there a possibility (or plans) of introducing some kind of loot with RNG generated stats? There were few ideas appearing on forums varying from total remake of mod system, adding secondary layer of gun and warframes modifications and giving random stats to fusion cores (and allowing them to be installed).