The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Open Letter To De From Your Veterans (The megathread)

--collstro--

over 1000 hours and agree with OP

DE sees this but do we get feedback?

I have most of the weapons including dojo and all warframes including primes

Yeah I'm getting there too... 900+ mission hours, all warframes, weps except Detron, dozens of them forma/maxed, sentinels too.  Even found myself forma'ing weapons I don't really like all that much...  but why?  for what purpose?  

While damage 2.0 brought a new level of sophistication to the way damage is calculated in this game, it hasn't made it more fun.  Warframe used to have over the top carnage.  We used to be able to ice frag our enemies consistently, burn, electrocute them, send them flying into oblivion (fragor), etc.  It was glorious.  Now if we have a fully automatic weapon anywhere between 2-10 rounds we'll see them fall on the ground, covered in green bubbles, or covered in snowflakes.  I understand why, but I feel Warframe has gotten more sophisticated at the cost of fun.

In squad chat you'd see messages like, "oooohhhh  did you see that?"  "holy $hit he just went flying."  along with allot of laughing, etc.

The veterans playing this game will remember how over the top these effects were.  The veterans will remember how much fun it was to experience all of this.

I'm not complaining about whether or not Damage 2.0 is necessary, nor am I having any issues adjusting to it, I'm giving an account of what I'm experiencing now as a player who's been here since last April.  I don't think I'm personally leaving the game for a while, but I know many who have simply because they feel the game has gotten less fun.

Edited by sushidubya

"Many veteran players have already left, and many, many more are on the verge of leaving if these issues aren't finally addressed. And if you read this and are thinking 'good riddance, we don't need them anyway,' then you're sorely mistaken. It's the veterans who run prominent clans, and teach the newer players about game mechanics like mod fusion, (nothing in game does,)"

I bolded and underlined that because....

I joined warframe about a good 8 months ago, almost 9 months now... When I started the game I didn't really like it, there was no explanation to anything and everything just seemed meh

about a month or two ago, I built a new PC and decided to give this game a try again, my friend who started at the same time as me but bought the masters founder pack and plays until this day came over to my house, I actually demanded he come because I had no idea how the hell to play this game.

When he came over, he had to explain EVERYTHING to me, because nothing in the game teaches you!

He explained 

- mod fusion

- abilities

- damage 2.0

- grind for blueprints, how to obtain materials

- Orokin Reactors and Catalysts 

If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't be playing this game, It would have taken me way to long to figure everything out without any tutorials 

+1

Edited by Shekho

Sorry, you think that 11 hours of playtime is an excessive grind for an item? Hahaha.

Yes, I am one of the people you are not speaking for. The grind is fine.

Word.

I cannot agree more. Specially on data mining part.

I am praying DE is not moving Warframe to korea-mmo type, to lower item drop rate to extreme to keep players in game.

In the end of day, warframe is a F2P game, we spend money on forma/potaton/slot/package.

Tradition way of MMO won't makes you more money, DE. More collectalbe/interesting weapons/frames does.

Warframe has the most open custom system in today's game market. I really enjoy it. Please forget about the whiners regarding changing the whole system, because there will always be a choice better than others. And players will find out sooner or later. If something works, don't fix it. 

ALL MMOs do this. ALL.

OP's point is not about "how long it takes to grind", the point is about "whether one item worth the time to grind or not."

Datamining provide players the very important tool to decide what to do, to determine whether the grind will continue or not.

It is about knowledge and probility, not how much time spending.

There's plenty of info out for you to come up with an answer.

ALL MMOs do this. ALL.

So what? If all other F2P games are P2W, should warframe become P2W? Just because some other game(s) do something doesn't mean WF needs to.

There's plenty of info out for you to come up with an answer.

Conjecture/guesses maybe, but there is no solid info on drop rates (for example).

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

"Many veteran players have already left, and many, many more are on the verge of leaving if these issues aren't finally addressed. And if you read this and are thinking 'good riddance, we don't need them anyway,' then you're sorely mistaken. It's the veterans who run prominent clans, and teach the newer players about game mechanics like mod fusion, (nothing in game does,)"

I bolded and underlined that because....

I joined warframe about a good 8 months ago, almost 9 months now... When I started the game I didn't really like it, there was no explanation to anything and everything just seemed meh

about a month or two ago, I built a new PC and decided to give this game a try again, my friend who started at the same time as me but bought the masters founder pack and plays until this day came over to my house, I actually demanded he come because I had no idea how the hell to play this game.

When he came over, he had to explain EVERYTHING to me, because nothing in the game teaches you!

He explained 

- mod fusion

- abilities

- damage 2.0

- grind for blueprints, how to obtain materials

- Orokin Reactors and Catalysts 

If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't be playing this game, It would have taken me way to long to figure everything out without any tutorials 

+1

Sorry you feel that way...

When i started, i tried to watch videos and experiment with everything

Didn't feel like that was to much trouble to go through.

I honestly think it was fun to experiment with everything. 

Most of these types of post, I disagree. But this post shows some of the things that are wrong with warframe, so I agree with the things you wrote.

I find myself and most of my friends not playing warframe. In part its the daily work and all, but the true is that whenever you get to rank7, you loose al motivation to keep playing the game. You try to rank all the way up, but with no rewards. There is no end-game content, and no reward to keep advancing ranks. In other MMO at least you become a lot more powerfull each of the last levels. Here mastery rank only allows you to deploy one extra titan that can't bring rare materials, so the only thing they provide its a credit loss. Being mastery rank 11 its the sam than beng 7, and you had to level up all the way to 30 a lot of crappy weapons that probably brought you no joy on leveling. Even grinding isn't rewarding.

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate all the hard work and having an event every 2 weeks or so, but you really should create some content for the veterans, instead of focusing only on the new players. I understand you have to increase playerbase, but you also have to maintain it. Most people that leaves a game don't come back, once they made the decision to leave they don't come back, even making the decision is a hard progressive process.

Shockingly good post, OP.  Better than the internet deserves.

I agree with essentially everything except for the lore part - I would be fine if DE kept the story and Tenno origins hazy and mysterious so long as they play that mysterious aspect up - there are a lot of excellent tidbits so far.

There's a lot of upvotes going around in here so I'll post something too in the hopes of getting some!!

This is good feedback on the game that needs to be read by somebody at DE, and I'm sure it will be.  The main point I agree with is that us, the players, need more information from DE.  This IS a beta game after-all, and we are supposed to be testing it out, but if we don't know what it's SUPPOSED to be like, how are we supposed to tell you what's wrong?  Tell us about the events ahead of time, tell us how you envision the different weapons and frames being used so we can tell you if it fits that role.  

What if there IS an issue with how the Harvester/Stalker is spawning, or how an item just isn't dropping for people, and we just say "RNG is RNG" because we don't know how it's supposed to work.  We NEED the drop tables, information on how to spawn the Harvester/Stalker, and information on events [before-hand] so we can trouble-shoot for you DE.  This game is a beta, we are testing it for you still, so help us help you! 

post-21975-Help-Me-Help-You-gif-fcpD.gif

@thread opener : +1 all correct

things I hate :

- useless login reweards.

- complicated damage 2.0

- every patch damages something

- nerfs

- radical gameplay changes

- sniper scopes

- embers new 2nd + 4th

- the insane speed of armor increase for enemies

- pvp in a pve centric game

- removing infested from the star map

- rocketlauncher, flamethrower, grenades making the other weapons nearly useless (that does not mean they should be nerfed !!!, they should be removed (and formas should be given on other weapons (With no need to level them to 30, like joker formas until all used))

- I'm sure I missed some points but thats all for now ^^

@thread opener : +1 all correct

things I hate :

- pvp in a pve centric game

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/161836-lets-talk-pvp-for-a-bit/

Could you take a look at this? It might change your mind. If you literally vomit from any mention of PvP, you can skip OP until the words "Game modes" and then read my clarification on it https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/161836-lets-talk-pvp-for-a-bit/#entry1897094

Spoiler: It's PvP without killing each other, yet with competition.