Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Use Voice Chat ?

DarkChen

Question

8 answers to this question

Push to talk is voice chat. If you hold the button, any mic you have connected will transmit your voice.

To add onto what (s)he said, you also have to assign a button to Push to Talk in the key configuration in Options.

I still have yet to hear anyone actually use voice chat in this game, most people don't even type to talk.

Because PC players in general don't chitchat on coms much. Part of that is a much more global player base, so spoken language can become an issue, unlike consoles which tend to pool players by geographic regions. Also for the longest time PC games and mics were not the best of friends, and getting Windows to play nice with plug-n-play mics can be annoying. Personally, I blame the Windows Control Panel UI.

At least Warframe uses Push to Talk. Too many other games default to open mic, so we can hear eveyone's littlest sigh or gaseous toot. Open mic is a privilege, not a right.

Because PC players in general don't chitchat on coms much. Part of that is a much more global player base, so spoken language can become an issue, unlike consoles which tend to pool players by geographic regions. Also for the longest time PC games and mics were not the best of friends, and getting Windows to play nice with plug-n-play mics can be annoying. Personally, I blame the Windows Control Panel UI.

At least Warframe uses Push to Talk. Too many other games default to open mic, so we can hear eveyone's littlest sigh or gaseous toot. Open mic is a privilege, not a right.

I disagree that PC gamers don't use voice, I can think of plenty of games that are PC only where most of the players do use voicechat. The only major difference is that most PC gamers that do use voice chat use a third party program to talk to their buddies because a lot of games don't include a built in system. You find people using things like Vent, TS and Skype because they are comfortable with it and they can chat with people they are comfortable with.

Console gamers don't really have a choice since the voice system isn't part of the game, it's an ever prevelant system built into the console's software. I personally find it a pleasant surprise when a game developer takes the time to include voice, especially when you need to work with people to accomplish a goal and having voice helps emmensly. Sometimes it's almost surprising when a developer doesn't include it, like HiRez Studios not having it in Tribes Ascend when they did have it in their first game, Global Agenda. I don't care how good you are at using their callout system, using voice to communicate with teammates is way better than a wheel of things you are most likely to say, plus it's more fun.

I challenge people who are shy to use the voice system that is in place in Warframe, who knows you might have a better time of it and enjoy the game for more than just a run and gun affair and include it as a place where you can enjoy yourself socially with other people.