Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Builder

Stoi84

And here we are, a new major update for Warframe Builder. I updated the website with the new cool design of the mods from U14... oh wait, no, this is not cool. So I didn't do that. Instead, I come to you with the new Weapon Comparator ! What is the Weapon Comparator ? It's an enhanced version of an outdated tool you guys probably know, Dpsframe. An enhanced version means something similar but up to date and with new nice features (some still on the to-do list). So first of all, I want to give the credit of the idea to the author of Dpsframe, Gogge. We are not associated in any way and the Weapon Comparator is a brand new tool, but I couldn't have this idea without Dpsframe.

Even if most of you will probably know how to use the tool after a minute, I'll explain all the possibilities. The Weapon Comparator layout looks like Dpsframe, so you guys should not be lost. 

weapon_comparator.png

Let's start with the filters and options/tools, in the black area. The first line is for the filters, the second for the options. As you can see, all the weapons are in the same list, you can thus compare a pistol with a rifle if you want. Write something in the box to filter the weapons with the string you wrote. Tick or untick the boxes to show or hide the weapons by type. This can be combined with the filter by name. The drop down menu let you sort the weapons by a lot of things. If you sort by any kind of DPS (burst, sustained, vs faction or not), this value will be shown in orange in the stats, try it. The refresh button near the drop down menu let you refresh the sorting if you change mods. You can also only show selected weapons. Tick the box of the weapons you want to keep, and tick the 'Only selected weapons' box to see only the selectd weapons. This setting will overwrite all others setting while it's active. If you select a pistol and hide the pistols, it'll be shown if you tick this box. Use the 'Unselect all' button to unselect all weapons.

The second line is for the options and tools. The first 2 checkboxes allow you to hide the numbers near the mods (which are the damage added by an additional rank of the mod), and the tooltip if you move your mouse over the damage report. These settings are stored in a cookie, and will be conserved the next time you use the tool. Disabling the numbers near the mods will save you loading time, and activating this option when disabled will take a few second. You can also remove all the mods from all the weapons, or reset all the weapons. These two tools could take a few seconds to execute.

Let's now see a weapon. As you can see, the layout is similar to Dpsframe, it's just more colored for better readability. There are 3 options next to the name of a weapon. The first one is the magic button. If your build is valid, it'll export the build to the builder and put the formas for you. Second button is to reset the weapon, and third is to remove the mods. Under you have a bunch of average DPS values against each faction. They are the average values from the damage report, below. The shot detail is exactly what the name says, it's the detail of the average damage of a shot, including everything (critical, multishot, damage first shot in clip, etc...). This is the damage for a shot and not a DPS value, and like the builder, it'll include all bullets for burst weapons. You can use the little arrows to switch from base detail to build detail. Next, you can see the statistics of the weapon, and you can also use the little arrows to toggle to the base stats. The damage report will combine the elements for you and will show the damage with elements or combinations against each faction. The damages shown are an average value. Move your mouse over the value to see the detailled damage report, if you didn't disabled it in the options. You can use the little arrows to toggle from burst DPS values to sustained DPS values. And finally, the mods. Use the +/- button to change the rank of a mod, or click the current rank to switch from unequipped to max rank. The number near the mods, you didn't disabled it in the options, is the DPS gain if you give another rank to the mod. If the mod is already at max rank, it's the damage you'll lose if you remove a rank. Use the little arrows to toggle from burst DPS values to sustained DPS values.

And I think this is it... for now. Please note that I use more accurate values in this tool than in the builder, so you can have a little difference with the numbers displayed in the builder. This is not a bug, this is about how the values are rounded and used. And this is of course, available in the three languages. The link is the top left menu, near the latest builds.

Now, what's not in the Weapon Comparator yet and what is planned. I'm also listening your ideas, feel free to give them to me.

-Angstrum charged shot and Stug charged shot are not available yet. I need more data, especially about the charge time of the Angstrum with 4 and 5 magazine size.

-Ability to affect all the mods with the same name from all the weapons is planned.

-You'll be able to isolate a weapon and create other instances of this weapon to compare different builds.

-Bonus from Warframe skills (Rhino Roar, etc) are planned.

-Best base builds for the weapons

I haven't done much tests, and there are probably some problems. What I want first is to get rid of all the problems related to the numbers. So if you find any wrong value, please try to explain the current setup as best as possible (weapon, mods, filters used, etc) thus I can reproduce the issue and fix the problem.

Edited by Stoi84

And here we are, a new major update for Warframe Builder. I updated the website with the new cool design of the mods from U14... oh wait, no, this is not cool. So I didn't do that. Instead, I come to you with the new Weapon Comparator ! What is the Weapon Comparator ? It's an enhanced version of an outdated tool you guys probably know, Dpsframe. An enhanced version means something similar but up to date and with new nice features (some still on the to-do list). So first of all, I want to give the credit of the idea to the author of Dpsframe, Gogge. We are not associated in any way and the Weapon Comparator is a brand new tool, but I couldn't have this idea without Dpsframe.

Even if most of you will probably know how to use the tool after a minute, I'll explain all the possibilities. The Weapon Comparator layout looks like Dpsframe, so you guys should not be lost. 

weapon_comparator.png

Let's start with the filters and options/tools, in the black area. The first line is for the filters, the second for the options. As you can see, all the weapons are in the same list, you can thus compare a pistol with a rifle if you want. Write something in the box to filter the weapons with the string you wrote. Tick or untick the boxes to show or hide the weapons by type. This can be combined with the filter by name. The drop down menu let you sort the weapons by a lot of things. If you sort by any kind of DPS (burst, sustained, vs faction or not), this value will be shown in orange in the stats, try it. The refresh button near the drop down menu let you refresh the sorting if you change mods. You can also only show selected weapons. Tick the box of the weapons you want to keep, and tick the 'Only selected weapons' box to see only the selectd weapons. This setting will overwrite all others setting while it's active. If you select a pistol and hide the pistols, it'll be shown if you tick this box. Use the 'Unselect all' button to unselect all weapons.

The second line is for the options and tools. The first 2 checkboxes allow you to hide the numbers near the mods (which are the damage added by an additional rank of the mod), and the tooltip if you move your mouse over the damage report. These settings are stored in a cookie, and will be conserved the next time you use the tool. Disabling the numbers near the mods will save you loading time, and activating this option when disabled will take a few second. You can also remove all the mods from all the weapons, or reset all the weapons. These two tools could take a few seconds to execute.

Let's now see a weapon. As you can see, the layout is similar to Dpsframe, it's just more colored for better readability. There are 3 options next to the name of a weapon. The first one is the magic button. If your build is valid, it'll export the build to the builder and put the formas for you. Second button is to reset the weapon, and third is to remove the mods. Under you have a bunch of average DPS values against each faction. They are the average values from the damage report, below. The shot detail is exactly what the name says, it's the detail of the average damage of a shot, including everything (critical, multishot, damage first shot in clip, etc...). This is the damage for a shot and not a DPS value, and like the builder, it'll include all bullets for burst weapons. You can use the little arrows to switch from base detail to build detail. Next, you can see the statistics of the weapon, and you can also use the little arrows to toggle to the base stats. The damage report will combine the elements for you and will show the damage with elements or combinations against each faction. The damages shown are an average value. Move your mouse over the value to see the detailled damage report, if you didn't disabled it in the options. You can use the little arrows to toggle from burst DPS values to sustained DPS values. And finally, the mods. Use the +/- button to change the rank of a mod, or click the current rank to switch from unequipped to max rank. The number near the mods, you didn't disabled it in the options, is the DPS gain if you give another rank to the mod. If the mod is already at max rank, it's the damage you'll lose if you remove a rank. Use the little arrows to toggle from burst DPS values to sustained DPS values.

And I think this is it... for now. Please note that I use more accurate values in this tool than in the builder, so you can have a little difference with the numbers displayed in the builder. This is not a bug, this is about how the values are rounded and used. And this is of course, available in the three languages. The link is the top left menu, near the latest builds.

Now, what's not in the Weapon Comparator yet and what is planned. I'm also listening your ideas, feel free to give them to me.
-Angstrum charged shot and Stug charged shot are not available yet. I need more data, especially about the charge time of the Angstrum with 4 and 5 magazine size.
-Ability to affect all the mods with the same name from all the weapons is planned.
-You'll be able to isolate a weapon and create other instances of this weapon to compare different builds.
-Bonus from Warframe skills (Rhino Roar, etc) are planned.
-Best base builds for the weapons

I haven't done much tests, and there are probably some problems. What I want first is to get rid of all the problems related to the numbers. So if you find any wrong value, please try to explain the current setup as best as possible (weapon, mods, filters used, etc) thus I can reproduce the issue and fix the problem.

Very, very good update, Stoi! Keep it up!

could you please update the crit % chance of the snipers? i have lanka in mind, im not sure if you already changed vectis.

thank you alot! your builder has been helping me alot. keep up the good work

Edited by .Belial

could you please update the crit % chance of the snipers? i have lanka in mind, im not sure if you already changed vectis.

They're both showing as 25% for me, thats right, isn't it?

Be aware that you probably forgot to change Lanka into charged shot mode (click on the 'NON CHARGED' text)

I'm looking for 1 or 2 persons to help managing the builds. Average, it'll only takes a few minutes each day. If you want to give some help, please send me a private message. Giving some informations about your experience with Warframe could be a good idea.

Thanks.

I don't know if you're still looking but i would be happy to help, use the site very often and do notice many outdated or incorrect builds

Edited by Galthur

I need 3 videos of the Angstrum doing charged shots, with 4, 5 and 6 ammo in magazine, at 60fps. If you can do that, please send me the link to the videos by PM. I need to be able to download the videos easily (no youtube or DM). Thanks in advance.

Saryn's Miasma's Dmg is wrong as well, I think. Wikia says that total dmg should be 1500 Corrosive dmg, not 1875, unless Wikia is wrong. 

It's correct. As Stoi pointed out, Miasma gets a bonus tick to it's damage. This is the reason reducing the duration makes it deal more damage - because that extra tick becomes more powerful.

It's correct. As Stoi pointed out, Miasma gets a bonus tick to it's damage. This is the reason reducing the duration makes it deal more damage - because that extra tick becomes more powerful.

Huh... so you will get more than the 1500 when reducing duration...

So that means that Saryn can be a team-oriented Ash due to the CC... plus it's Corrosive... how does no one notice this?

And also Venom can proc Viral... and it does an AoE of 16m at maxed rank...

Looks like I just got some really good ideas for Saryn. :D

Hello Stoi. First of all. . . I'm a real big fan of your warframe builder website. It really helps me plan my forma layouts and build weapons and frames in accordance to my preferred playstyle so that I don't waste my time putting the wrong forma on and having to sigh in disappointment later. :)) Just a curious question though. . . I've always wondered on how your editable "aura mod damage" mechanic works. Might you be able to clarify it for me? And what if (just a humble suggestion). . . in-place of the aura mod damage you can place editable "rifle amp" and "corrosive projection" tabs instead. . . for ease of building and calculation of weapons? Since we know that Rifle Amp is still better than Dead Eye we can just omit the latter. :3 Hope to hear from you, and I'm real excited as well on the new weapons comparator. :D Awesome, awesome job on that. Thanks in advance.