Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Castrating High Level Players.

SpiderWaifu

All that I've gotten from this update so far in terms of gameplay.

A reset would have been better than what DE's done with the mod system. I'm all for it, combining mods and such, but, as the title suggests, it has castrated the high level players. We've become horribly impotent, and it just shows even more how important mods are.

Other than a complete reset and refund on accounts, the mod overhaul should have been handled better, ie, converting all of the mods we've collected, rather than turning them in to crafting trash and removing the high level player power.

One player said the removal of our mods, was to make us the same as the new players, and have to restart from scratch... But we weren't reset, simply had our mods removed.

I know I can simply grind my way up [for the 4th-7th times for my 3 warframes... :/ ] and get mods again, but come on...

IMO - Reset > Mod removal.

1. This has been said at least 2309480239748098723947932840297438927348 times. Stop making new topics about this.

2. You don't have to farm. Just play through each planet and you will get a fair amount of mods. I got at least 15 mods just by playing through all the mercury levels.

1. This has been said at least 2309480239748098723947932840297438927348 times. Stop making new topics about this.

2. You don't have to farm. Just play through each planet and you will get a fair amount of mods. I got at least 15 mods just by playing through all the mercury levels.

I'm asking more for a reset button than anything. Before I was against this sort of thing, but now that the mod overhaul is in... I really want one now.

They have stated earlier that there will be an optional reset for the game, the reset was going to be done for everyone but most people requested that it be optional and since DE is so kind they went along with that.

I can not recall if the optional reset was with the Open Beta or Offical Launch, either way you could send in a ticket and request one if that is what you would like, and they may give it to you.

Edit: Apparently my browser derped and didn't show the updated posts until after I posted, sorry.

Edited by Deathstrik3

I'm feel wary of investing anymore time into this game at the moment. I wish I didn't feel this way, but the way the mods were handled really discouraged me.

How so specifically?

I for one actually prefer the new mod system, aside from the pricing of using fusion cores.

I'm feel wary of investing anymore time into this game at the moment. I wish I didn't feel this way, but the way the mods were handled really discouraged me.

The system is fine and just requires tuning and I feel people are overreacting because we can't rofl stomp the game as easily anymore.

Technicly the Old mods now fusion cores are something new players would never get. So in reality the system where we fuse cards with the fusion reactors would not normally happen. So I for one would say a reset may be a good idea since we might as well be new players.

Haha, the mod power thing is true, I'd agree with that. I went from the Outer Terminus to Kiliken, with both feeling the same amount of difficulty assuming I continue Kiliken once or twice past the minimum 5 waves.

Though as a side effect I also feel money has become a lot harder to make, perhaps this was intentional by the hands of the Devs. I'd make most of my money selling the mods I didn't need because in all honesty, the money I recieved from missions was all in all rather paltry considering the costs of nearly everything else in the game buyable with credits (namely blueprints). Now, I feel as if I can hardly make the same deal of money selling fusion cores and mod cards are currently so precious at the moment that I cannot afford to sell them. And through the new system, they are almost always useful in the fusion process; I find little opportunities I can sell a mod card or a fusion core simply because I know I will always have a need for them. Not to mention that the entire process makes the powering-up process exponentially more expensive than the past system. I consider myself a late-game player and I'm currently facing in-game financial problems that I haven't had for a long time.

And the late-game power castration of the late-game players, that goes without much saying.

Eh, I still don't want a reset but I would have appreciated starting out with some of the new mods. It's not a huge deal, as this is kind of what you sign up for when you sign up for closed beta, but it is still a shame to see my high powered warframes and weapons be brought back down to their starting stats for all intents and purposes.

All that I've gotten from this update so far in terms of gameplay.

A reset would have been better than what DE's done with the mod system. I'm all for it, combining mods and such, but, as the title suggests, it has castrated the high level players. We've become horribly impotent, and it just shows even more how important mods are.

Other than a complete reset and refund on accounts, the mod overhaul should have been handled better, ie, converting all of the mods we've collected, rather than turning them in to crafting trash and removing the high level player power.

One player said the removal of our mods, was to make us the same as the new players, and have to restart from scratch... But we weren't reset, simply had our mods removed.

I know I can simply grind my way up [for the 4th-7th times for my 3 warframes... :/ ] and get mods again, but come on...

IMO - Reset > Mod removal.

Just another crying noob, i very like this update its great, game is chalanging now, no more soloing everything like i did before (that was so boring), only thing is we need chat , i hardly can find team to play hard levels and cant xplain to noobs how to play defense missions, they trying solo waves far away leaving coffin alone and dying far away and ofc no one go after them, i leave these noobs to die and trying not play anymore with them, there is no blacklist also :D

It is coming for sure! Very soon.

I do hope its Optional. Im not fond of resets. I know we would get an optional one so i hope its that I dont even have all my current gear maxed. so losing that and what i have maxed after 150 hours of play wouldnt be nice.. I dont even have all the frames yet hehehe

I sincerely hope that reset you are talking about is optional. If some people want it, they may have it. But a lot of us don't wanna start all over again. And this would be for the third time. Please don't!

I don't think I'm gonna bother playing now till the reset is available, the changes are far to dramatic to not have allowed an optional reset. Feels like abit of a mess at the min and I just want to start from scratch now.

My only beef with the current mod system is that it doesn't feel as rewarding for leveling up. When you level up you get energy and tthat's it D: but I do think the card system is pretty neato. Dunno that a reset will actually accomplish anything though since a level 30 no mod is the exact same as a level 1 with no mods except you've cleared more stages so you have access to more alerts.

I probably wouldn't mind going back and grinding for mods if there was some sort of continuous level option.

Not like one long level, but like some sort of level path where I could finish a mission and choose to go to the next one in the chain, or the choice between the next adjacent levels rather than being forced back to the solar system each time