Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windows 7 Explorer Stops Responding When Alt-Tabbing.

redregon

So, I am running windows 7 and have it up to date with the most current updates... but i've also got a dual monitor setup (two different resolutions.) so, sometimes i'll have a wiki page up with hints and such or another site... but usually when that happens, Warframe seems unaffected but intermittently the explorer will need to reboot itself as it stops responding.

Anyone else see this happen? it's only started with the new update (that i've noticed... the dual screen is a recent thing since it's been a while since i could replace the second monitor.)

Works fine for me, and i'm in a tri-monitor setup. One 1920x1080 and two 1280x1024. I can Alt+Tab with success on every occasion. Check for spyware/viruses. I doubt it's that, but you never know. Also make sure you dl the latest drivers forn you video card from the chip manufacturers site, either AMD or nVidia, or if you are unfortunate enough to have Intel gfx.

I'd use borderless fullscreen mode if I were you.

Tried that, the resolution went so high that i couldn't play it (well, i could still play it but the frame-rate went down to something along the lines of 10 fps.) The screen i have is a huge one (i think it's higher than 1080p in resolution) and i like to run warframe in a lower rez since i like it fast and to be honest, i don't need it to be very high rez so i don't push it that high (i also turn off a lot of the graphical frills like that blur effect, bloom and fog. I would rather have it performing faster than performing more visually appealing. though, if i could have both i would but my comp isn't top-shelf anymore.)

Works fine for me, and i'm in a tri-monitor setup. One 1920x1080 and two 1280x1024. I can Alt+Tab with success on every occasion. Check for spyware/viruses. I doubt it's that, but you never know. Also make sure you dl the latest drivers forn you video card from the chip manufacturers site, either AMD or nVidia, or if you are unfortunate enough to have Intel gfx.

I'll do that, thank you for the suggestion. to be honest, the gpu i've got is an ATI radeon HD (came packaged with this system about three years ago so though it was top-shelf then, it's probably around the lower-end now. (i really ought to consider upgrading one of these days... though it feels like most games don't need the top of the line as much as they used to but i think that's a discussion for another forum.)

Edited by redregon

Tried that, the resolution went so high that i couldn't play it (well, i could still play it but the frame-rate went down to something along the lines of 10 fps.) The screen i have is a huge one (i think it's higher than 1080p in resolution) and i like to run warframe in a lower rez since i like it fast and to be honest, i don't need it to be very high rez so i don't push it that high (i also turn off a lot of the graphical frills like that blur effect, bloom and fog. I would rather have it performing faster than performing more visually appealing. though, if i could have both i would but my comp isn't top-shelf anymore.)

I'll do that, thank you for the suggestion. to be honest, the gpu i've got is an ATI radeon HD (came packaged with this system about three years ago so though it was top-shelf then, it's probably around the lower-end now. (i really ought to consider upgrading one of these days... though it feels like most games don't need the top of the line as much as they used to but i think that's a discussion for another forum.)

Ah, ok for ATI drivers you would goto the AMD site now, as they bought the company.