Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion To Future Prime Packs

Shekho

Hey guys, I was thinking, maybe in the future DE could possibly space out the prices of the prime packs. Im really disappointed by the fact that, hey look there is ONE item I want in this pack but it isn't sold separately.

In the future please give us more options, I wanted to buy the misa syandara when i first saw a guy with it in game only to find that it was $140, IMO thats ridiculous..

I'm not telling you guys what to make the price of things, all im saying is we need more options...

It would also be awesome if we could buy things like the prime pack with platinum, im sure that would increase the trading hype.

Anyways thats just my opinion, I believe we need to discuss this kind of thing or in the future it'll keep happening.

I think the founders pack was a good example of giving us a lot of options to choose from.

(reason I didn't buy it was because my old pc was pretty craptastic and I couldn't play the game)

TL;DR: DE please give us more options in future prime packs, like you did with founders program, dont tie one item everyone wants into a expensive bundle

BTW They already said there will be future prime packs, for those hoping there won't be.

Edited by Shekho

I think they've done this to a degree by adding to the value in proportion to the cost. Yes it's $140, but that final bundle also comes with 90 days of XP boost. Compared to the money you'd spend just to lose platinum buying three day boosts every weekend, the value of that last bundle is insane and that's before you get to the credit boost or the days in-between where you get XP boost when you would not normally have bought one.

I think they've done this to a degree by adding to the value in proportion to the cost. Yes it's $140, but that final bundle also comes with 90 days of XP boost. Compared to the money you'd spend just to lose platinum buying three day boosts every weekend, the value of that last bundle is insane and that's before you get to the credit boost or the days in-between where you get XP boost when you would not normally have bought one.

Yeah, I understand that.

I mean why not give players an option like for example...

The Misa Syandara as a separate item, minus all the fancy extra plat+boosters stuff. It could be a straight up, hey if you want this scarf your gonna have to pay this much for it and you wont receive anything fancy with it.

The Misa Syandara as a separate item, minus all the fancy extra plat+boosters stuff. It could be a straight up, hey if you want this scarf your gonna have to pay this much for it and you wont receive anything fancy with it.

As said above, marketing. Somewhere there's a bean counter who says doing it this way will make more money.

Suggestion on next Prime Access Packs.....DON'T DO IT...Suggestion Added.

They already said there will be more prime packs in the future with newer primes

As said above, marketing. Somewhere there's a bean counter who says doing it this way will make more money.

The sad thing is, this is true. Gotta love marketing strategies.. Edited by Shekho

Yeah, I understand that.

I mean why not give players an option like for example...

because then not as many people would buy the prime access top pack. I have mixed feelings on this but I think it really annoys people because its the FIRST prime syndana introduced. (which now that I think about it makes sense since Excal was the first prime) As long as DE releases other prime syndana's I don't think it will be an issue, As long as they look cool and aren't prime access only. If you want to see people foam at the mouth and die from rage convince the next $140 Prime Access to include an exclusive Dark Sector Glaive skin, I can imagine the rage posts already...

because then not as many people would buy the prime access top pack. I have mixed feelings on this but I think it really annoys people because its the FIRST prime syndana introduced. (which now that I think about it makes sense since Excal was the first prime) As long as DE releases other prime syndana's I don't think it will be an issue, As long as they look cool and aren't prime access only. If you want to see people foam at the mouth and die from rage convince the next $140 Prime Access to include an exclusive Dark Sector Glaive skin, I can imagine the rage posts already...

take myself, for a SINGLE example.. the only thing in this pack of any interest to me is that one, single, solitary item, that syandana... that's all i want. i have no use for boosters as i already have basically everything in the game. am i going to spend $140 on a syandana and a PILE of useless crap? hell no, no one with an IQ in the double digits will. so what do i do? nada, squat, buttkiss..

ergo, DE doesn't get a single coin from me. HOWEVER, should they have offered parts, like the syandana, as ANOTHER 40 plat scarf, u better believe ur panzy &#! i woulda bought it up in a heartbeat.

well, naturally, you take my quote out of context.

to quote MYSELF - i said i have PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING and all i would have ANY interest in is that syandana.

so to FINISH YOUR MISQUOTE OF ME - i said that

am i going to spend $140 on a syandana and a PILE of useless crap? hell no, no one with an IQ in the double digits will. so what do i do? nada, squat, buttkiss..

ERGO: do i have need for the boosters? no

do i have need for ember prime? no

do i WANT prime syandana? yes.

am i going to spend $140 on SAID SYANDANA? no.

don't take my quotes out of context next time.

edit: i ALSO said

take myself for a single example
Edited by ALL.CAPS.GUY

At least my excal prime is safe. And if it isn't then i will be expecting a refund.

I wonder if you asked for a refund for your foundation right now if they would give you it. I know your just speaking in threats- but is there anywhere in the founders program that said you have the right to a refund if they re-release founders content?

I wonder if you asked for a refund for your foundation right now if they would give you it. I know your just speaking in threats- but is there anywhere in the founders program that said you have the right to a refund if they re-release founders content?

I did some digging in the EULA, Terms of Use, etc. but couldn't really find anything definitive to support if they hold the ability to waive that right or not (not just about founders, but any content). That being said, while I couldn't pin it down precisely, I would be willing to bet that DE has stated they have the right to release content previously deemed exclusive without subjecting themselves to penalties to previous consumers. OR, they could have the license set up in the way you described - that they could only re-release content if and only if they offered refunds if such a situation arose.

That is entirely hypothetical though, and unless someone can dig up the specific Founders terms of service agreement, that question is kind of up in the air. Good question though.

I did some digging in the EULA, Terms of Use, etc. but couldn't really find anything definitive to support if they hold the ability to waive that right or not (not just about founders, but any content). That being said, while I couldn't pin it down precisely, I would be willing to bet that DE has stated they have the right to release content previously deemed exclusive without subjecting themselves to penalties to previous consumers. OR, they could have the license set up in the way you described - that they could only re-release content if and only if they offered refunds if such a situation arose.

That is entirely hypothetical though, and unless someone can dig up the specific Founders terms of service agreement, that question is kind of up in the air. Good question though.

Yeah, it's just that I've head a lot of founders use that threat, which is other then a bad mark on their PR- a very minimal price to pay. They got the money they needed to push the game to the point of where its sustainable- Even if all the grand masters asked for a refund- I don't think the 100 grand could ruin the game studio at this point.

Thats to say if you guys even would be granted refunds. Im guessing theres a pretty big dent in that platinum and your warframe and weapons have thoroughly been leveled and earned the affinity. I don't think I could get a refund for a Banshee 2 months after buying it- simply because they made the parts drop off a boss. Its been more then 30 days since the program ended, if you wanted a refund you'd probably be screwed LMAO.

considering founer's programs offered content deemed exclusive to founders, and founders only, as per the terms of BUYING founder's packs, i'm pretty sure that refund would be not only plausible, but likely possibly, as due to the terms of "false advertising."

which essentially states, aside from wiki, that should an advertiser choose to produce a product for consumer use, terms of use and context can't change after the purchaser has paid for subscription, etc..... basically... we bought founder's on the premise we got X, Y, and Z as exclusives. once founder's ended, none of such exclusives can be made available otherwise without refund, reimbursement, or otherwise return payment OR compensation equalling relatively equal value.

saying X, Y, and Z are exclusive, then making them NON exclusive voids what founder's PAID for. ergo, breach of TOS under false advertising. i'm sure they've got decent lawyers to say otherwise, but that's the law. cut and dry.

another example would be "3 easy payments of 39.99 for this brand new vacuum" which turns out to be used. OR turns out to be exactly what u expected, but is NOT 3 payments, but 4, or more. OR... 45.99/month for comcast internet and basic TV when the internet u PAY FOR IS NOT THE SPEED YOU PAID FOR... etc etc etc.

you pay for XYZ you get XYZ under the terms WRITTEN AT TIME OF PURCHASE. again, cut and dry.

certain terms cannot be changed under law. same as that vacuum u bought for 3 payments of 39.99..... they can't email/call you a YEAR later like "hey, we need another $40 or we're taking back the vacuum because reasons" (where in this case "reasons" justified as demand went up, or whatever the hell they want to claim. terms at time of purchase / signing of contract can't be changed)

considering founer's programs offered content deemed exclusive to founders, and founders only, as per the terms of BUYING founder's packs, i'm pretty sure that refund would be not only plausible, but likely possibly, as due to the terms of "false advertising."

which essentially states, aside from wiki, that should an advertiser choose to produce a product for consumer use, terms of use and context can't change after the purchaser has paid for subscription, etc..... basically... we bought founder's on the premise we got X, Y, and Z as exclusives. once founder's ended, none of such exclusives can be made available otherwise without refund, reimbursement, or otherwise return payment OR compensation equalling relatively equal value.

saying X, Y, and Z are exclusive, then making them NON exclusive voids what founder's PAID for. ergo, breach of TOS under false advertising. i'm sure they've got decent lawyers to say otherwise, but that's the law. cut and dry.

another example would be "3 easy payments of 39.99 for this brand new vacuum" which turns out to be used. OR turns out to be exactly what u expected, but is NOT 3 payments, but 4, or more. OR... 45.99/month for comcast internet and basic TV when the internet u PAY FOR IS NOT THE SPEED YOU PAID FOR... etc etc etc.

you pay for XYZ you get XYZ under the terms WRITTEN AT TIME OF PURCHASE. again, cut and dry.

certain terms cannot be changed under law. same as that vacuum u bought for 3 payments of 39.99..... they can't email/call you a YEAR later like "hey, we need another $40 or we're taking back the vacuum because reasons" (where in this case "reasons" justified as demand went up, or whatever the hell they want to claim. terms at time of purchase / signing of contract can't be changed)

I would be willing to bet that what you're saying is most likely the case, but it would almost surprise me if there wasn't a clause in the disclaimer for purchasing founders in which DE stated that "Digital Extremes hereby waives the right to void any exclusivity on content that is purchased from them blah blah and all that legal jazz..." The question is - could that/is that established as official or not. And unfortunately I didn't read it when I bought Grandmaster. :P

This is still mostly a matter of speculation on my part anyway.

Suggestion on next Prime Access Packs.....DON'T DO IT...Suggestion Added.

Someone finally gets it...due to marking when they release a prime pack and its content...the same content that will go into the void will have abysmal drop rates so that people will buy the prime pack... :\

I would be willing to bet that what you're saying is most likely the case, but it would almost surprise me if there wasn't a clause in the disclaimer for purchasing founders in which DE stated that "Digital Extremes hereby waives the right to void any exclusivity on content that is purchased from them blah blah and all that legal jazz..." The question is - could that/is that established as official or not. And unfortunately I didn't read it when I bought Grandmaster. :P

This is still mostly a matter of speculation on my part anyway.

I'm not saying there going to do this at all- but people many times assume they can get a refund on something..when actually they can't at all. This is particularly fickle with digital goods. Playstation has an all sales are final policy, and unless you were charged  for something you didn't buy- they don't refund you.

I know DE has a modest refund policy- so I wouldn't expect them to go "nope- no refunds" if they did release the content to other players. But, I also think you won't get a refund if you asked for one right now-without a very good reason.

Someone finally gets it...due to marking when they release a prime pack and its content...the same content that will go into the void will have abysmal drop rates so that people will buy the prime pack... :\

Marketing at its finest. There is the easy way to get it and then the hard. Up to you to choose what way.

Guys, lets not get off of topic lol, yeah there are a lot of annoying marketing schemes but Im not saying we should bring back exclusives (im sure people would flip if that happened)

I just find it hailarious how the sole reason people are buying the $140 pack is for the scarf.

If they made the scarf $50 by itself with nothing extra im sure a ton of people would buy it and they would end up with even higher profits...

They already said there will be MORE prime packs in the future, so if your okay with paying $140 for one item tied to a bundle you dont really care about, EVERY TIME, knock yourselfs out. I for one hate this type of marketing technique.

Every time I want to help support this game and there is something I want, its always tied behind a expensive bundle!

I think the founders pack was a good example of giving us a lot of options to choose from.

(reason I didn't buy it was because my old pc was pretty craptastic and I couldn't play the game) 

Edited by Shekho