Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 11.6.1

[DE]darryl1

Hotfix 11.6.1

Changes

- Adjusted scaling of enemy levels in Defense missions to become more increasingly difficult at higher waves (70+).

I suppose that's nice in an academic sort of way. But it won't really matter until they find a way to prevent the massive lag that causes most players to not go past ~30 waves of a Defense mission

Harvester? I encountered once on a corpus invasion... just slaughtered it with mag's bullet attractor... no big fuss... but no detron either...
THX Again D.E for the fixes. 

Also some of my friends are experiencing a game crash with their first gameplay of warframe... you might wanna look into those crashes too?

- Would be nice if we would be informed what kind of mission the actual invasion mission is, instead of the mission type only saying "invasion".

- Bleeding damage is still a concern since the mechanic does not make a difference between hits on your health and shield thus it can proc without you actually taking a wound you could bleed from.

- Void defenses take too long for them to drop only 1 item, which is usually not what you want anyways. Would be better if they were endless defenses with chances for rare stuff rising with the waves. Preferably along with the credit reward (this would be better for other defenses too), starting from lower than other T3 maps but holding the possibility to give a fortune on very high waves.

- Defense missions still feel inferior to Survivals simply because you only get 1 reward at the end. Also during hard defenses it becomes harder to protect the pod than surviving on a hard survival because the pod cannot evade enemies so I don't see why should the survivals be considered more difficult thus don't see the reason for only them giving you all the rewards (which are kinda just as meager as those given for Defense missions).

- Greatest problem for Survivals is mostly the lack of enemies to kill thus we can't do the mission however skilled or strong we are. This happens rather frequently.

- Stug's globs are still white, That would love to have some coloring too like the Drakgoon's... :D

- Would be nice to monitor players who have been in a mission and allow them if they get disconnected with an error like "connection to host has been lost" instead of forcing the poor guy to accept the dreaded reality of getting dc-d on the last wave of a Void Def... like it happened just now and when I've invited him back he got an "objective has been completed" message. It feels unfair.

- Any news on frame's abilities revision? Already wrote some about such things, for example Frost's abilities:

1. Freeze

This ability is practically useless or at least not worth anyone's while.
- Only hits one enemy.
- Even useless against bigger enemies since hard to aim, thanks to the projectile shooting towards the direction you face towards at the end of animation, so you better time your shots well.
- Oh, projectiles are quite slow, so even harder to hit.
- Meager damage.
- Freeze effect breaks easily and usually pretty fast anyways.
These render this ability a "never again" choice if you have other possibilities for that mod slot. You can force it, I won't doubt that but those thinking logically see my point anyways.

So what I would do with it - endorsing the use of Frost as a CC frame:

Range: 50m, 3m aoe on impact location, enemies further away from the center of this aoe suffer weaker effects, latter affected by power range mods.

Frozen duration: 5/7/9/11 or if the enemy suffers more than 35% health damage from a single hit (both affected by power duration mods - or latter from power strength).

- No initial damage.
- Frozen targets suffer incoming damage buff, increasing every kind of physical damage, cold damage and blast damage dealt to them by 25/50/75/100%, affected by power strength mods.

- Prematurely breaking frozen status damages (cold and impact damage, 20/40/60/80) and knocks down those in range (3m aoe + power range mods).

- After frozen status dissipates (either normally or prematurely) enemies are affected by cold's status, slowing them for a while.

2. Ice Wave

I like the description, "dealing heavy damage". Pretty much a joke with the Damage2.0 introduced. So, since Ice Wave was never really a specifically good damaging power (only adequate that looked "cool") I believe it could too use some rework.
Currently Ice Wave has meager damage and actually no real use (Avalanche is simply outclasses it, even with the higher cost), especially against higher level enemies. So I would do the following:

- Ice spikes form on the ground, enemies hit by the growing shards get knocked to the ground.
- The spikes stay, like some kind of ice trap, any enemy touching them get's damaged and slowed, since it's proper cold damage.
- The damage itself could be overall the same as now but like this: 60dps - 140dps for 5 seconds. Only the damage and range changes with upgrading the ability, the duration is only changed by power duration mods. The damage is counted as Damage per sec thus with higher duration the overall damage grows too. On a sidenote, damage should only partially consist of cold damage since in case of ice spikes, getting skewered might be a bit more of a problem than getting a cold.
- Focus-like mods could affect the strength of the slowness effect too - it seems fairly logical.

3. Snow Globe

Okay, in all honesty, none of the other abilities Frost has can measure up to this. Hell, it's the most powerful defensive ability in-game, beating Blessing and Bastille. While Blessing has redeeming qualities, it's a tier 4 ability, which works against it if we want to compare it to Snow Globe (tier3). Meanwhile Bastille seems perfect (ceasing any retaliation of enemies), but only in a very limited range (2 enemy races mostly consist of shooters so this is bad), against rather limited number of targets.

Snowglobe provides near-perfect protection against ranged attackers (with the exception of railgun moa and the ridiculous aoe of missiles/jetpacks) for a rather long time and a very nice area of effect. Only problem comes from enemies that enter the globe but even they are slowed quite nicely so even that downside is not that much of a downside.

Yes, all-in-all snowglobe is not that much better (not like Molecular prime vs Avalanche) but it certainly is.

I simply hate the fact the the mere presence or absence of a Frost with Snow Globe can drastically change the outcome of a defense mission. Try T3 defense with and without globe - you will see what I mean.

I would drastically change this ability, in a way that many might even consider that nerfing.

Winterhail/Blizzard/Snowstorm

Description: Frost takes control of the surrounding moisture, forming it into a raging storm of razorsharp ice, hindering ranged attacks and damaging enemies that venture inside.

Frost creates a storm made of icy shrapnels, dealing cold and slash damage to those inside, while weakening ranged attacks passing into/through the globe.

Range: 5m, affected by power range mods.

Duration: 30s, affected by power duration mods.

Damage: 15/30/60/90 per second, half slash, half cold damage (thus the overall damage is way lower than Ember's FireBlast), affected by power strength mods.

Enemies are slowed by 40/50/60/70% (or 67% on top if that had any meaning to be 67 instead of plain 70%).

Damage mitigation from ranged attacks is 30/40/50/60%, preferably affected by power strength mods.

This way we get a worthy T3 ability which is still way less illogical and "absolute defense" than the current Snow Globe.

4. Avalanche

Avalanche itself is not a bad ability by nature it's just that we have seen the near-exact same ability on other frames, countless times. It's nothing creative, only a large aoe damage spell, like that of Saryn, Mag etc. - even Volt is different since his Overload hold the possibility of higher damage thanks to the objects around, and Rhino has his "aftereffect" of floating enemies, making his über a "small" bastille for the recently (or soon to be) deceased.

Here comes the "I would do the following" part:

Make Avalanche into something like Molecular Prime, an ability not dealing damage by itself (for MP you have to start killing the enemies since the effect only deals aoe damage if affected enemy dies - after then though... well you have seen dominos, so you get the idea).

Description: Summons a treacherous landslide of ice that instantly freezes enemies in the vicinity rendering them immobile and highly vulnerable to incoming physical and cold damage.

Range: 15/18/22/25m, affected by power range mods.

Freeze duration: 7/10/13/16s or broken by hits bigger than 50% health (both affected by power duration mods - or latter from power strength).

Otherwise same as in case of Freeze, detailed above.

It would be nice if Cold damage itself could never break frozen status (maybe add to the timer a bit?).

(Here is the link if you are interested in concepts and such: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/79196-concepts-of-mine-consumables-merchant-gambler-and-void-cause-i-like-that/)

Edited by K_Shiro

Hotfix 11.6.1

- Drakgoon now uses shotgun ammo instead of rifle ammo.

I knew there was no way the Drakgoon was supposed to be using rifle ammo. Here's hoping the Ogris and Penta will see similar treatment.

As always, thanks for all those fixes.

Edited by Haldos

You guys forgot to mention you took away the stalker spawn information from the EE log, effectively making it just that much harder to get the detron from harvester. It just means we wait at the beginning of a mission for 4 minutes everytime, instead of having the precise amount of time we had to wait.

Edited by Skaleek