Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Region Locked? Unable To Find Online Squads!

(PSN)Xx-ERA-OF-WAR-xX

I'm loving warframe at the moment, but I am currently experiencing issues when it comes to finding people online. Most of the time (98%) I get "searching for squads" then "waiting for players" then nothing. I even left my ps4 on for an hour waiting for someone, anyone to join and still no one. I have ping set to "no limit" and I have set all ports on router to open. is there anything else I can do? is this related to the lack of players on ps4? or is it because of the region I reside (Australia)?

Edit: any chance of removing region lock in future patch?

Edited by (PS4)Xx-ERA-OF-WAR-xX

So replying to all the above, no NAT warning (NAT type 2) DMZ set up and ping setting as said above was set to no limit (400+ ping). In response to (PS4)LEAFARAMIL i'm not getting any numbers at all (accept around mercury= 4 players total). In total there are only 9 people in local chat. Investigating further it seems like warframe is region locked on the ps4 which would explain why I cant find anyone, because Australia is a small region compared to Europe, America etc. Is there any chance we could remove this region lock? is it really needed?

So replying to all the above, no NAT warning (NAT type 2) DMZ set up and ping setting as said above was set to no limit (400+ ping). In response to (PS4)LEAFARAMIL i'm not getting any numbers at all (accept around mercury= 4 players total). In total there are only 9 people in local chat. Investigating further it seems like warframe is region locked on the ps4 which would explain why I cant find anyone, because Australia is a small region compared to Europe, America etc. Is there any chance we could remove this region lock? is it really needed?

If there is a lock, and the region lock refers to the PSN account (not the location of the player - i'm saying this because i'm playing in Brazil, but my account is from the United States) than this could be the problem. You can make a test. Create a new "ghost" profile on USA's PSN and see how that works. If things change... well... there you have your problem.

If there is a lock, and the region lock refers to the PSN account (not the location of the player - i'm saying this because i'm playing in Brazil, but my account is from the United States) than this could be the problem. You can make a test. Create a new "ghost" profile on USA's PSN and see how that works. If things change... well... there you have your problem.

No need, I can confirm region lock, looked at everyone's profile on local chat. they are all Australian :P

I'm loving warframe at the moment, but I am currently experiencing issues when it comes to finding people online. Most of the time (98%) I get "searching for squads" then "waiting for players" then nothing. I even left my ps4 on for an hour waiting for someone, anyone to join and still no one. I have ping set to "no limit" and I have set all ports on router to open. is there anything else I can do? is this related to the lack of players on ps4? or is it because of the region I reside (Australia)?

Edit: any chance of removing region lock in future patch?

I'm in Germany and I've been having the same issue for 3 days now.

In addition to that i keep getting "Failed to connect to chat server: Unknown socket error: 0" when I open the chat.

The same alert comes up in game too.

• 9 years later...

I have similar issue. I can not invite ,i can not be invited and when i look online clan members (which they are online in chat) seems offline. 

Sometimes after trade or when i join a group by miracle i can find groups easily whole day. But reverse after that day. Even log of-log in method works(it didn't) i don't want to use this method everytime i play.

edit: Nevermind i fixed

Edited by Obsessively
Embarassing