Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Builder

Stoi84

Can you allow us to use Manticore on the Scindo and Scindo Prime. since they also provide a buff similar to the Arcane helmets?

This is something I could add in the future yes, but for now I'm busy with another big update so I can't tell when I'll do this.

Here we are! Another major update for Warframe Builder, the version 2.0!

As you can see, there's a brand new design for this version, which is the major change for the moment. So, what's new ?

-New fixed menu bar on top with quick links to your favorites pages.

-New home page with a new 'News & Announcements' box as well as links to everything.

-Removed the build count (the number into brackets), this slowed down the page.

-New builder design, name and forma count are on the left, forma/reactor and export to another object on the right, and the tools, previously showed as icons (export, search, save, etc...) are now under and displayed as text. The mod list is beneath this  and now scrolls horizontally with mouse wheel support. And beneath the mods, the slots for the mods, the builder. New hover effect when you change the polarities.

-Saving builds is now a little bit different. To save a private build, you have to check a box to explicitly tell you want to save a private build. The name minimum length dropped from 12 to 3 and you can now add a description to your private builds with no characters limitation. To save a public build, you have to check a box to explicitly tell you've read and understood the rules. No changes in the name and description minimum length here, 12 and 60 respectively.

-Added the rules you have to read and understand when you save a public build, the link is in the 'save build' window, near the bow you have to check and will open in a new window.

-When a moderator will privatize your build, the description won't be lost anymore. This is not a reason to set the build again to public without any edition. The number of builds privatized and deleted for your account is stored and a too high number can lead to a banishment.

-You can hide the list of mods in the comparator, and the image of the weapon is now displayed.

-Better ads integration. Top ad is part of the design and bottom ad can be closed. Please think of disabling your ad blocker to support the work done.

-New footer with a lot of links.

-Fixed 'send to' function for Warframes.

-Fixed performance issues with the checkboxes on the builder page.

-Precept polarity will be sorted first for the sentinels when sorting by polarity (was last before)3

-Updated russian and french translation3

-Critical checkbox, multishot checkbox, faction damage checkbox and damage for 1st shot in clip checkbox are now ticked by default, which means the damage are affected by the critical values by default, and the effect of these mods will affect the damage as soon as they are equipped. For the faction damage, the last you've equipped will be used for the damage calculation (in the case you equip more than one).

-New help system for the builders and the comparator

Don't forget to hit F5 if something seems wrong ! Your browser cache may use old pictures or javascript files.

As always, report any problem you find.

Edited by Stoi84

Looks like a nice update, might take me a little while to adjust to the new look but it seems to work well. Definitely liking the new front page too.

Just to clarify, though I investigated myself by attempting to search my name, are previously private (no description) builds all automatically set to private?

Really appreciate the addition of descriptions for private builds too, will help me in future so I can leave myself notes about possible variations of particular builds rather than trying to remember.

Я хочу стать модератором в  WarFrame Builder буду делать много полезных билдов как для новичков так и для про ! Спасибо за просмотр

В контакте я уже помогаю новичкам с билдами если\

ранг в игре 9 

Edited by andreyPRO100

Looks like a nice update, might take me a little while to adjust to the new look but it seems to work well. Definitely liking the new front page too.

Just to clarify, though I investigated myself by attempting to search my name, are previously private (no description) builds all automatically set to private?

Really appreciate the addition of descriptions for private builds too, will help me in future so I can leave myself notes about possible variations of particular builds rather than trying to remember.

Yeah all builds with no description should be private if everything worked as expected.

I also received PM for the moderators, I'll take care of this in the next days.

Edited by Stoi84

First off outstanding job! Thank you for the time and effort you have put into this. 

Question regarding Rhino prime. The thrak helmet seems to effect the health description but not the speed(that is probably due to it being base speed not sprint speed I believe as per the wiki). The other thing which is bigger in my eyes is we don't see the negative effect of the Vanguard helm on the power strength of the abilities. 

I discussed this in this thread here. Since the addition of the helms are new I assumed there needed to be some edges ironed out. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2i0h3s/vanguard_rhino_helm_5_power_strength_question/

Edited by NitroFrost

The speed seems to work for me with the Thrak Helmet, Rhino Prime sprint speed drop from 1.00 to 0.95 with the helmet. The sprint speed is not affected by the Vanguard Helmet because the wiki says it's movement speed. So you see +25%SPEED in the detailed report. I can change this to affect the sprint speed if you can give me a source speaking about that.

Indeed, the Vanguard Helmet -5% malus to base power strenght does not seem to work, it's displayed in the report, but does not affect the damage. I can't tell if it's a bug or if I didn't do anything for this, I can't remember. I'll put this on the to-do list.

Edited by Stoi84

The speed seems to work for me with the Thrak Helmet, Rhino Prime sprint speed drop from 1.00 to 0.95 with the helmet. The sprint speed is not affected by the Vanguard Helmet because the wiki says it's movement speed. So you see +25%SPEED in the detailed report. I can change this to affect the sprint speed if you can give me a source speaking about that.

Indeed, the Vanguard Helmet -5% malus to base power strenght does not seem to work, it's displayed in the report, but does not affect the damage. I can't tell if it's a bug or if I didn't do anything for this, I can't remember. I'll put this on the to-do list.

About the speed. I believe I mixed that up with the Thrak and Vanguard since the Vanguard didn't seem to change the sprint speed but on the wiki it states that its movement speed and not sprint speed being effected and on the thrak it states sprint speed so that all makes sense. 

Thanks for checking into the strength mod. Appreciate it. I was doing some min maxing with some builds and noticed that and was wondering if I was missing something. 

Some general personal feedback about 2.0 builder:

1st: I like the positioning better, I don't have to side scroll anymore if I want to build something in half-sized window.

2nd: I don't like that you can see less mods in a single screen.

3rd: I really would like to have night mode (darker skin).

4th: It's not really about the new look, but I like that you made multishot/faction mod/crit multipliers checked by default.

I hate the new layout and definitely preferred the older one. Worked better, looked better and looked more "professional". Now t looks as if someone was starting their adventure with designing websites.

+ you can't choose alternate helmet for nyx prime.

I hate the new layout and definitely preferred the older one. Worked better, looked better and looked more "professional". Now t looks as if someone was starting their adventure with designing websites.

Worked better ? Can you explain, I'm curious. The builder seems to work as expected, the weapon comparator too, recents builds are displayed, I improved the private builds, I added mousewheel support for the mod list, a new help system... More professional ? Can you explain, I'm curious. There was no layout before, it was simply a gradient background and there was a lot of issues with smaller screen resolutions that are now fixed. Seriously, you can dislike the new layout I don't mind, but if you want to say something about my knowledge as a webmaster and have a little credibility, please come with a few arguments that are not related to your tastes. For now, you seem like the guy who start his adventure with the web review :o

I noticed you can't change the arcane helmet on Nyx Prime. I wanna put on my on Vespa helmet. Besides that, amazing job!

I'll fix this soon.

Edited by Stoi84

Hey thanks for making this site.  I like it a lot.  Also the new layout is phenomenal due to the page load lag basically not being noticeable anymore (when the javascript is kicking in i believe).

Any way you can bring the numbers back next to the frames, weapons, sentinels, etc that show how many build are currently publicly viewable?

How is popularity determined? 

Also a section where you can show popular user submitted Load outs would be so great!

Thanks

I removed the build count because it was a too greedy query for my low cost server. It was slowing down the page too much for the little benefit it gives now, almost everything has a lot of builds and it's not really helpful to know there's 50 or 80 builds I think.

Popularity is based on the daily number of visits, as well as the time spend on a build (to read the description for example), and the referrers. There's a daily cap of popularity a build can get, and it should not go over 10, which is the maximum is everything work as expected. Popularity is divided by 2 each day for each build at 0.00 am server time (France), so builds have to be popular over the time. There was a voting system before (up/down) but it was used in a abusive way and not used a lot to show the real value of a build. The popularity is not a really good system but it encourages people to write good descriptions (get more popularity with the time spend by the users on the build), and share the link to get the popularity bonus from referrers. There's a 'promote' system, but no one is working on this at the moment. A build can be promoted for 2 days and will be shown at the top of the results, to help increase its popularity. I have a few applications to help as moderators, so I could ask some people to work on this, but this is a lot of work so I don't know yet.

A section with popular builds could be nice, but I think I can improve your idea and create a global 'best builds' page, where you can see the best builds selected by the moderators. But this is gonna create a more important difference in popularity between the selected builds and the others. A popular page based on popularity is not that great because as I said, the popularity system is not very good. I'll think about something like this and see how much work it is for me and for the moderators.

Edited by Stoi84