Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Invite Friends To Party

(PSN)Punisher-1-

I resolved my issue by carrying out the following steps:

1) Forward ports for PS3 and PS4 on the router

2) Place the PS4 in the DMZ of the router

3) Completely reset the router - press the reset button with a pin hold for 10seconds and release

Hope this helps you all.

Same problems, DMS shouldn't be mandatory, certain people I can't connect 2, but they can connect to me. Very inconvenient as sometimes these don't align well for setting up the game

"DMZ"

And although not mandatory, your device must be allowed incoming and outgoing traffic, this is controlled by your router, not the game. Putting it in the DMZ will allow for this.

If you don't want to DMZ the PS4, set up the correct udp port forwarding for the game and ensure upnp is enabled.

I get the same "failed to join session" error when clan mates try to invite me.

I've added ports 3960 - 3963 and 80 on TCP/UDP, I get no errors messages on starting the game, i'm set to "online", and my ps4 network test has me on NAT2.

Is the problem on my end or theirs, and are there any other ports i need to open?

I'd prefer not to have to put the PS4 in the DMZ if possible.

Any help would be appreciated!

I think match making is even worse than it used to be when it comes to connecting to other players. I used to have to problems when I first started playing warframe because DE did not advise anyone about NAT type compatibility and open ports. Ever since then I opened all my router ports and NAT and everything was fine until the recent update 11.5.8. This is a real issue when it comes to inviting people to play void missions because 75-90% of the time people are not able to connect "failed to join mission" message.

I get the same "failed to join session" error when clan mates try to invite me.

I've added ports 3960 - 3963 and 80 on TCP/UDP, I get no errors messages on starting the game, i'm set to "online", and my ps4 network test has me on NAT2.

Is the problem on my end or theirs, and are there any other ports i need to open?

I'd prefer not to have to put the PS4 in the DMZ if possible.

Any help would be appreciated!

3960 - 3963 should be on UDP only for both outgoing and incoming. Do not set them on TCP.

Ok I see an issue in here, I grew up with PCs and videogames and I don't understand a single word I've read in here!!! "Forward ports for PS3 and PS4 on the router", What? "Place the PS4 in the DMZ of the router", what???, What???? What?????????, Ok I could google it and find out wtf is this all about, but I'm tooo lazy, and guess what, I'm not the only one, being lazy is one of those beautiful things that unite us, I would dare to say that 99.9999% of humanity is very, very, very lazy..... so If you are seriously expecting that PS4 users (human beings -lazy by nature) configure their routers, modems, PS4.... ok I see an issue in here.

Don't take me wrong, I love your game, but with this kinda stuff, you are asking PS4 gamers to desert you...

Edited by (PS4)Enarth01

Same problem here with a couple of friends only though. These friends of mine are well known to have crappy connections so

I did not expect anything different to be honest.

What I do however is literally spamming the invite to those mentioned friends and they eventually get into the party lobby

after getting so many error messages.

"Just keep trying" is my only comment here.

I usually do the hosting due to my very good connection and I set my PS4 into DMZ (best practice when viable option)

jus my 2 cents here :-)))

Edited by (PS4)pietrosx

I didn't have a problem until a friend and I started a Dojo. After that I can't invite him and he can't invite me. When we " invite" nothing at all happens. Ne error message, or any other thing. I have had 2 tickets in and I get the already listed router info. I did all of the router changes, port forwarding, DMZ, Nat 2, and we still cannot invite each other. It sucks. This isn't solved and needs to be. I do not have this trouble with any other game.

Hey all, 

Let me just mention a few things for anyone who may not know them. 

Nat 2 is not "a bad thing" - it's simply the PS3/4's way of telling you that you're plugged into a router, instead of simply being plugged into the "source" (would be Nat 1 if you had an ethernet cable which went directly to the wall). This does not change with DMZs or Port Forwarding. 

DMZ is a way to open all ports on a single IP address (your PS3/4).

Port forwarding is a way to open specific ports. 

DMZ and Port forwarding should generally NOT be used at the same time. Since the DMZ already opens the ports, in some (not all) routers this can create a problem, because you're basically doing the same thing twice (and some router's are not coded well for this). 

I also want to point out (to the "lazy person above") - if you're "very very lazy", than you should also NOT expect anyone else to put in the time/effort to help you (aside of perhaps the game developers, and even that one has it's limits). 

So on to the Warframe - the matchmaking or "failed to join session" "friend currently not in game session" issues - I've been having this same issue with friends who are on Nat 1, while I am on Nat 2 with a DMZ enabled. My current hypothesis is that it has little to do each person's port settings, but something about how the game and/or PS4 handles the ports. My guess is the Solo / Invite Only / Private / Online settings, and how they're handled. 

Not because it makes much sense from the tech point of view, but just for thoroughness, we've tried: 

Both DMZ and the Warframe (and/or) PS4/PSN specific ports (at the same time)

Swapping from Solo to Online (and all variations of that logic)

Changing the Ping settings in the options menu, both up/down/no-limit

Joining Planets, or joining other Online games prior to inviting/hosting sessions with my friend

The "Join Session" option from the friend chat

The supposed "send multiple invite at once" solution (which makes even less sense than the rest here)

None of those really worked.

The only thing which seems to help (credit goes to a Reddit post on this topic) was to set your state to "Private".

We had a much easier time joining  each other then. If it helps any developers/anyone trying to troubleshoot this, we are trying to connect from NY to Europe, we're in the same clan, we both have around 2000 mod duplicates (I mention this due to the "reset account" bug when you have excessive amounts). At the same time another friend of ours (connecting from Puerto Rico) seems to experience no problems what so ever, and can usually join either of us with no trouble. 

Anyway, hope that helps. I'll come back with more info if we something else out or notice any more clues. 

Shorty

Edited by (PS4)Shorty_sx

My friends and I have all forwarded the correct ports but we still have connection issues. We are mainly in Florida and some in Georgia and Arizona. The connection issues mainly happen when we try to connect to our friend in Arizona. He has great internet speed and his correct ports are forwarded in his router and we turned ping limit to no limit.  Its a spam fest of invites and fails before we can connect his party for void runs. The game runs fine once were in too.  Yet when I invite there is practically no error ever. I'm beginning to wonder if there is a timezone issue here.

I've tried: 

DMZ

Manually opening ports
Resting router
Turning off/on modem and router

This really shouldn't be this difficult. This is a fun game and I really like it, but I work 10 hours a day and the last thing I need is to be jumping through hoops. Fix your code/network problems. It's not that hard. 

Bottom line: If I can play every other multiplayer game with the same exact router settings but when I play YOUR game and I all of a sudden have "network issues", its YOUR problem to fix it; not mine.