Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Builder

Stoi84

Request: Create a field for Headshot %.

Context: A friend and I were talking about builds for the Vulkar Wraith. We both decided that crit was the way to go. However, he stated that the Argon Scope in my build should be replaced by an elemental mod because it increases the dps according to Warframe Builder. This puzzled me because of how much crit damage stacks multiplicatively, especially with headshots. So I checked the math on Warframe Builder with the math on the Wiki and realized you were using a headshot % of 0. When building crit weapons it is very important to factor in the chance of a headshot because of the 2x headcrit damage bonus.

On 2/3/2016 at 5:28 PM, Stoi84 said:

As I already explained, the updates like this one that are not major updates (major updates is the new stuff added to the game) are not possible at the moment because I'm busy with other projects. The last week with almost one update per day was an exception, I can't work that much on WB all the time.

Just the post above yours. Well, it's on the other page.

BUG : handles crit chance >200% not correctly (probably), you might have forgotten to cap it

prisma dual cleavers, mods : 1 maxed blood rush

select 5x combo

dps is 984.550 instead of 175*(1 + 0%*(3-1) + 100%*(3*2-1 -1)) = 875

add 1 maxed organ shatter

dps is 2077.442 instead of 175*(1 + 0%*(5.7-1) + 100%*(5.7*2-1 -1)) = 1820

There is the formula i use : average crit multiplier = 1 + chance*(multiplier-1) or 1 + yellowchance*(multiplier-1) + redchance*(multiplier*2-1 -1) if the chance is above 100% (200% hard cap) with yellowchance = 200% - chance and redchance = chance -100%. On x3 conbo the value is correct, hence my assumption that you didn't cap it.

GJ on the website tho, it's great.

edit : @technophilly 's request can be streamlined to a "headshot" checkbox that doubles the crit multiplier and overall dps and would be a huge improvement to crit weapon builds (cos ppl can't math properly and don't undersand how meta the crit is in the game). It would also remove the need to open a calculator :P

Edited by vazerd68

I couldn't find someone making the same request or I overlooked so forgive me if it's already asked

Request: A Builder for Artemis Bow

I'm constantly using another weapon as a replacement as a Pseudo-Artemis Bow replacement but it's always blocking me since you cant really add power strength to a weapon. Please attempt if possible

3 hours ago, YourCuteSister said:

Little word about ads.

So far I okay with 'em, but there is one thing that annoys me — pop-up windows with sound. Especially with "Magerealm: Rise Of Chaos". I usually have my system volume st to max level and use players sound controls. So this one pop-up can be very disturbing sometimes.

Link on this one.

I don't like ads with sound too, but as I already explained, I have a little control over the ads that are displayed. I sent a message to the two advertising companies to know if something can be done. I can't guarantee anything, I'll wait for their answers.

Ok I think the ad with sound will be removed soon. If you ever find another one, let me know, they need to be reported 1 by 1, I can't block, them by myself, I have to ask for it.

Edited by Stoi84

-Updated the scythes.
-Added the Warframe Inaros.
-Added the weapons Mutalist Cernos, the Dual Toxocyst and Lesion.
-Removed the osbolete charge speed stat from the Orthos.
-Added the mods Anti-Flak Plating, Power of Three, Ward Recovery, Discharge Strike, Deceptive Bond, Prism Guard, Antimatter Mine, Push & Pull, Rumbled, Mesa's Waltz.

5 hours ago, TheShyro said:

Can we get an option to pay to remove ads.

They are really agressive imo.

It's not planned. The message concerning the ad blocker is temporary, it's more little reminder for some time. There'll be more way to support my work in the future.

On 7/3/2016 at 11:22 AM, YourCuteSister said:

del

It's because the thread was considered as a question, and your comment was downvoted. By default, it was sorted by rating. Now the thread has been moved to a normal subforum and everything is sorted by date only again.

4 hours ago, Rickamortys said:

Inaros has a v polarity where he should not have one. I believe he just has two D polarities a dash aura polarity and dash exilus polarity. 

Fixed.

10 hours ago, hurlawhirl said:

Request: Add Manticore Skin for Scindo and Scindo Prime

Not yet, but probably in the future. It's too much work at the moment.

So the ads have gotten so obnoxious that I blocked them on your domain.

Now you're resorting to a timed warning about me blocking ads? Classy.

You've basically ensured I never enable ads or pay for anything you do.

Edited by madSimon

4 minutes ago, Contra-Productive said:

Hey. Thank you for this great website! i'd gladly support it with Adblock disabled. sadly, there are so many popups, i immediatly re-enabled my ad-blocker again. it's simply too much. go for a decent amount of ads, no annoying popups or "press X to close AD" 's

What is 'too much' ? I have 2 popups / day from France. Some ads are targetted and there may be a few differences from other countries, I'm curious about this, let me know if you experience a way bigger amount. But anyway, how long does it takes to close 3 or 4 popups ? I just spent another 25 minutes just to add 4 mods. This is what I try to explain again and again. Even if you (not you, a user in general) use Warframe Builder for years, the time you spend closing the ads is ridiculous compared to the time it takes to keep the Warframe Builder updated.

7 minutes ago, Stoi84 said:

What is 'too much' ? I have 2 popups / day from France. Some ads are targetted and there may be a few differences from other countries, I'm curious about this, let me know if you experience a way bigger amount. But anyway, how long does it takes to close 3 or 4 popups ? I just spent another 25 minutes just to add 4 mods. This is what I try to explain again and again. Even if you (not you, a user in general) use Warframe Builder for years, the time you spend closing the ads is ridiculous compared to the time it takes to keep the Warframe Builder updated.

yeah... sure. lets do the maths here:

100 guys using your website with annoying ads.

70 use adblocker.

40/70 use adblocker, because they dont value your effort and have adblock always on. 

30/70 use it because of the annoying popups and ads (some might actually never use your website again, because informations are  not exactly "easily and quickly accessable")

so you can either say no to the 30/70 guys, or offer more convinient ads and say hello to +30 guys displaying ads again.

ofcourse it would make sense to let them know you changed the ads, to non-annoying ads, so that they notice and disable their ADB to see for themselves.

Hm. maybe you get more money the other way, but a german youtuber calculated, that this is not the case.

It's not how you should take the question. It's not only about money and definitely not about maths, it's more about how important is the work done for the users. To me, the only math that matters is the average number of users with an ad blocker because to me it means that they don't want to reward my work. You don't even imagine the time I spent working on Warframe Builder these last 2 years. And regarding the time and effort I put in this, it's normal to ask for some kind of gratitude. This is expressed by disabling the ad blocker.

My vision is, if I spend 5 to 50 hours per month to work on Warframe Builder, it's not abnormal to ask each user to spend 10 to 15 seconds each day to close the ads. I always read that the ads are annoying. Don't you think it's annoying to work hours and hours and see that 50% of the users think that 15s of their time is more important that all you did ? Don't you think the time spent on closing the ads is worth what Warframe Builder is ? You really think that adding mods and weapons is fun ? I'm more annoyed than any user will ever be by Warframe Builder, because I feel that I have the obligation to update it, I always feel like I have to justify myself about everything I do, I have to handle all the unhappy guys in private messages, I have to answer all the questions about how it works, about the requests and the things that does not work, I went into multiples problems because this is a complex website, and much more. But, this is still online, and still updated. This is why I think there's no annoying ads.

Why did I put this message on Warframe Builder ? It's because sometimes, I'm tired. I want to see some gratitude. I'm tired of what ? I'm tired of how a part of the users act. They want everything for free, they don't want to give anything in return, they don't even understand or try to understand why the things are what they are. In fact, it's the exact opposite, sometimes I have the feeling that I owe something to the users. When I read of hear some of them, or see how they act, it's the feeling I sometimes have.

To reply more precisely to your message, if there's this precise amount of ads, it's because they are needed at the moment. Since the begining of the ads,more than 50% of the users where using an ad blocker. More adds were added to cover the costs and reach and acceptable amount of return to me. The message you read when your ad blocker is enabled has two purposes. The first is to sensitize the users to everything I explained. The second, if the answer of the users is positive (which means less ads blocked), will be to remove one of the pop unders, which won't be needed anymore.

What I always expected Warframe Builder to be, is a win-win community website. I'm doing the work, the updates, all the stuff I spoke about earlier, and the community disables its ad blocker to support this. I think I did the part of my job, and now I'm waiting from a stronger answer by the community. A loss-win system will never work and will only lead to a loss-loss, unfortunately. We are far from this, and I'm satisfied that an average of 7% of the users changed their mind about the ad blockers these last two days. But I think this is important to speak about this and ask for support.

I'm not native english, so I'm not sure about the tone of my message. So I'll write this here. The purpose of this message is to explain, I'm not blaming you or anything like this because of your answer, I'm always open for discussion as long as it looks like a discussion.

Edited by Stoi84

Stoi84, thanks so much for your work. I disabled the ad block, Waiting for a better way to help in your project.

Btw, I have a problem. I don't remember my password and I never receive the mail for reset it.

Again thanks so much for your time and work.

Like you said I think it needs to be a collaborative effort. Tell people that disabling ad blocker is required to keep the website online, and then mention that they just need to send you a PM if they ever find an annoying one, and you'll make sure to remove it.

With that being said, if I were you I would try and ignore every whining comment sent your way like this one. You should focus on the people that are actually grateful for your work and that are willing to deal with the ads because of it. Even if it's only a portion of the community, they're the ones that matter, the rest should just be white noise to you. Grateful/happy people tend to be less vocal too.

Edited by Bleako