Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Builder

Stoi84

Hello. I know, you suspended work on translation, because it's too problematic. But I want russian translation. So I looking for ways to get it. Looks like you use in your site apache, php, jquery. So storage, where you store localization unknown. It can be database, ini, json, etc. 
If you store in code and your code pretty organised, I can try to understand the structure, change, and return changed version. If you use JSON, ini, etc - even better. If you use some SQL database for it, user with SELECT, UPDATE, depending on architecture INSERT, only for table with russian locale will be nice. Yeah, you can store translation using another way or difficulty of multilanguage changes in your architecture can overhelm my expectations. This is unknown. But I'm here to find out.

Edited by Nomad_mohave

I appreciate your interest and your motivation about the translation, but unfortunately, and as you know, I don't have time to dedicate to this no matter how involved I am. I'll let you know if things change in the future.

Dear Creator of Warframe Builder,

Please For the love of god fix the login and register for the site!

You Have given us Two Text Fields without ANY INFORMATION AS TO WHAT TO PUT INTO THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Every Time I look at this site I am utterly confused as to what to put into these fields! So I cant recover my account without my secret Key? Ok Fine, Let me create a new account for the 129489time. Whats the First Field, Is it The secret Key that was just randomly generated and then the second field is the secret captia NOPE that doesn't work So what the F***** Do I Put In These God D***** Text Fields!?

How about making your site flow better with;

UserName:  [TEXT FIELD]
Email Address: [TEXT FIELD]

or

UserName:  [TEXT FIELD]
Password:  [TEXT FIELD]

And Literally Show what it is we are supposed to input into these fields! Like every other Website across the Entirety of the Internet that you login to? You have said you dont want to store usernames and/or passwords if I am not mistaken but why is that any different then storing all these Builds?

17 hours ago, Wildcardgsx said:

You Have given us Two Text Fields without ANY INFORMATION AS TO WHAT TO PUT INTO THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Every Time I look at this site I am utterly confused as to what to put into these fields! So I cant recover my account without my secret Key? Ok Fine, Let me create a new account for the 129489time. Whats the First Field, Is it The secret Key that was just randomly generated and then the second field is the secret captia NOPE that doesn't work So what the F***** Do I Put In These God D***** Text Fields!?

What are you talking about? Unless something is wrong with your browser, the first box should display "Username..." and the second box should display "Password..." until you enter text into them. This is done via the HTML "placeholder" attribute. If that text isn't showing up for you, then something may be wrong with the web browser that you're using.

You should log in with your username and password, as you'd expect.

Le 31/10/2018 à 22:37, Wildcardgsx a dit :

Dear Creator of Warframe Builder,

Please For the love of god fix the login and register for the site!

I just checked everything, it's working just fine. I was able to recover my password using the secret key and all the fields have the necessary information for you to know what to put in, though I have to agree that it may be a little confusing for the password recovery due to the layout, but if you read the fields like any other field on any other website, from left to right, everything should be clear.

Login: https://ibb.co/cccLyL
Recover: https://ibb.co/gqUpsf

Could you be more precise about what's not working for you? Is your browser showing something different?

Usernames and passwords are personal data. They fall under the new EU regulation called GDPR which I can't afford to comply to, that's why I don't store them anymore.

I'll try to fix all the little things before the big update. I hope to have this done on Monday. I'm also looking for a very good English native speaker for a very special task that'll take a good amount of your free time. PM if interested to help me.

Edited by Stoi84

Le 18/10/2018 à 19:08, NorthernBeast a dit :

Noticed this with chroma and was hoping it would be fixed with chroma prime but it hasn't.

Chroma and Chroma Prime's Vex Armor ability lists the base damage multiplier as 175% instead of 275%.

This makes the modded damage buff be severely lower than it would be in game.

That's actually just a display preference. It's listed at +175%, notice the plus, which is the same as 275%. It's +175% over the base damage (over the base 100%). If it's listed as 275% in-game, I'll change it just to have more consistency, but the idea is the same. However, the armor bonus seems to be misleading with both 350% and the +.

Edited by Stoi84

Here's the update.

• Updated the polarities and damage for the Scourge.
  • Updated the stance polarity for the Dual Keres.
  • Hunter mods can no longer be equipped on Archguns.
  • Fixed how armor and damage bonuses are displayed for Chroma's Vex.
  • Added the Paracesis.
  • Added the following mods:
    • Negate 
    • Energy Generator
    • Ambush
    • Reawaken
    • Adaptation
  • Improved the readability of the password recovery page.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stoi84 said:

Here's the update.

• Updated the polarities and damage for the Scourge.
  • Updated the stance polarity for the Dual Keres.
  • Hunter mods can no longer be equipped on Archguns.
  • Fixed how armor and damage bonuses are displayed for Chroma's Vex.
  • Added the Paracesis.
  • Added the following mods:
    • Negate 
    • Energy Generator
    • Ambush
    • Reawaken
    • Adaptation
  • Improved the readability of the password recovery page.

Awesome update, thanks for adding the Paracesis! 🙂

Thanks for the update! I feel bad that you have to keep working on this when you don't even play yourself anymore. It really seems like open sourcing it would help to reduce the workload for you.

I think there's an issue in this update though. The Paracesis has a unique mechanic, where each Forma increases its max rank by 2, up to a max rank of 40 with 5 Formas. The increased rank cap means more mod capacity to work with. This doesn't seem to be implemented in Warframe Builder. Also, the Rolling Guard mod seems to be missing.

Also, be advised that the Fortuna expansion will release this week, and with it there'll be a whole bunch of new equipment and mods.

Warframe-Builder cannot be open sourced in the state it is right now. It needs to be completely redone because the code is the worst mess ever created. It's best to start over than trying to fix what already exists. It's alpha code from 5 years ago with 5 years of new features never anticipated and never added properly. It takes time to find reliable people to work on this, time that I don't have right now. But things may change in the next months depending on how my other project works, and open-sourcing Warframe-Builder with a team of volunteers working on it is more than a possibility if things go well for me. But now is not the right time to talk about this. I'll make an announcement if necessary in the next months. Just be informed that I have this in mind.

The Paracesis thing is fixed on my computer, I'll upload this tomorrow along with the mod if I find the time to add it tomorrow.

Edited by Stoi84

It appears the Blood Rush calculations are incorrect on the builder.  The builder has the first +165% crit apply even when the combo counter drop down is set to 1x.  To apply properly, the value of the combo counter needs to have 1 subtracted from it so it applies 82.5% at 1.5, and 165% and 2 etc.  This error heavily weights builds in Blood Rush's favor, even over maiming strike.

Also, the set bonuses for at least the Gladiator set aren't being applied.  This is the set that adds crit on combo building.  Changing the combo counter with these mods equiped does not change the crit chance

Edited by Lohoydo

Is there any plan to ever fix the HTTPS setup for Warframe Builder?

Firstly, it's 2018 and certs are extremely easy (and usually free) to get nowadays, Let's Encrypt be praised. Secondly, you're offering an account system on an HTTP-only site, which is a security issue in itself. Thirdly, plaintext passwords just enhance that security issue even further, they're a security sin for everyone, even if you were already using TLS.

Those are just the main things I noticed after a quick check, and I hope they'll be fixed at some point.

The credentials for the accounts are randomly generated. There's no personal or sensible data involved in the account system, if we can call this an account system, because it's just a randomly generated username and a randomly generated password to retrieve your saved builds. There's nothing to steal, the only thing you can lose is your builds, but I don't think anyone will try to intercept your data just to get rid of your builds. So until I have more free time in the future to dedicate to this, unfortunately, nothing will change.

Set bonuses aren't working, I already stated this many times in the last weeks, they are too much work right now, I don't have the time for this. The only thing working is the Umbra set if I recall correctly. This is not a definitive no, it's just that I don't have the time for this right now.