Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Livestream #20

[DE]Rebecca

Dear DE,

am playing this game since three months now and have come across three questions i would like to ask:

1) Support of Nvidia 3D Vision ? [currently NOT working]

i am a fan of 3D and bought myself recently the active 3D kit playing a few Nvidia 3D ready games with it in the same genre as Warframe [batman Arkham City, new Tomb Rider] and have come addicted to it. when i tryed to run Warframe i had to turn it off allmost immedietly 

the HUD text & pictures are not balanced for the 3D making the reading of text quite hurting & the menus are the same layer. on the other hand the game itself looks grate in 3D! ... would be possible to get you guys a 3D kit and try to tune up the HUD and Lobby to be 3D compatible?

2) More Lore & Story not meaning more Grind or extra rewards. Would it be possible to make a story of each Boss & system to make acctual SENSE of all these Spy, Deception, Sabotaze, Rescue missions?

In my eyes it would be really easy to make a story out of every system and its missions as they are now. What does lotus get from the rescue/capture people? what info is on spy? where they lead the ships and why? etc. By answering this questions you could get a good Lore & Store for every system/boss ... where you first get the informations on who the boss is & why you need him to get away ... the next missions to gether some components for a machine or tool to be able to reach him, then some defence / survival as they found your building/excavation site and you need to defend it ... and in the end the final component crafted and used to reach the boss and maybe some Vault of his which is only reachable when dooing all the story ... it would acctualy be something like a Quest with a quest reward.

you would still be able to do single missions and the boss mission also, just without the Valut open. It does not matter what would be inside. [mabe some market blueprints of weps so you dont need to buy them i dont care] the point is you would have a REASON on WHY you are dooing all the missions in a whole.

3) place to state your ideas is missing on the forums, why?

i have seen a lot of comments on this allready. If the community have ideas how to make this game better, wouldnt it be nice to have a place where they can place it? i havent found a place where to put ideas which would not be lost in thousend of replys of rubbish. why dont make something like you can post just the ideas and other can only vote up for it or someting? with possible feedbeck only from defs if the like it or not?

4) [last] Mod system upgrade with upgrade slots, why not?

this acctualy is not my own idea but as i am more active on the wiki.warframe then here i have followed it there, someone sayint that the actual mod system is dead now. that you need to get only the best mods and the other supportive/alternative mods have no meaning as you have no place for them. In some degree i have to agree.

After reaching Master Level 10 i started to question myself why and what is the logic on master levels? where is the benefit? i could find none [now with the excavators ok, but else?] and then i used these two ideas and make one together.

Upgrade slots for weps and frames. I know it lookes riddicilous and is LARGE in the idea but lissen. What would happen if you would remove such mods as Hush and enemy sence and other supportive and replece them by craftable upgrade modules each in different shape [like tetris] and in each slot of weps and frames make a grid of dont know 6x12 space, which wild be continuesly unlocked by leveling the Master level. Which means that the person with higher master level would get a advancement in UTILITY only when training a new wep/frame in coparioson to a newbee but not any real dps/efectivity

this would give the veteran players some reward for training hard and would make sence to these mods/components again to activly use thiem in the game!

anyway i like this game a lot and am reallly looking foreward how it will evolve in the end!

Your game is already out, whether you want it to be or not. Are there any plans to fix that before you go and completely overhaul more game systems, breaking who knows what else in the process? It's nice that Steve and the rest of the creative team are continuing to support the game, but they are truly out of touch if they think that the problems facing this game will be fixed by adding more new Warframes or completely overhauling some of the few game systems that actually worked in the first place. DE's programmers need the time to "catch up" and fix the game that you already shipped. Please stop trying to create an entirely new one! At least wait until the one you have actually works first.

Totally agree. From this lifestream i'm only waiting for ETA on fixing PS4 version, look at dice - they dropped all projects and spend all programmers time to fix game which already out, not on dlc's.

It's better to wait for new features when game is fully playable, than wait for fix when game becomes completely unplayable after few new features rolled out.

Are you going to fix anything about:

1. Lack of any neutral dmg type

2. Sniper scopes and requirement to use sunglasses to snipe things in void

3. unrewarding stealth gameplay

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. BLEEDING PROC ON SHIELDS WHICH MAKE NO SENSE AT ALL (like what did make you bleed if nothing actually hit you flesh?)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Damage 2.0 and annoying need to switch primary/secondary weapon to take down shield and then health on high lvls

6. how does armor and health types really work?

example:   Grineer Heavy Gunner have 300 points of "cloned flesh" and 500 points of "ferrite

armor" but its impossible to tell when one ends and other start, why cant we see on bar for shield, one bar for armor and one bar for health?

7. orokin derelict O2 drops (7 o2 tank after killing 600+ infested? why?!)

8. fix Ash Blade Storm enemy targeting, OR make it manual like Valkyr's Hysteria !!!!!!!!!!!

9. Puncture dmg to puncture, cause its strange that that kind of dmg is affected by armor, also make corpus crewman head less "indestructible" (mods with Punch Through make you shoot through they head [and possibly kill someone else] but often doesn't deal  dmg to first target), also why Ether weapons wont ignore armor?

10. add damn resource drone hp in drone select menu!!!

11. give players ANY kind of defense, cause we "cant use cover mechanic because warframe is supposed to be fast action game" but enemies have 100% accuracy even when you jump, slide, walrun, also blocking wont do anything (hope melee 2.0 change it)

12. do something about electric type dmg, you made COLD dmg to slow down enemies AND deal more dmg to shields 

To DE:

What are your plans for improving the game's RNG reward system and adding new content besides weapons and Melee 2.0?

Will we get any new areas or storyline that will give more depth to the game? (And on that note, is Vor's Prize still being worked on or has that been trashed?)

What have been the proposed fixes for the Detron drops?

Will you be improving stealth gameplay to encourage players to use it more? (Actual rewards for stealth would be appreciated.)

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

Are there future plans for making your progress through the starchart feel more connected? Flying off in a tenno ship at the end of the mission seems a bit out of place on many maps, will we one day see tenno sneaking aboard a grineer ship as it takes off? or use one of the trams in the mine to go deeper in? maybe even moving from one of the surface maps on earth into a grineer mine! even if we are just finding a way onto what the next node on the star chart is?

Best of luck on the livestream!

Just few questions:-

1) When will the spawn rate of harvester/zanuka get fixed and also what reason for/why after us like stalker, because of us supporting grineer or simply against corpus because he's (alad v ) an outcast, which means he's a target to the corpus faction too right?

2) Same as the above question for detron bp, when will the drop rate get fixed and also, are you going to do something about the barrel/receiver according to the jan 3rd community hot topics suggested ideas applicably?

3) When will we see no " RNG " ?

4) Final question- When will we get city tileset? :D

While I appreciate ODS being looked at, I'm unappreciative that among them was not an increased percentage of rare drops.
I don't mean on the 5-10 minute markers either, since by 10 minutes you get two chances, so for blueprints and pieces, that's fairly reasonable.

But 20 minutes, not only have you managed to wait out in ODS for 20 minutes, with its higher level mobs and rooms that are unbearably difficult to hold up in if you get that tileset with the massive tree maze thing, but you've spent 1.5k for the bp to build the key, 5k + resources to build the key, a minute to wait and many more to possibly gather a group that can handle it as you can't freely join these survival types. 

Now, instead of seeing a C3 or 1.5k credit cache after ripping arguably one of the hardest survival maps, well gee look, 3.5k more credits and an added tier to my fusion core! Still not seeing the rarer drops, and I only get the one chance, at 20 minutes. (Or if your group is competent enough and you didn't get the tileset with the ugly tree maze, you can wait another 20 minutes as the mobs get harder and harder to find ANOTHER 5k and UC3 Fusion Core)

Will you guys be doing anything about RNG in the future?

Any changes to continuous weapons?

Just asking because the new update patch nerfed quite heavily all bit higher proc chance continuous weapons. Now Embolist is just a bad Ignis because of the short range.

Edited by NummiNammi

Waited so long for this livestream and I got some questions for devs :P 

1)   Damage 2.0 is in-game quite a long time now, there where alredy some complaints about it posted on the forums, some players liked it, some players want more. My question is:
If you plan on doing some changes/fixes to the current system, what would be your number one thing to make it even better? Revamped proc chance? Different armor/health stats on some enemies ( infested with armor, corpus with armor, grineer with shields)? My personal thoughts about this new dmg model where like: " Well more physical dmg types, now more weapons will be viable end-game and with changed enemies stats we will have to rely more on melee dmg we have equiped and secondary ( I rly expected to fully use all weapons I carry in high-lvl missions but still, some primaries are nuff for whole missions).

2)  About melee system revamp. Is it going to be simple animation rework with melee leveling rework or are you going to revisit all melee weapons and change their stats to make them equal with primary/secondary weapons? ( Imagine new Nightmares - Melee only ^^  Do want!)  

3) New Invasion feature. Invasion missions are cool! Yes that's all. They lack this depth or require some changes. I know it's still fresh in the game but could be done better, however it's not place for my feedback. Question: What will be your next plan on current invasion missions? What are you going to change to make players really participate in them? 

4) Since 11.3 Infested dissapeared form Star chart. They are now part of the new Invasion 1.0 system. However my question is about different matter. When can we expect new J3-Golem appearance and Phorid remodel and rework ( I guess many players don't want to fight this overgrown Charger)?

5) Simple question about infested again. Are you going to implement new Infested bosses ( we only get Lephantis but for the cost of J3-Golem) ? Lately I have played Dark Sector 'coz I love this game, it's like Warframe prequel. I love Colossus boss when we have to find a way to beat it, I love Stalker fight and last boss fight I like to call Hydra. I'd really love to see similiar bosses in the game :P

6) Steve!!! Reputation system: how and when?

7) I miss old animations when we could see our Tenno flying in this small ship to the enemy ship. Will we see it again?

8) New gamemodes. I know Scott talked something about Sabotage rework so Scott: What new gamemodes(mission types) can we expect in the game? ^^

9) Everybody awaits some news about upcoming Lore in-game. We received some Lore but it's very small amount. I won't ask about Vor's Prize etc. How will you implement Lore in-game? Will it be something original? I beg you, don't do it just-in-Codex-thing. 

10) When can we expect any big Codex update?

Some questions may be very silly but that's what I really expect as for now. Hope some questions will get to our beloved devs^^. Waiting till tomorrow then. 

Edited : Just read few post above me and rememberd few questions. 

11) How is your work on stict NAT issue?

12) Will we ever get update for end-game users? U12.5 or U13, I can wait even till U14 for real end-game that will make me only play and support Warframe above other F2P MMO games I play.

13) Jungle seemed to be very FPS hungry? Will you work on seroius optimalization for it before it comes out?

14) Any ways to make us use ninja- parkour more frequently?

I hope 2014 will bring awesome changes to my favourtie game so far ^^ Once again I hope some of my questions will be answered in the upcoming livestream.

Edited by darkhades2012

Once you build up a good roster of Warframes, are there plans to build more upon previous Warframes?
Via more than four abilities or even Warframe specific mods that aren't considered abilities? (Ex. Glaive only mods)

Movement/Parkour was hinted at by Steve, I believe, in a Dev workshop post. Because this is on the table, I think it's be the right time to talk about the infamous speed nerfs to warframes implemented waaaaay back. 

The grand majority of forumers agree that Gameplay took a hit. The logic behind making an Ash faster than a Rhino is sound, but the decision hurt how the whole game feels. While Warframe is still one of the more fast-paced titles out there, reversing the speed changes would go a long way in improving the feel of the game. I feel that the differences in agility should be shifted over and emphasized with parkour/wall-running mechanics. Making Parkour more fluid would reconcile both stances: Agile frames won't be outdone by heavy frames, and at the same time, heavy frames won't hold the team back.

My question, then, is:

What is DE's stance on the speed nerfs implemented in the past? Are your sentiments the same as they were in the past? How much spam will it take to make you all change your minds?

only 1 question when will the rng be fixed/made into a better system?

do you want people to play 5 hours and dont get anything they want and get sore eyes?

i have some money ready to be used in warframe but i'll only use it if we can get better rng or else i dont think that this game worth the money 

and.... when will warframe get a good storyline? like dark sector? we dont know a thing about the orokin era

SO......its that time again. I have already seen most of my fellow space ninja's have made there say, hopefully I want be repeating too much of what they posted 1st off

I think we need more lore especially regarding Vor's Prize I think he might be feeling left out.

Better rewarding system for survival and defense that drops improve the longer you stay.

New Prime warframe plz :) if you can 

Coming back too lore I think some of it needs to be smoothed out, cause some stuff doesnt make sense like survival on Phobos its an open environment why would you need oxygen to be released unless it put inside a ship or building

Like a couple of posts before it feels like this game is about acquiring gear and that is it! it can get a bit boring when you have most of the gear

And how about new abilties for existing warframes I don't think you intended for them to only have the 4 abilities they have now 

Edited by MiniSpyker

Any chance of a "known bugs" section, where you can cross them off if they get fixed, and add them back when they reappear ?

You could call it a "bug tracker" if you like.

State of the game post ? Ideas for the future ? Path out of beta (even DOTA made it out of beta) ? Hire the Path of Exile devs to rework your cash-in shop ?

Question 1:
Would you be willing to revamp the whole game, as a few threads suggest, by removing enemy levels and damage/defense scaling mods? Do you agree that this would be positive for the game in the long run?

Question 2:
Will we get more weird skins like the Phased ones? If so, will they be colorable? And would you consider making Phased skins adopt energy color?

Yeah there is more than one question per question. Sue me :P