Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Builder

Stoi84

New little tool, the hacking security minigame, enhanced version. You can now test your skills in Warframe Builder and try to hack both the official ciphers and the new custom ciphers. Due to HTML restrictions, sometimes, you'll need to move the mouse a little bit more inside than expected to activate the hexagon. This is because the pictures are rectangles, and the transparent part of a picture can overlap another picture a little bit.

Your personal stats are saved in the database if you are logged in when playing. Otherwise, the stats will be lost when you leave the page. Another thing, GLOBAL LEADERBOARDS ARE NOT PLANNED at the moment, because I don't want to deal with cheaters.

I also accept new ciphers requests. If i forgot one official cipher, please send me a screenshot. If you want to submit a custom cipher, please send me a picture of your idea. The best ideas will be added over the time. Oh, and you can create new hexagons !

If you find any problem, please report to me (score not saving, cipher won when hexagons are not in the right position, etc).

------------------------------------

-Added Blind Justice mod

-Redirection now affect Sanctuary

Edited by Stoi84

Been wondering about this for a while thinking it'd be fixed eventually since Boltor Prime is so widely used but...

Is there any particular reason Boltor Prime base damage stats don't match in game stats or wiki? (5% higher than actual?)

o9OjdmJ.jpg

Weapon one has max Serration and Hcal using base weapon stats that can be seen in game.

Weapon two has max Serration and Hcal using base weapon stats that can be seen on WF builder.

Enemy selected for test has no bonus or penalty vs impact and puncture dmg. Max serration and Hcal was chosen to help avoid round off errors. Game always seems to round down to whole numbers when displaying damage. Modeling the weapon with 5.5 impact and 49.5 puncture matches in game test data perfectly.

Edit:

Since this example is simple enough I'll write this out (no need to figure out what spreadsheet is doing >.>):

(5.5+49.5)*(1+3.3) = 236.5

Edited by Quizel

Been wondering about this for a while thinking it'd be fixed eventually since Boltor Prime is so widely used but...

Is there any particular reason Boltor Prime base damage stats don't match in game stats or wiki? (5% higher than actual?)

o9OjdmJ.jpg

Weapon one has max Serration and Hcal using base weapon stats that can be seen in game.

Weapon two has max Serration and Hcal using base weapon stats that can be seen on WF builder.

Enemy selected for test has no bonus or penalty vs impact and puncture dmg. Max serration and Hcal was chosen to help avoid round off errors. Game always seems to round down to whole numbers when displaying damage. Modeling the weapon with 5.5 impact and 49.5 puncture matches in game test data perfectly.

Edit:

Since this example is simple enough I'll write this out (no need to figure out what spreadsheet is doing >.>):

(5.5+49.5)*(1+3.3) = 236.5

Sorry for the time you wasted writing/testing this. Same question previous page, same answer here, it's because now, since Warframe Builder v2, the critical values are, by default, used in the formula. Untick the box if you want to see the base values without the average damage added by the critical values. Everything is explained on the help page by the way.

474969damage.png

Edit: This is true for the weapon comparator too but there you can't remove the critical values from the formula.

Edited by Stoi84

Same question previous page, same answer here, it's because now, since Warframe Builder v2, the critical values are, by default, used in the formula.

Untick the box if you want to see the base values without the average damage added by the critical values. Everything is explained on the help page by the way.

TBH one would think is not that hard to think of this... like really not that hard.

It needed to be said, and it's in the fracking help page FFS.

Not sure if they changed this, but my Brakk has the exact opposite natural Polarization that the one on the Builder has.  Not a problem once Forma'd but noteworthy.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Katotsu/screenshot/535125678663805103

Edit: also, the base status on the Builder is 9.93%.  In game it says 10%.  Is there a reason its .07 off?

Edited by Katotsu

Not sure if they changed this, but my Brakk has the exact opposite natural Polarization that the one on the Builder has.  Not a problem once Forma'd but noteworthy.

As you can swap polarities in the builder this should not be a problem.

Edit: also, the base status on the Builder is 9.93%.  In game it says 10%.  Is there a reason its .07 off?

The builder calculates the probability of you getting a proc per shot, not the proc chance per pellet as the game UI, so the builder gives you a more precise value (hope its clear).

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Katotsu/screenshot/535125678663805103

The builder is not using 10%, but a more complex formula to try to reach this 10% value, with a base value for each pellet (1.04/pellet in this case). Now, the difference is very small because they changed their formula to something more precise too, but a few months ago the formula used in the builder was way more precise than the formula in game.

I'm gonna test a new ad format for the next days to see if it's worth it. The ads are placed outside the design and loaded asynchronously, in the unused space, so it should not change anything for the people not using ad blockers. It's like a small background image each side of the design instead of the grey background.

I'll give a first explanation about what I'll do about the Warframe builds with U15, thus you guys know what you'll have to do with your builds.

The old builds won't work with the new '9 mods' system (8 mods + aura). So, the first thing, all the Warframe builds will be privatized in order to prevent a flow of people asking why the builds don't work. Remember, you can see all your builds in your account. The builds are half lost in fact, the mods won't work when you open the build, but the name and the description still work. So, if you open an old build that I've privatized, you won't see any mods equipped, but when you'll click the 'Edit build' button, the name and the description will be displayed in the form. You'll only have to create a new set of mods for the builds, and edit the description and the name if needed.

If you are not sure to remember what your builds were, you should take a screenshot of the mods. Problems may happen, thus I encourage people who wrote a long description to save it in a .txt file, just to be sure. You'll have 2 to 3 weeks to update your builds. After this delay, I'll delete all the old builds not updated to relieve the database.

I also recommend that you wait for U15 to save new Warframe builds.

I'll give a first explanation about what I'll do about the Warframe builds with U15, thus you guys know what you'll have to do with your builds.

The old builds won't work with the new '9 mods' system (8 mods + aura). So, the first thing, all the Warframe builds will be privatized in order to prevent a flow of people asking why the builds don't work. Remember, you can see all your builds in your account. The builds are half lost in fact, the mods won't work when you open the build, but the name and the description still work. So, if you open an old build that I've privatized, you won't see any mods equipped, but when you'll click the 'Edit build' button, the name and the description will be displayed in the form. You'll only have to create a new set of mods for the builds, and edit the description and the name if needed.

If you are not sure to remember what your builds were, you should take a screenshot of the mods. Problems may happen, thus I encourage people who wrote a long description to save it in a .txt file, just to be sure. You'll have 2 to 3 weeks to update your builds. After this delay, I'll delete all the old builds not updated to relieve the database.

I also recommend that you wait for U15 to save new Warframe builds.

Isn't a best solution do what was done with melee weapons before its change? Remove all those builds.

This is pretty much what I'll do when I'll privatize all the builds. But instead of deleting all the builds with the update of the builder, I'll give you the opportunity to update your build, during 2 or 3 weeks. This is mainly because some people put a lot of efforts into the description of their build and I don't want this to be lost. The builds will be deleted, as I said, after this delay.

There's a lot of new mods with U15, I also need to take a lot at the Archwings to see if it's worth adding them to the builder. So, it'll take a few days to update the builder. Feel free to send me screenshots of the new mods.

There's a lot of new mods with U15, I also need to take a lot at the Archwings to see if it's worth adding them to the builder. So, it'll take a few days to update the builder. Feel free to send me screenshots of the new mods.

Take your time mate, your work is truly awesome! If you don't add archwing, who cares, still the most awesome page! (just wanted to get rid of this, I can only imagine how much work it takes to make smth this good  : P )

Edited by YavielsNight

I need screenshots for these mods.

Ruinous Extension, Terminal Velocity, Continuous Misery, Lingering Torment, Perpetual Agony, Lasting Sting, Rapid Resilience, Transient Fortitude

I also need a screenshot of an Archwing modding layout.

Please send me a private message if you take one, it will help a lot.
Edited by Stoi84

You can do the maths yourself.

Impact : 76 * 3.4 (point blank + vicious spread + blaze) * 1.15 (critical) = 297.16

Puncture: 17,6* 3.4 (point blank + vicious spread + blaze) * 1.15 (critical) = 68.816

Slash: 23.4 * 3.4 (point blank + vicious spread + blaze) * 1.15 (critical) = 91.494

Fire : (297.16 + 68.82 + 91.49) (Impact + Puncture + Slash) * 1.2 (Blaze + Brasier Dispersant) = 548.964

Rate of Fire : 5.8 * 1.84 (Shotgun Spazz + Tainted Shell) = 10.672

The values ​​are consistent in the builder. A difference of less than a point can be a rounded value (76 is in fact 76.05, 17.6 is in fact 17.55). The wiki use these values (76.05 and 17.55), so maybe someone already find the real values. You can do the maths with 76.05 and 17.55 and tell me if it's the same result as in game. If so, I'll update the values for Impact and Puncture.

Edited by Stoi84

I'm almost done with the work on the update. There are a lot of things with U15 + a new feature, that's why this is taking a long time. There's 50% chance to see the update tomorrow, and if this is not possible, in 48 hours.

Edit : I'm looking for screenshots of the mods : Bleeding Edge and Cutting Edge (not updated on the wiki at the moment). Thanks.

Edited by Stoi84